The Student Room Group

Who here does NOT care about politics and current affairs

Scroll to see replies

Ignorance of politics and current affairs is not something to celebrate.
Reply 21
Because this "country" sucks, maybe?
Reply 22
"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors."

- Plato
Reply 23
Studying History and always having an interest in politics and current affairs I used to always keep up to date with everything. But now I get that saturated and fed up with stuff all uni year, in the summertime now I tend to just go 'meh' and switch off from it all.
Have a look at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JD1gWNALcLg - "I don't do politics" - sound familiar?
Reply 25
Original post by AwsomePossum
Looks like my maths teacher, when I tell her I don't care about pythagoras

hahahaha the thought of that made me LOL:o:o:redface:
Original post by Rzc
hahahaha the thought of that made me LOL:o:o:redface:

Indeed, you should see her face when we play the rauol moat game!

The rauol moat game is when you and a friend shout the fearsome gingers name in turn, each time increasing the decibels.

Me
Original post by Prince Rhyus
i.e. is not bothered at all by what happens in the world of UK politics.

...and why?

- Not interesting enough?
- Difficult to see how political issues affect you on day-to-day basis?
- Too comfortable to be incentivised to do anything
- Too busy to do anything?
- Feel that your input would make no difference?
- Got more important things to do?
- Got other interests that are far more fun?
- Telly/computer games/other forms of entertainment?
- A general feeling of "meh"?

Perpetual depression.
Original post by JCC-MGS
Ignorance of politics and current affairs is not something to celebrate.

People always feel tha if someone does not share the same academic interests as them they are being ignorant or stupid.
Original post by No Man
All of the above.

this
Original post by Prince Rhyus
Have a look at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JD1gWNALcLg - "I don't do politics" - sound familiar?

What happened to that?
I don't get how people can not care about politics. Yeah, it can be really boring. But to not care at all? it AFFECTS you!!
Reply 33
Politics is just as faddy as everything else, but due to being so dull it's considered some sort of esoteric intellectual interest.
lol... nobody can live in a human society and not be affected in some way by politics. it's one of the constants of life.
Reply 35
Only idiots think that politics doesn't affect them.
Reply 36
At fear of cradling into yet another manic-depressive episode, I've chosen to be a lot more apathetic towards the monotony depicted through current global affairs. I feel the lack of stability in the political sector of this country and other affluent nations would also further deteriorate my dwindling faith in humanity. If something happens, I'll let the offset of events that come as a result let me know through hitting me in the face.

Not saying I don't care, but damn, this gloomy weather is bad enough.
Reply 37
Some of you guys are so ignorant it's unbelievable.
Politics? W0t, is dat sum srt of gum?
BRAP BRAP BRAP!!!
i think people reckon politics is just men in suits sitting in Parliament, and talking about things over their heads. It's not really people's fault, since most human beings are shallow. It's human nature lol.... even still, all human societies have governance in some sense. if we accept that society has rules, then somebody has to make and enforce the rules.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending