The Student Room Group

Admissions Interview: Sciences Po Joint Master Journalism/International Affairs

I am urgently seeking some information about the admissions interview for the Joint Master in Journalism and International Affairs at SciencesPo. There is very little information online for the international admissions (I am Australian). I know they will test my knowledge of current affairs and ask about my motivations for applying for the degree. Is there anyone who has sat this interview or has some knowledge of the following:

- Length and structure of the interview
- Example questions
- Current affairs: Will the questions focus on particular regions or topics? I am expecting them to want me to have general knowledge of my local region (Asia Pacific) as well as Europe, and a deeper understanding of my areas of expertise (politics and education), but this is pure speculation.
- Will the questions about current affairs be knowledge-based (asking about specific events, dates, etc) or skills-based (asking me to give my opinion and perspective on an event of my choosing, for example)

I found out last week I was selected for the interview following submission of my written application. The interview date has been changed to THIS THURSDAY. Any advice greatly appreciated!
Reply 1
Hi,

I am currently in the exact situation you found yourself in last year. I've been searching for more answers regarding the interview with no success, and I wanted to ask whether you would be so kind as to share your experience?

Thank you in advance, I would greatly appreciate it!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending