The Student Room Group

Muse Society II - Join the Resistance!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by museobsessed
You do make a good point but that set must have cost a hell of alot of money as it was made exclusively for them just for that tour of stadium dates. Not only would they have had to pay for labour costs and raw materials for the other shows they would have had to get the whole set driven in peices all over europe. I can imagine their stadum gigs costing a few million each easily. Granted maybe Muse can make a profit from their gig tickets alone but thats because they're a huge band and they were playing stadiums. Their album tour tickets were only about £25 if I remember correctly and they had just as complex stage set

I think they have a few identical sets to cut down on the transportation costs, and so they have time to build the things. Could be wrong, though.

I have no idea how much these kind of things costs so I'm not going to further speculate. Given the number of dates they will have taken in tens of millions of pounds though, which I reckon would cover costs. BUT I do agree, the merch is a very easy sell and the hefty profit margin on each item will bring in a hell of a lot of their overall profit.

IIRC, the album tour tickets were only very slightly cheaper than the stadium shows.
Original post by JohnnySPal

I think they have a few identical sets to cut down on the transportation costs, and so they have time to build the things. Could be wrong, though.

I have no idea how much these kind of things costs so I'm not going to further speculate. Given the number of dates they will have taken in tens of millions of pounds though, which I reckon would cover costs. BUT I do agree, the merch is a very easy sell and the hefty profit margin on each item will bring in a hell of a lot of their overall profit.

IIRC, the album tour tickets were only very slightly cheaper than the stadium shows.

I read an interview recently where they said that their set was coming by boat to Australia!

They're quoting "A. Source"? Who's that? ... Oh, a source. For all we know that could be a demented muse.mu member down the pub outside the Sun offices.

Where do you get all thse stories from Pheebs? Or is The Sun your newspaper of choice you filthy tabloid lover?

They're quoting "A. Source"? Who's that? ... Oh, a source. For all we know that could be a demented muse.mu member down the pub outside the Sun offices.

Where do you get all thse stories from Pheebs? Or is The Sun your newspaper of choice you filthy tabloid lover?

One of the many muse related fan pages on facebook posted it.
I hate tabloids but occasionally get really bored and read the daily mail celebrity stories. I stay away from anything non celeb related otherwise I would turn into the hulk
The hemp farmer mock up picture is disturbing. Also too tall for matt!
Original post by hothedgehog

The hemp farmer mock up picture is disturbing. Also too tall for matt!

haha yeh
So that's it, the The Resistance tour is over. Bring on album #6.

:rip:

hells yeh bring on the new album, particularly as matt said it will be more like sandwhich
I really want a sandwich.
*searches muse sandwhich on google, finds nothing*

And Wolstenholme Jr #6

I really want a sandwich.

Me too. Pheebs is useless at providing us with sammiches.

Dirty girl!

Shouldn't you be searching for a sandwich for me?
I jest
:unimpressed:
Original post by Wednesday Bass
Shouldn't you be searching for a sandwich for me?
I jest
:unimpressed:

Or making us (at least) one each?

Ah, buggernuts to this, I'm off to make curry

(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Dinendal Leralonde

Me too. Pheebs is useless at providing us with sammiches.

Indeed... unimpressive. It's ok now anyway, i've had a roast :smile:
You are all mean!!
Curry is better than sandwhiches anyway, Din must share!
You are all mean!!
Curry is better than sandwhiches anyway, Din must share!

If you think you can handle one of my curries, please, by all means, entertain me by trying one :p:

If you think you can handle one of my curries, please, by all means, entertain me by trying one :p:

Maybe not then. Will get my own curry, stuff all of you and your pathetic wishes for sandwhiches! :p:
I never asked for a sandwhich :P

I never asked for a sandwhich :P

sush! I can't spell

Quick Reply

Latest