Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Official Warwick Applicants Thread 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1200
Original post by sango
Wassup y'all :h:

This is a thread for all of you applying to the ridiculously competitive Warwick in 2010 (for 2011 entry or deferred 2012 entry).

Name your course and subject and chatter away...

I'm applying for English (Q300)

Welcome to stay at mine if you want to come up for a day
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Reply 1201
Original post by Sappho
Hey :smile:

I received an offer for Classics, my first offer:smile:

Any other classicists around?

I pray that you get Dr. Luca Asmonti.

He is a god amongst men
Reply 1202
Original post by Reems
I pray that you get Dr. Luca Asmonti.

He is a god amongst men

Pardon?

edit: What's wrong with not knowing this guy? ^^
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1203
Original post by anoif_
My Warwick offer is with a year abroad in France. I did love the course at King's but the accommodation/expense in London plus the fact that I've loved Oxford from being little makes me think I'm going to pick Oxford.

My fingers are crossed that you hear soon! Have a lovely Christmas regardless :smile:

I guess if you're like me and a year abroad is important you could always do that after. Afterall, you would be mad to reject Oxford and you're understandably gonna take the insurance which has a lower offer.

Got another christmas greetings today. <3 :P
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1204
Original post by Sappho
Pardon?

He's a lecturer at Warwick
Reply 1205
Original post by Reems
He's a lecturer at Warwick

Oh I see. I thought it was some very famous classicist and was wondering why I didn't know him:tongue:
Got a Christmas e-mail, they're going to be closed from Christmas Eve until the 3rd of January and it sounds like I won't be hearing back until after the 15th. It's nice to recieve a little Christmas message though. If Warwick admissions do read these threads then thank you, stuff like this is lovely. Merry Christmas to y'all too. And to you, fellow applicants.
Reply 1207
Original post by no chance
Got a Christmas e-mail, they're going to be closed from Christmas Eve until the 3rd of January and it sounds like I won't be hearing back until after the 15th. It's nice to recieve a little Christmas message though. If Warwick admissions do read these threads then thank you, stuff like this is lovely. Merry Christmas to y'all too. And to you, fellow applicants.

This.
Reply 1208
Original post by Howellsy
I guess if you're like me and a year abroad is important you could always do that after. Afterall, you would be made to reject Oxford and you're understandably gonna take the insurance which has a lower offer.

Got another christmas greetings today. <3 :P

Yeah, I would still love to spend a year in France and I do eventually want to work there but like you say I could always do it after my degree which would be amazing :smile: I hope to keep up my French/improve it so I can eventually speak it fluently :smile:

I do love the Christmas greetings emails! I will be sad to not go to Warwick as I genuinely loved the place (and those emails are the cutest!)
Reply 1209
any news offers from the business school? or any economics related subjects?
Original post by no chance

:smile:No email for me:frown: probably a bad sign, it would be good to get something from one of my choices before Christmas, oh well never mind. Have a great Christmas:smile:
Reply 1211
Original post by alexx :)
MMORSE offer came through today! :smile: Very pleased. They told us at interview day we would all get offers but it's still nice to actually see it on track, puts my mind at rest!

Hey, congrats. What were your GCSEs and predicted grades, if you don't mind me asking. Also what was the actual offer itself? Is it true Warwick would accept an AAB providing you got a merit in AEA?
I got a christmas greeting email too. That's really nice of them to take time just to wish us a merry christmas aww...
Reply 1213
Original post by Ree69
Hey, congrats. What were your GCSEs and predicted grades, if you don't mind me asking. Also what was the actual offer itself? Is it true Warwick would accept an AAB providing you got a merit in AEA?

GCSES 8A* and 2A

Predicted A level grades A*AAA (already have an A* in maths but not cashed in so they don't know that).

Yes my offer was for either A* (maths) A (f.maths) A or A (maths) AB + 2/merit in STEP/AEA :smile:
Reply 1214
Original post by Anita B. Studin
I got a christmas greeting email too. That's really nice of them to take time just to wish us a merry christmas aww...

Yup me too. I was fully expecting it to be a christmas greeting anyway, but my heart did skip a beat for a microsecond when I saw the [email protected] email address pop up in my inbox!

I don't realistically expect an offer or rejection from Warwick until February to be honest.
Reply 1215
Original post by Alighty
Woop :smile: me neither, I don't think they've started sending replies yet!

Haha. Did you apply for Manchester's PPE?
Reply 1216
Original post by alexx :)

Yes my offer was for either A* (maths) A (f.maths) A or A (maths) AB + 2/merit in STEP/AEA :smile:

I'm glad I didn't take maths; just looking at this sentence ossifies my brain :/ well done on your Warwick offer :smile: I got one yesterday of AAA. Absolutely over the moon and will probably firm it. After my Oxford rejection, a place at this fantastic university is probably the best Christmas present I could possibly have had.
Reply 1217
Original post by Ab1odun
I'm glad I didn't take maths; just looking at this sentence ossifies my brain :/ well done on your Warwick offer :smile: I got one yesterday of AAA. Absolutely over the moon and will probably firm it. After my Oxford rejection, a place at this fantastic university is probably the best Christmas present I could possibly have had.

Congrats to you! I probably didn't write my offer out the right way but it is a bit complicated. It was what I was expecting though so I understood it, they explained it all on interview day, but I showed it to my Mum and she didn't have a clue what it all meant! I will probably end up firming Warwick too, exciting stuff!
:smile:I got a xmas email :tongue:, I was begining to panic, as everyone else that's waiting for a decision seemed to get an email except for me! I'm becoming such a drama queen.lol:biggrin:
Reply 1219
Original post by esiled
Haha. Did you apply for Manchester's PPE?

No I didn't :'( I actually screwed up my choices pretty badly ...

Quick Reply

Latest