The Student Room Group

"How many people have you slept with?"

So recently one of my older friends were asked this question by their boyfriend (at the time) and she said a number that was more than 3 or 4 *I can't remember which one it was. The guy dumped her :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

So that made me think, what is the cut of line? *Like when they have slept with too many people or whatever*

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Well, that sounds ridiculous. Unless she was under 16 and that sort of number reflected badly on her personality?
theres no cut off line.

how/why they slept with their last few people on the other hand matters to me as it demonstrates their attitude to sex and the likelihood we're on roughly the same lines.
Reply 3
The guy is nuts. God knows how he will cope in his late 20's trying to find a virgin at that age.
Pathetic and shallow.

That said, i'd be asking questions if a girl had done more than 10-15, because at this age (19) it shows she clearly isnt into long term relationships, whereas im quite the opposite.
Reply 4
xxx
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 5
What a nutjob =/ Depends on age I suppose, but unless the number is actually frighteningly large it shouldn't matter that much.
i don't see the problem, as long as she was safe :s-smilie:
Reply 7
Original post by Alt__x
I don't think there should be a cut off line. Their past is their past, it can't be changed. Aslong as they aren't sleeping with anyone else while in a relationship, I don't really see the problem.

I bet you cant practice what you preach. if you met the most amazing guy of your life. He's your age, and has had sex with 50 girls. He still keeps in contact with these girls as 'friends'.
Highly doubt you could cope with that tbh
Original post by Alt__x
I don't think there should be a cut off line. Their past is their past, it can't be changed. Aslong as they aren't sleeping with anyone else while in a relationship, I don't really see the problem.

i think this!
and i think people's attitudes to sex can change, so even if this girl had slept with 50 guys, and then decided she wanted to settle down, and not sleep with a lot of people than asw long as she's faithful why would it matter?

oh and as long as she's STD free :smile:
This many.
Reply 10
xxxx
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by Alt__x

You've previously admitted to being a slag with low self esteem, you don't really have any credibility in this argument.
Reply 12
Original post by Alt__x
But that is his past!! It shouldn't affect a relationship in the present. If I really love the guy, I can't see it affecting a perfectly good relationship.
And to be honest, my track record isn't exactly clean, so who am I to judge a guy based on his sexual history? I would hate for a guy to use that as a reason not to be in a relationship with me.

Im sure it would grate on you a bit if the guy had very strong friendships with a lot of these girls and was very well known to be a player.
Then one day just decides to start fresh and be with one girl only?
Either i am just not very trusting you aren't talking sense. But i guess i am a very VERY insecure person, so fair play.
Reply 13
xxx
(edited 11 years ago)
Lol, what a moron.
Reply 15
I have slept with no one :cry2:
Reply 16
Original post by Astra_K
Im sure it would grate on you a bit if the guy had very strong friendships with a lot of these girls and was very well known to be a player.
Then one day just decides to start fresh and be with one girl only?
Either i am just not very trusting you aren't talking sense. But i guess i am a very VERY insecure person, so fair play.

I used to be a whore and sleep around a lot, then I met my current girlfriend and waited 8 months before even thinking of having sex with her. Infact she was the one who wanted it, I wasn't too fussed.

People can change, but it's perfectly understandable if you're put off by someone's sexual history. It can make you feel insecure about your own performance, worry that the person will cheat on you, make you feel like you're not good enough and all that. But at the end of the day, if the person is choosing to be in a long term relationship with you then it's not something you just fall into lightly. You think about it, if you are swooned by this person, you'll easily change for that person.
Original post by her
So recently one of my older friends were asked this question by their boyfriend (at the time) and she said a number that was more than 3 or 4 *I can't remember which one it was. The guy dumped her :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

So that made me think, what is the cut of line? *Like when they have slept with too many people or whatever*

There could be more to this story, lol. Are you sure he dumped her because, and only because, she had ****ed that number of men?

Personally I don't care. The last girl I was with had ****ed 30ish, and made it into this huge "coming out" big deal to admit to me. I was like "nice work, cool". She seemed disappointed, in a way, that I didn't make a bigger deal out of it.

When girls ask me I usually don't tell them, because they like to pretend I am successful with women - when in reality I am not.
Just 1 :smile: <3

But then I know people who have slept with loads of people, and completely changed and are now in long-term relationships and getting married over the next couple of years :smile: So yeah, it depends on the story behind the other people too, and how much you trust them not to cheat on you etc etc, and how old the person is at the time.
Original post by shygirl92
I have slept with no one :cry2:

Nothing shameful about that, chin up sunshine:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending