The Student Room Group

why are brits unfortunate looking in the looks department?

Scroll to see replies

I don't think I am the one being ignorant, since not once did I even suggest the opposite. Not my problem if you misinterpreted what I said.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Luceria

Original post by Luceria
Oh yes, that works too :mmm: :laugh:

BHM doesn't just mean Big Handsome Men, it also means Beautiful Hiberno Males. :wink:

:getmecoat:
Reply 122
Original post by georgia
Same for me. I started watching it after being persuaded by a couple of friends, they used him being attractive almost as bait, haha. I love love love his Chuck accent though, which puts his natural accent into a close second. He's ridiculously dreamy.

I'm partial to Chace Crawford too, on a good day. Less so though because he's too pretty preppy boy for me.

I think Chace Crawford looks like a Ken barbie doll. He's not ugly. It's just that he looks like Ken. And Nate is so stupid (most of them are).. Just ruins it! haha
It's always so strange (yet very nice) hearing him speak with his natural accent!

Well, I've only dated British people. And I've found them fiendishly attractive :wink:
Prospects here ain't so bad.
Reply 124
What the ****?! Every country has beautiful, handsome, pretty, ugly, grotesque looking people. It's not just this country. Stop slagging ya own ****ing country off.
1) Are you saying the archetypal Briton doesn't have Anglo-Saxon, Roman and some Northern French influences?
2) How is that relevant? The genes are there. When they were introduced is of no importance.
3) I disagree, it is certainly on a large enough scale to have an impact. ~10% of Britons are non white. Meaning at least 1 in 10 Britons are relatively recent immigrants. That's a pretty large scale effect.

Also, a large number of northerners are of Irish decent. That's a new mix of genes to add in.

4) Was unrelated to the genetics argument, and was just refuting that Britain is an insular country.

For people to blame ugliness on an unvaried gene pool is just ridicules, given both the ancient and modern history of our islands.
Reply 126
Original post by im so academic
BHM doesn't just mean Big Handsome Men, it also means Beautiful Hiberno Males. :wink:

:getmecoat:

:mmm:
Do you even know what point I was trying to make? I was not saying all British people are gorgeous for goodness sake, I thought that was fairly obvious.
You think that Irish immigrants didn't mix with the local population of the North.

Obviously not me that needs some basic education.
touche... Although I was only trying to prove im neither short nor squat :biggrin:
Reply 130
Original post by Luceria
I think Chace Crawford looks like a Ken barbie doll. He's not ugly. It's just that he looks like Ken. And Nate is so stupid (most of them are).. Just ruins it! haha
It's always so strange (yet very nice) hearing him speak with his natural accent!

It's true, he's too 'perfect' looking which does ruin it along with the slowness!

Not gonna lie, I do like Ed's natural accent. He just seems so lovely!
To be honest, I hadn't noticed that we were especially worse looking than other nations. Maybe I don't get out enough. Or have low standards. Or both (probable).
Original post by Steevee
I'm sure they do, but I'm talking about the average women. I suppose it's peronal preference in the end, but I wouldn't say they are better looking than British women on the whole.

But regardless of specific countries, I think we can both agre that British women are far more attractive than the average women from other countries.

Well, generally speaking they are better looking than British women.

British women are nice in the way they are down to earth and genuine people, but in terms of looks, even if you travel across Europe you will find British women are not that great looking comparing to the women of Europe.
IS THIS NEWS???

WELL DUH!

I've travelled to every continent but Antarctica and British people are definitely the ugliest Caucasian people, however this is fine as they make up for it in other departments.

Another article:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1226933/Brits-ugliest-people-world.html

British people tend to have better style however when it comes to faces and features we are definitely at the bottom.
Reply 134
Original post by onthejubileeline
To be honest, I hadn't noticed that we were especially worse looking than other nations. Maybe I don't get out enough. Or have low standards. Or both (probable).

no, it's because u have a pin-up of a football player :wink:
Original post by minimalme
no, it's because u have a pin-up of a football player :wink:

Lol, I'm an Arsenal fan, he's my favourite player, not a 'pin up'.

What does that have to do with anything?? :rolleyes:
Reply 136
Lol, I'm an Arsenal fan, he's my favourite player, not a 'pin up'.

What does that have to do with anything?? :rolleyes:

a fair deal, it's a contributing factor.
I think there are loads of gorgeous British girls around, you foreign Brit-bashers can **** off.

Having said that, I was in Nice last Summer. Holy. Living. F*ck.
Original post by minimalme
a fair deal, it's a contributing factor.

I didn't realise football was making me ugly. I was under the impression it was my genes.
Reply 139
I didn't realise football was making me ugly. I was under the impression it was my genes.

football=depression=depressed people=obese people=not so nice looking people=lots of people watching football=lots of people playing football.

thats ur gene theory. it's a vicious cyle.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending