The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 8680
The War of the Worlds - H.G. Wells.
Then I've got a million more waiting to be read.
Right Now,

On the Road - Jack Kerouac
Hogfather - Terry Pratchett (not his best...)

and The Lord of the Rings (generally always in and out of this :L)
Reply 8682
Original post by Ears
To Kill A Mokingbird - GCSE Lit :P

I'm not allowed to study that for English Lit because i'm not in a high enough class. :frown: I heard it's terrible though?
The perks of being a wall flower - Stephen Chbosky
My friend nagged me until I finally bought it
Original post by mmckn

Original post by mmckn
Soldiers Son is really good, the main character reminds me of Fitz a lot. Also The Tawny Man Trilogy is all about Fitz after the Red Ships and develops his connection with the Fool, I would says it's as good if not better than the assassins. I haven't read The Liveship Traders but have heard good things. I am such a nerd :cool:

Was thinking of reading Assassin's Apprentice but not so sure. :s-smilie:
Original post by geoandjam
Right Now,

On the Road - Jack Kerouac

This book is like a bible for me. I adore Kerouac and everything that he has written.

And to come to the point
Trainspotting-Irvine Welsh
Reply 8686
Original post by mmckn
I'm not allowed to study that for English Lit because i'm not in a high enough class. :frown: I heard it's terrible though?

Yes, that happens in our school, the lower classes are doing Of Mice And Men. I think it's really good, her narration is brilliant (although I don't understand many of the words she uses)

I like it :smile:
Reply 8687
Original post by addylad
Was thinking of reading Assassin's Apprentice but not so sure. :s-smilie:

I would recommend it, one of my favourite fantasy books. Hobb really makes you empathise with the characters :biggrin:
Reply 8688
Original post by Ears
Yes, that happens in our school, the lower classes are doing Of Mice And Men. I think it's really good, her narration is brilliant (although I don't understand many of the words she uses)

I like it :smile:

Hmm I think I might read it outside of class...
Reply 8689
'The Earth Hums in B Flat' by Mari Strachan.
Keeping Faith by Jodi Picoult. Just finished Hush Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick and it was fab!
Reply 8691
Original post by mmckn
Hmm I think I might read it outside of class...

Do, it's worth it.

I've just finished The Picture Of Dorian Gray, which I loved for the most part. Oscar Wilde's style and vocabulary are so sexy.

Now I'm onto Lolita - Vladimir Nabokov. So far so good..
Reply 8692
"Freedom" by Jonathan Franzen!
It's awesome.
Reply 8693
Just started Never Let Me Go - Kazuo Ishiguro. Very much enjoying it so far! :smile:
Original post by big-boss-91
The Hobbit, yesterday i bought the Lord of the Rings trilogy for when i finish reading the hobbit :smile:

I finished reading that recently, quite enjoyed it. :yep: No idea when I'll start reading LOTR, though - I have too many other unread books to get through.

BTW, thanks to whoever thumbed-up my last post. :top: Harry Hill fan, I'm guessing? :biggrin:
Reply 8695
To the Lighthouse - Virginia Woolf

And it's boring the hell out of me :hmpf:
Sons and Lovers - D.H Lawrence, hoping to finish it by the end of the week!
Jane Austen - Persuasion
La Catedral del Mar by Ildefonso Halcones
Original post by Platinum Mech
Jane Austen - Persuasion

One of my favourite Austen novels :biggrin: I think my all time favourite would have to be Emma though. There's just something about falling in love with your best friend :wink:

Latest

Trending

Trending