The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Original post by toast.
Got a conditional offer for Linguistics and Phonetics today :smile:
They raised the grades though - it says ABB on the website and the prospectus, but they offered me AAA. Has this happened to anyone else?

My offer for that course is AAB.. i guess it just varies :s ah well.. you going to the department open day on the 26th? :smile:
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Just got an email today from the POLIS department saying "congratulations on recieving your offer". Haven't had a track email yet though. This is for International Relations and I'll probally need AA (from the two subjects I'm retaking, keeping my B grade)
Reply 442
Original post by tomlocke
Got a lowered offer from applying on the access scheme ABB for law, instead of AAA.

:biggrin:

Hi, I'm about to send off my access application and was just wondering, were you predicted AAA? (I say this as I was rejected as my predicted were AAC - so annoyed as I thought I was predicted a B in the one I got a C for) but am hoping after they get my application they'll reconsider and give me an offer lol.
Hello! I probably posted here months ago, but I'm not going to check, so hi :p: I've got an ABB offer for French and Linguistics (just got it today, actually), I did apply for Japanese and got an offer but changed my mind and emailed Leeds and in their awesomeness they changed my app over :awesome: Ahhhh I'm so excited!

Anyone know what accommodation they'll pick? I really want to live in North Hill Court :h: But don't know which for my second choice.
Original post by Bella Occhi
Hello! I probably posted here months ago, but I'm not going to check, so hi :p: I've got an ABB offer for French and Linguistics (just got it today, actually), I did apply for Japanese and got an offer but changed my mind and emailed Leeds and in their awesomeness they changed my app over :awesome: Ahhhh I'm so excited!

Anyone know what accommodation they'll pick? I really want to live in North Hill Court :h: But don't know which for my second choice.

If I put Leeds as my firm (which is Jan results providing) then I'm going for Clarence Dock.
Reply 445
Original post by jelly1000
Just got an email today from the POLIS department saying "congratulations on recieving your offer". Haven't had a track email yet though. This is for International Relations and I'll probally need AA (from the two subjects I'm retaking, keeping my B grade)

Congratulations :smile: That means we will probably be in the same class for IR (if we go to Leeds) haha :smile:
Where else did you apply ? (Sorry if you've already replied to this question...)
Original post by Ness55
Congratulations :smile: That means we will probably be in the same class for IR (if we go to Leeds) haha :smile:
Where else did you apply ? (Sorry if you've already replied to this question...)

Cheers! And best of luck to you too! I really want to go to Leeds, it was my firm last year and I missed the offer but by a long way. Need to get AA from my retakes (and currently have CC). My other choices as per my sig are UEA, Brum, Portsmouth and Notts Trent. Got 4 offers so far and heard nothing from Trent and I'm 99% sure UEA is where I'll go if I can't get the grades for Leeds.
Reply 447
Got an offer at the beginning of December;

ABB (A in French) for French and Arabic. Think this is going to be my firm!
Insurance sorted -
ABB for Classical Literature and English :biggrin:
Just hoping for actual English now!
i;ve still not heard anything from leeds yet regarding my application and i sent it on the 1st november for politics and geography! :angry:
Offer of ABB for History and Politics
Reply 451
Original post by alwaysanigel247
i;ve still not heard anything from leeds yet regarding my application and i sent it on the 1st november for politics and geography! :angry:

Leeds is one of those Universities that will either get back to you very quickly or will leave you waiting for months. I had a friend who had to wait till March to get an offer from them last year, when others got offers within weeks of sending their application. Don't worry about it. The next few months will fly by.
Got my conditional offer for English Literature and Language yesterday afternoon :biggrin:
has anyone had an offer for economics and politics? sent my application off on the 21st october but still havent heard anything!
Reply 454
Got a conditional offer this afternoon for Philosophy ABB :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
applied 2nd dec
Has anyone actually received their Leeds offer on their UCAS?
They're the only uni im waiting on so that i can accept any offers! grrrr..............
Reply 456
So happy, Just got offers for 2 courses I applied for at Leeds!

Mathematics and Statistics & Mathematics with Finance!

Both offers are - GCE A level AAB with A in Mathematics
or an alternative conditions of A in Mathematics and A in Further Mathematics,

Does this mean you can choose whichever suits best or does it mean AAB but if you do Further Mathematics then you have to have an A in that too?
Reply 457
got an offer the other day for medical sciences :smile: need AAA
Hey, hi, hello! (;

Received an offer through from Leeds a few days ago! I am so very pleased! ;D
Course: LLB Law
Conditions: AAA

XD

Good Luck to you all! x
I got an offer from Leeds yesterday for Environmental Science! I'm so happy :smile: It's my first offer since sending my UCAS off on the 6th, I was surprised at how quickly they replied!

Latest