The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2400
Original post by rainbowbex
7 isn't so goood I dont think, but I like when

Spoiler

I put it in a spoiler in case you hadn't seen the last 2 proper series x

Yeah I have... the last episode of 7 isn't too bad tbh :smile: Quite like the fantasy side of things.
Original post by 22KT22
Yeah I have... the last episode of 7 isn't too bad tbh :smile: Quite like the fantasy side of things.

I love J.D's fantasies and that they start to parody them too :smile:
Original post by King_Duncan
I just noticed for the first time (don't know how I missed it before!) that you also study in Oxford :smile: What church do you go to? I'm an Aldates regular (it's actually where I became a Christian a few years back).

I do :smile: I go to Aldate's at the moment, but still haven't settled properly! Will hopefully stay there if I find ways to get involved but we'll see. Which service do you go to?
besides, surely they can't discriminate on grounds of faith?

Many people might think it's idiotic to not believe in evolution, but then many might believe it's idiotic to believe in God..

I'm putting far more thought into this. I should be learning anti-emetics.

cancer staging and all about poo. Thank God for scrubs 'everything comes down to poo'

if you've seen the 'my musical' epp? :smile:

annnnnndd END ramble. too. much. caffiene

I dunno, I'm personally not too fussed about the whole discrimination thing - if it was someone's faith to basically refuse to do any medicine or accept any scientific research or anything, I think they'd be justified in refusing them and 'discriminating' in this case. :confused:
I should know about anti-emetics :frown: we don't learn anything useful like that till 4th year :frown:
Original post by Calumcalum
I dunno, I'm personally not too fussed about the whole discrimination thing - if it was someone's faith to basically refuse to do any medicine or accept any scientific research or anything, I think they'd be justified in refusing them and 'discriminating' in this case. :confused:
I should know about anti-emetics :frown: we don't learn anything useful like that till 4th year :frown:

at bristol, first two terms of first year are full of solid underlying sciencey stuff, then you build on that in a systems based approach.

eg. cvs focus on cvs pharmacology (b-blockers etc) but I mostly find it's about 50:50 with theory and clinical.

GI we spend about ten lectures looking at the molecular basis of secretions, signalling pathways etc, and then 4 lecs on pharmacology (inc. first pass effect) and then IBS/IBD

I think it's quite good cos you get to start practising your clinical skills early, if I don't get to intercalate next year I'll be spending almost all of my time on the wards because almost all teaching is done on the wards 3-4yr (there is the occassional week where we group back up at the university)

you probably weren't looking for a full explaination, but I went to sleep at 1:30 so deal :tongue:
Reply 2405
Hope you're ok hun,

I don't have anything specific, but whatever **** is going down, God is with you and in Gods strength anything is possible! I'll pray for you too, but I want to encourage you to share whatevers going on with a Christian friend, if you have not done so already, because 1. God answers prayers and 2. Taking the time out to intentionally spend time with God can bring us peace (note Ephesians 2:14 'for he is our peace' and verse 17'so he came and proclaimed peace to you who were far off and peace to those who are near'

*hugs* xx

Thank you. : )

And thanks to everyone else for the recommendations, too!
at bristol, first two terms of first year are full of solid underlying sciencey stuff, then you build on that in a systems based approach.

eg. cvs focus on cvs pharmacology (b-blockers etc) but I mostly find it's about 50:50 with theory and clinical.

GI we spend about ten lectures looking at the molecular basis of secretions, signalling pathways etc, and then 4 lecs on pharmacology (inc. first pass effect) and then IBS/IBD

I think it's quite good cos you get to start practising your clinical skills early, if I don't get to intercalate next year I'll be spending almost all of my time on the wards because almost all teaching is done on the wards 3-4yr (there is the occassional week where we group back up at the university)

you probably weren't looking for a full explaination, but I went to sleep at 1:30 so deal :tongue:

That all makes sense :biggrin: come to think of it, I think we might have done anti-emetics and stuff. I just didn't learn anything to do with the GI system because we learnt it in 3rd term of 1st year and I didn't have time/couldn't be bothered to learn anything then :awesome:
I do :smile: I go to Aldate's at the moment, but still haven't settled properly! Will hopefully stay there if I find ways to get involved but we'll see. Which service do you go to?

Recently, the 6pm, mainly because it's when my postgrad friends go. For a long time I attended the morning and/or late service, and still kind of miss the latter, although I suspect I would feel rather old if I went nowadays.

As you probably know, if you're 'low church' the main options are OCC, Ebbes, and Aldates. OCC is the most charismatic/'free spirit' and is non-denominational, Ebbes is conservative evangelical, and Aldates is - in the words of the rector - 'Anglo-Baptocostal'.

If you do choose to stay at Aldates, the community is amazing, and there are plenty of ways to get involved from student pastorates (the undergrad one is on Thursdays) to volunteering to help at services and events or joining a group like ACT!, which reaches out to the homeless in Oxford. OK, I'll stop typing now as I'm beginning to sound like an advert :colondollar:
(edited 13 years ago)
That all makes sense :biggrin: come to think of it, I think we might have done anti-emetics and stuff. I just didn't learn anything to do with the GI system because we learnt it in 3rd term of 1st year and I didn't have time/couldn't be bothered to learn anything then :awesome:

God was very kind to me with that exam, the one drug I know (anti-peptic) was omemprazole and I was asked mechinism of action. Scoooree

I'm confident I've passed, but think I could have done better. I was sure cholera was rice water stool, but didn't think it was an HAI in the uk, thought it had fecal oral transmission so put C.diff.

ARG. so many annoying things, not to mention being quized on stuff that we were told specifically not to learn *irritated/angry face*

/rant

Now to anatomy! I hate musculoskeletal! Nerve inevation sucks.
Reply 2409
God was very kind to me with that exam, the one drug I know (anti-peptic) was omemprazole and I was asked mechinism of action. Scoooree

I'm confident I've passed, but think I could have done better. I was sure cholera was rice water stool, but didn't think it was an HAI in the uk, thought it had fecal oral transmission so put C.diff.

ARG. so many annoying things, not to mention being quized on stuff that we were told specifically not to learn *irritated/angry face*

/rant

Now to anatomy! I hate musculoskeletal! Nerve inevation sucks.

I've been on that lol. Random snipet. Glad your exam went well :hugs:

I'm still trying to finish this essay thats already late so I can forget about it and move on.
Original post by 22KT22
I've been on that lol. Random snipet. Glad your exam went well :hugs:

I'm still trying to finish this essay thats already late so I can forget about it and move on.

I know what it does! lol. inhibits hydrogen ion secretion (reducing acidity)

I should get cracking, but I want to watch bill and ted.

Anyone else LOVE that film? or are you all a bit young? (it was released in '89)
Reply 2411
I know what it does! lol. inhibits hydrogen ion secretion (reducing acidity)

I should get cracking, but I want to watch bill and ted.

Anyone else LOVE that film? or are you all a bit young? (it was released in '89)

I was born in '89! :p:

I want to watch Father Ted, though, instead of revising. Unfortunately I don't think it's a substitute, even if I can find a way to argue that the conclusion to one of the issues is an "ecumenical matter"...
Original post by marille
I was born in '89! :p:

I want to watch Father Ted, though, instead of revising. Unfortunately I don't think it's a substitute, even if I can find a way to argue that the conclusion to one of the issues is an "ecumenical matter"...

Bill and Ted just makes me happy. Like Adam Hills does (see sig)

I'm not revising, I'm procrastinating.

Motivation, please?
Reply 2413
Bill and Ted just makes me happy. Like Adam Hills does (see sig)

I'm not revising, I'm procrastinating.

Motivation, please?

Adam Hills is amazing!
Original post by 22KT22
Adam Hills is amazing!

I know <3

I fell asleep :/
Both exams are now OVER! I'm being abandoned to my flat all weekend which I just don't want :frown: I hate being here alone without anyone else in the house :frown:
Reply 2416
:woo:

I have one essay out of the way and 2 more to do. :frown: Really stressing about the one due monday as I only have 500 words and I'm travelling back to uni tomorrow.
I'm stressing about exam tomorrow, totally not prepared for it :s-smilie:
Reply 2418
Original post by greeneyedgirl
I'm stressing about exam tomorrow, totally not prepared for it :s-smilie:

Saturday exams are just mean!! :hugs:
Original post by 22KT22

Original post by 22KT22
Saturday exams are just mean!! :hugs:

I know! And it's 4:30pm as well, so not like I can enjoy any of saturday till the evening!

Latest

Trending

Trending