The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE 'BSc Human Resource Management and Employment Relations' applicants/offer holders

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Really? I haven't seen anyone else beside us applying to this course from TSR. I just want to know how strong they are as applicants. :smile:

And yea, nevertheless, our offers. :smile:
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 21
Original post by chuchuchu
Really? I haven't seen anyone else beside us applying to this course from TSR. I just want to know how strong they are as applicants. :smile:

And yea, nevertheless, our offers. :smile:

Perhaps I was wrong..Having checked the applicants thread..I appear to be the only one who has been placed in the section of an applicant to this course!

OFFERS PLEASE! :smile:
Reply 22
Hey over there, any offers :frown:
Reply 23
Hey over there, any offers :frown:

Hey buddy

Nah, not a word and it seems like there were a vast amount of offers yesterday!

Probably going to firm UCL regardless of an offer though, not sure I would enjoy LSE..I'm just thinking..What jobs (aside from HR) are possible from such a degree?

Look forward to your reply!

Chris
Reply 24
Yes there were also Management offers which I believe were given out by the same department with us.

Hmm I've seen your thread of comparing the employability between UCL and LSE, also some comments on this course from that. I suspect that recruitment staff will not only look at the title degree but also the cores, the structure of the course that we had studied. This ERoB seems really interesting for me, it does not only cover the management but many aspects beside, which flexibly lead you into the diversity of jobs. In my case, I am not really keen on using IT skills so the UCL course is definitely not my cup of tea. Not sure what about you though.

Apart from LSE, I'm still waiting for KCL. Those London unis *shake.head*
Reply 25
Yes there were also Management offers which I believe were given out by the same department with us.

Hmm I've seen your thread of comparing the employability between UCL and LSE, also some comments on this course from that. I suspect that recruitment staff will not only look at the title degree but also the cores, the structure of the course that we had studied. This ERoB seems really interesting for me, it does not only cover the management but many aspects beside, which flexibly lead you into the diversity of jobs. In my case, I am not really keen on using IT skills so the UCL course is definitely not my cup of tea. Not sure what about you though.

Apart from LSE, I'm still waiting for KCL. Those London unis *shake.head*

I'm not sure which I'd choose if I had the choice..What are you planning on going into career wise?
I'm a current HR and ER student (second year), ask me anything about it. Not on this too often, so might reply slo-o-w-ly...
Reply 27
@Chris: well my career goal is simply to be a HR manager. But like I said, this degree could open more doors that you've thought of.

@Taz: hi ya, nice to meet you. How do you find the course? Is it challenging?
Reply 28
Original post by xTazx
I'm a current HR and ER student (second year), ask me anything about it. Not on this too often, so might reply slo-o-w-ly...

Hey there,

First of all, how is the course?

Secondly - Job opportunities..What internships if any have you secured ? Any particular employers keen on the course? Any help would be great!

Chris
@Chris: well my career goal is simply to be a HR manager. But like I said, this degree could open more doors that you've thought of.

@Taz: hi ya, nice to meet you. How do you find the course? Is it challenging?

chuchuchuchuchu...quotequotequote or I dont see your msg!

Original post by Chrisl12345
Hey there,

First of all, how is the course?

Secondly - Job opportunities..What internships if any have you secured ? Any particular employers keen on the course? Any help would be great!

Chris

I'll try to do both of your q's

-Course, is AWEWSOME. best course at lse. 3 subject choices a year, small classes. cant **** with that.

- Job opportunities - its LSE. you could be a janitor here and work in an investment bank. but seriuosly, dont worry about it. EVERYONE knows the LSE, especially in Europe. Worked in the European Investment Bank last year, everyone knows it. You'll soon realise that, if it has any weaknesses, its NOT career path.

-The LSE DOES have a strong capitalistic "I wanna wanna wanna work in investment!" mentality, and if that isn't you, its DEPRESSING. But you meet other depressed people, and its great!

-The course is as challenging as you want chuchuchuhcuhchuchuchuchuc, you get to pick so many options, that if you want it to be accounting/econ focussed, thats allowed, and if you prefer essay based, thats cool too.

in terms of internships, i took 2 gap years and was working, so its a bit unfair to post them here, but i know of people who worked at deloittes via this course, etc. Like i said, in Luxembourg for a few months, this year, probably something in London.
Reply 30
Original post by xTazx
chuchuchuchuchu...quotequotequote or I dont see your msg!

I'll try to do both of your q's

-Course, is AWEWSOME. best course at lse. 3 subject choices a year, small classes. cant **** with that.

- Job opportunities - its LSE. you could be a janitor here and work in an investment bank. but seriuosly, dont worry about it. EVERYONE knows the LSE, especially in Europe. Worked in the European Investment Bank last year, everyone knows it. You'll soon realise that, if it has any weaknesses, its NOT career path.

-The LSE DOES have a strong capitalistic "I wanna wanna wanna work in investment!" mentality, and if that isn't you, its DEPRESSING. But you meet other depressed people, and its great!

-The course is as challenging as you want chuchuchuhcuhchuchuchuchuc, you get to pick so many options, that if you want it to be accounting/econ focussed, thats allowed, and if you prefer essay based, thats cool too.

in terms of internships, i took 2 gap years and was working, so its a bit unfair to post them here, but i know of people who worked at deloittes via this course, etc. Like i said, in Luxembourg for a few months, this year, probably something in London.

Oh yea I quotquotequotequotequote you now. See?

You said you had 2 gap years? Was it before you applied to LSE or what? How was it possible anyway?

When did you get a reply from the admission tutor? was it before or after the UCAS deadline?
Oh yea I quotquotequotequotequote you now. See?

You said you had 2 gap years? Was it before you applied to LSE or what? How was it possible anyway?

When did you get a reply from the admission tutor? was it before or after the UCAS deadline?

Before LSE, possible because it's my life. I was mature enough then to make decisions about what I want to do with it, and it worked out brilliantly

No reply, just got into LSE, I had the grades already so maybe that's why? took ages for them to reply though, I remember.
Reply 32
Wow nice thanks.

Am I a waiting loner here now?
Reply 33
Wow nice thanks.

Am I a waiting loner here now?

I've got my offer, I still can't decide on LSE or UCL though..Honestly I'd rather one had rejected me to make the decision for me! :smile:
Reply 34
lol i never wish LSE rejecting me even if I was in your case. You said that you prefer LSE to UCL but the only worries you is that career path of this course?
Reply 35
lol i never wish LSE rejecting me even if I was in your case. You said that you prefer LSE to UCL but the only worries you is that career path of this course?

To be honest, there are positives and negatives for both Universities and both courses and so they are kind of on par with one another. I am worried by the career path though yes. The course doesn't seem to have much structure..1 compulsory module each year and then a great selection of other modules.. Don't get me wrong, I like the look of the modules in this course; I'm just unsure! I'll accept it/decline it ASAP though as it will no doubt quicken the process for other applicants including yourself!

Do you think the course is suitable for the big 4 consultancy firms? What about IB?

Chris
Reply 36
Erhm I don't think this course is much suitable to IB, neither the IT Management course in UCL. Consultancy, however, was mentioned in the possible career path for this, if I recalled well. It is just my opinion anyway. I think you'd better ask xTazx cause he knows better.

Even though if you turned down LSE so that I would have a bigger chance to get in, I still want to see you next year in LSE. :wink:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 37
Erhm I don't think this course is much suitable to IB, but more likely to big 4 consultancy firms, neither the IT Management course in UCL. It is just my opinion anyway. I think you'd better ask xTazx cause he knows better.

Even though if you turned down LSE so that I would have a bigger chance to get in, I still want to see you next year in LSE. :wink:

Both courses have had people go on to IB firms and consultancy firms..It's more the University than the course I believe. Yeah I need to ask xTazx what opportunities have come from this course..I will probably accept LSE if i'm honest..There is always the opportunity to complete a masters in something such as Finance/Management.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending