The Student Room Group
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website

Lincoln is my firm choice! - Anyone else going? :)

Hey there,
I got my offer yesterday :biggrin: (unconditional) for Psychology, no I'm not a genius that no matter what gets a place :wink: - I'm a gap year guy :cool: , so it's always going to be unconditional as I have the grades lol! but yeah I got my offers for
Hertfordshire
Lincoln :biggrin:
Huddersfield
CCCU
and I have chosen Lincoln as my firm (and therefore only choice, had to decline all the others)

I was wondering who else knows they are going, or are aiming to go :smile:

Good luck :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I will definitely be going. Am in a similiar situation to you. I've been out of education for a couple of years now (already have my a levels) so received an unconditional offer to study international relations.
Students in halls, University of Lincoln
University of Lincoln
Lincoln
Visit website
Reply 2
Awesome, you guys know which accommodation you wanna go to? I'm gonna apply to the student village, on campus I think
Biomedical sciences in 2011, literally can't wait! accommodation front i"m choosing The Junxion.
Reply 4
Yeah I'm counting down the months! Well I've just today sent off my accommodation form, with the student village as 1st and 2nd (en suite and non) and yeah I think I have junxion 3rd, or perhaps 4th along with the Pavilion. Other than that I can't remember anything haha
Reply 5
:smile: Im hoping to go to lincoln, have a conditional for animal management & welfare sooo pleased bout that! :tongue: crossed fingers will get in :smile:
If get in... will be staying at Riseholme
xxx
Reply 6
Ohhh I've got a conditional offer for tv/film and English lit :smile: but i haven't decided if it's a firm choice or insurance... it's either Linclon or Hertfordshire for me :smile:
I'm hoping to get Engineering, if I do I'll rent a house out as I have kids and want them to be able stay during their half term! Fingers Crossed I get Lincoln!! :smile:
Reply 8
Hey! Congrats to everyone who has offers! :biggrin:

I'm in my first year at the moment (doing Interactive Design :biggrin:), but just thought I'd mention something about the Student Village (Courts). I've known a few people who have lived there for their first year (there's a couple on my course living there right now) and quite a number have said it isn't worth what they charge you for. Isn't it close to £100 a week now? I'd just say, make sure you get viewings at quite a few other places before you send your form off, so you can make a good choice and so you know what to expect :smile:. Oh, and definitely put more than one choice down! I had my heart set on brayford quay (gorgeous flats!) and didn't put a second choice down, so I got shuffled into flat at Cathedral Street Apartments that I didn't particularly like at the time xD. Got used to it now, so all is well! Worked out tonnes cheaper too, just lacks an en-suite bathroom haha. Shared bathrooms aren't too bad once you get used to them :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Sk8rclare
Ohhh I've got a conditional offer for tv/film and English lit :smile: but i haven't decided if it's a firm choice or insurance... it's either Linclon or Hertfordshire for me :smile:

Hey there! I got an offer at Hertfordshire too! I decided Lincoln though, whatuni.com is a brilliant website to compare, gives you student reviews etc! I found that Hertfordshire lacked the citylife (nightlife basically), and I just love the look of the Lincoln campus! But yeah they're both great and I had trouble choosing. Good luck! xx
Original post by Steph_S

Original post by Steph_S
Hey! Congrats to everyone who has offers! :biggrin:

I'm in my first year at the moment (doing Interactive Design :biggrin:), but just thought I'd mention something about the Student Village (Courts). I've known a few people who have lived there for their first year (there's a couple on my course living there right now) and quite a number have said it isn't worth what they charge you for. Isn't it close to £100 a week now? I'd just say, make sure you get viewings at quite a few other places before you send your form off, so you can make a good choice and so you know what to expect :smile:. Oh, and definitely put more than one choice down! I had my heart set on brayford quay (gorgeous flats!) and didn't put a second choice down, so I got shuffled into flat at Cathedral Street Apartments that I didn't particularly like at the time xD. Got used to it now, so all is well! Worked out tonnes cheaper too, just lacks an en-suite bathroom haha. Shared bathrooms aren't too bad once you get used to them :smile:

Thanks for the kind advice! I've already sent off my application forms, with Courts as my first choice though! lol They look so awesome, but basically I haven't had time to visit lincoln yet, but they look sooo good, I think I've made Brayford Quay as my 3rd choice or something, have you visited the Courts yourself, and are they up to scratch with the others? Thanks :smile: xx
Reply 11
Original post by jimmy92goodwin
Hey there! I got an offer at Hertfordshire too! I decided Lincoln though, whatuni.com is a brilliant website to compare, gives you student reviews etc! I found that Hertfordshire lacked the citylife (nightlife basically), and I just love the look of the Lincoln campus! But yeah they're both great and I had trouble choosing. Good luck! xx

Ahh well thanks :smile: I'm going to have another look round both soon b4 I definitely decide but weighing up their good and bad points, it looks close.

Lincoln is definitely a beautiful city but I think I need to double check the nightclubs :wink:

Whatuni is a lifesaver haaha :tongue:
Reply 12
Hi guys, got a conditional offer from Lincoln for Business Studies. Only problem is I haven't received an offer from Winchester and am still undecided as to which I want to study at.

Have family in Lincoln and love the city, uni is really nice and accommodation is just what I'm looking for. Winchester is close to home though and a really nice place, I'm a mature student (will be 21 when I start) and its quite a quiet little place which will benefit me. I also have friends that study there and really enjoyed it when I went down to visit.

I keep making a decision and then changing my mind lol.

when do people usually start applying for halls?
brayford quays sucks, big time. pavillions is so much better wish i picked that as my first choice!
Reply 14
Good Luck everyone with your first choice accomodation because believe me you will need it, the accomodation team at Lincoln couldnt run a p*** up in a brewery.
Looks like im going to lincoln in september. got unconditional for business management, what accomo are people rating the best/value for money/fun! ??
Reply 16
The main bonus about living in Student Village is that you're guaranteed to be put with first years. I lived in Pavilions in my first year and was put with all second years. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't a bad experience in the slightest but still, going to Student Village a few times it's definitely got the most studenty feel to it. Everybody is in the same boat, whereas with ALL other accomm in a lincoln its a mixture of all years. I'd personally go for the student village if you have the chance..
Reply 17
Original post by plusone
The main bonus about living in Student Village is that you're guaranteed to be put with first years. I lived in Pavilions in my first year and was put with all second years. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't a bad experience in the slightest but still, going to Student Village a few times it's definitely got the most studenty feel to it. Everybody is in the same boat, whereas with ALL other accomm in a lincoln its a mixture of all years. I'd personally go for the student village if you have the chance..

I think since the University has reserved hundreds of rooms at a time with various accommodation places, and whole flats at that (last I heard), first years are pretty much guaranteed to be put together for the next academic year anyway :smile:. Most places are now full 'cause so many flats are reserved for first years. A lady in the reception at Park Court told me they usually have places right up until Easter, and when I signed for my room a couple of weeks ago, they were literally down to their last few (single rooms in separate flats). Apparently they have never filled up so quickly. I think it's the University trying to avoid what happened with this years first years, where many ended up in Houses 'cause all the halls were full. I do agree that with Courts you are absolutely guaranteed to be with other first years, but I do believe the chances of being with mixed years are significantly reduced for this next year at the very least! :smile:
Reply 18
I AM :biggrin:

firm for Animal behaviour, insurance for animal welfare and management, and Im buying a house and renting it :P

Im sooo excited...but scarrreddddddd
Original post by jimmy92goodwin
Hey there,
I got my offer yesterday :biggrin: (unconditional) for Psychology, no I'm not a genius that no matter what gets a place :wink: - I'm a gap year guy :cool: , so it's always going to be unconditional as I have the grades lol! but yeah I got my offers for
Hertfordshire
Lincoln :biggrin:
Huddersfield
CCCU
and I have chosen Lincoln as my firm (and therefore only choice, had to decline all the others)

I was wondering who else knows they are going, or are aiming to go :smile:

Good luck :smile:

I've got Lincoln as both my firm and insurance! Hopefully i'll see you there!

Quick Reply

Latest