Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Official Nottingham Applicants Thread 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 960
Original post by Poulter
Mechanical Engineering anyone? If so you going to one of the ucas days in march?

Yeah, I think I'm going on the 16th March. What was your offer if you don't mind me asking?
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by Trece13
oh right cheers, your grades are amazing! your like some robotic mind lol

are you chinese by any chance? hoep you dont mind me asking

Hahahahahaha. Yep I am :biggrin: why do you ask?
Original post by LornaSandison1
I was rejected from Oxford too, post-interview. Screwed up the interview XD
And no, UCL will be my firm, but I'm waiting to see whether Nottingham give me an offer, because I need an insurance. I doubt they'd offer anything lower than AAA, but I've heard a few people getting surprisingly low grade requirements this year, so it's worth a chance =D

I thought about it as insurance after Warwick... I'm not sure though. Also Notts is a BA whereas the others are LLB, I've always wondered whether this matters? I know Oxford was a BA but it's Oxford... haha. :smile:
Reply 963
Original post by rebeccap
I've applied for Natural Sciences - Biology, Chemistry and Maths- so sort of similar and Biology is my favourite of those subjects. Not sure if Nottingham will be my 1st choice though, depends if I get an offer from Durham. :biggrin: Have you got an offer yet?
Oh, that sounds like a tough combination! Um, not from Nottingham because I added them in as my 5th choice just before the UCAS deadline (15th January). But I do have an ABB offer from Warwick to do Biological Sciences.
You got anything yet? (:
Reply 964
Original post by luckylucifer
Hahahahahaha. Yep I am :biggrin: why do you ask?

haha kool, well in my eco class theres a few chinese guys, and there all geniuses. They get like 100/100 every! so i had a feeling u were too! lol
Original post by catalina18
I thought about it as insurance after Warwick... I'm not sure though. Also Notts is a BA whereas the others are LLB, I've always wondered whether this matters? I know Oxford was a BA but it's Oxford... haha. :smile:

From what I understand, the BA is just an indicator that it's a combined honours. You still get a qualifying Law degree. :smile:
Reply 966
Original post by akhaliq
Oh, that sounds like a tough combination! Um, not from Nottingham because I added them in as my 5th choice just before the UCAS deadline (15th January). But I do have an ABB offer from Warwick to do Biological Sciences.
You got anything yet? (:

I have offers from Nottingham and Bath (both AAA) and got rejected from Cambridge, so waiting to see from Durham and Southampton.
Reply 967
i havnt got the acknowledgement letter. should i be worried? or is the notts web portal thingy is considered as acknowledgement letter?
From what I understand, the BA is just an indicator that it's a combined honours. You still get a qualifying Law degree. :smile:

I thought so :smile: thanks :smile:
Reply 969
Original post by zayd221

Original post by zayd221
i havnt got the acknowledgement letter. should i be worried? or is the notts web portal thingy is considered as acknowledgement letter?

Yeah.... the web portal thing is an acknowledgement..
I don't remember receiving any letters of acknowledgement :smile:
I've just been acknowledged by Notts for English With Creative Writing. I added them last minute, just before the deadline, as a fifth choice, after realising I actually did want to go there... I really hope they give me an offer... :tongue:
Reply 971
Original post by ThePurpleRose
I've just been acknowledged by Notts for English With Creative Writing. I added them last minute, just before the deadline, as a fifth choice, after realising I actually did want to go there... I really hope they give me an offer... :tongue:

Good luck! I've been waiting aaages to hear back for this course! I hope they start giving out offers soon.
Original post by bubble11
Good luck! I've been waiting aaages to hear back for this course! I hope they start giving out offers soon.

Same to you! :h: I heard they start making decisions in February, so you might getting an offer soon. :biggrin:

How long did you wait before they asked you for a writing sample?
Reply 973
Original post by ThePurpleRose
Same to you! :h: I heard they start making decisions in February, so you might getting an offer soon. :biggrin:

How long did you wait before they asked you for a writing sample?

Yeah, I sent it off in November which feels like forever ago! They asked for up to 1500 words of fiction or 100 lines of poetry so I sent a short story. I wasn't really happy with it though so I'm pretty nervous about what their reply will be :unsure: But fingers crossed!
Original post by bubble11
Yeah, I sent it off in November which feels like forever ago! They asked for up to 1500 words of fiction or 100 lines of poetry so I sent a short story. I wasn't really happy with it though so I'm pretty nervous about what their reply will be :unsure: But fingers crossed!

Okay, I have have pieces that'll fit that - if they're interested in me enough to ask for a sample...

I'm sure you'll get an offer; no-one's ever happy with their writing when it's been sent away. We're all too much of perfectionists :h:

But good luck all the same! :biggrin:
Reply 975
Original post by Ste_2505
By acknowledgement do you mean a letter through the post confirming they have your application, cause I didn't get one :frown: (I'm doin Law too btw) and I know how you feel about the LNAT :frown:

I can't remember if i got a letter, but i got one of those prospective student portal logins?
Reply 976
I applied to read Law with Spanish and Spanish Law (longest course title ever!) at Nottingham. I sent my application on October 1st and received an acknowledgement by email on October 21st saying they operate a gathered field but I should hear from them by the end of February. I also thought my LNAT went terribly (I'm not exaggerating... I came out and cried!) but my interview at UCL would be a fair indication that it wasn't all that bad! So I guess it's not always the case that you do as badly as you think you did.

Have either of you got a portal login by the way?

Good luck! =D

Yeah I got a portal login, but it's not really telling me much at the moment :/ and I'm sure your LNAT didn't go that badly look at your grades dude, they're insane compared to mine!

good luck :smile:
Original post by HayThereMardyBum
Was your offer conditional? Well, mine's conditional.. if you get a letter from a conditional offer then I won't worry as much :colondollar:

Yep conditional offer :smile: Your one will come, don't worry
Reply 978
I gave Nottingham a tweet yesterday, complaining I'd heard nothing. The admissions people emailed me today saying they had my application and that my email address had been bouncing back acknowledgements (even though I received the one today fine ???).

Anyway, they say they will let me know by the end of February.
Reply 979
Original post by catalina18

I'm sure Nottingham do the BA and LLB. I remember when I was applying the additional information bit was to specify which of the two degree courses you wanted.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending