The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Official UCL Applicant Thread for Entry in 2011!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2380
Original post by Panda Vinnie
Oh okay well most of December doesn't count for much time, the severe weather conditions slowed things down significantly...and then they were off for holidays too.

Judging from the average time the department takes, I'd say you should expect an invitation to the compulsory open day (physics department isn't doing formal interviews this year) around about mid-late Feb.

If you do get the invite to the open day, you've got the offer. But the offer will only stand on the condition that you attend. You may well end up getting the offer on UCAS before the day of the open day :smile:

Good luck!

Ah brilliant, thanks for the information. Bit gutted about not having formal interviews, my application is weaker than most of what I read on here so I was hoping I could sway them in the interview. Oh well, everything happens for a reason I guess.
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2381
Original post by krishanchopra
hi, could you tell me your GCSEs and a level results plz and any work exp u have?

cheers.

quote me:smile:

Original post by maka9
Hey, I've applied for Law as well and haven't heard back yet. Could you please tell me when you sent your UCAS off? Congrats on your offer! :smile:

12 A*s for GCSE
4 As for As

Done some work experience at 3 law firms. Sent UCAS off on 14th of October and got my offer from UCL on the 26th November.

And thanks :smile:
I havent heard from them yet !! im soooo rejected ........ I sent mine off for law the 20th of november
Original post by moonsailorkitten
I havent heard from them yet !! im soooo rejected ........ I sent mine off for law the 20th of november

A 2 month wait for UCL isn't really that uncommon. I sent off my UCAS for Law with Hispanic Law on October 1st and didn't get invited to interview until December 23rd.

No news is good news with UCL, particularly for Law. They tend to reject those with an insufficient LNAT score within a month, so it sounds like you're clear there =D
Reply 2384
Original post by Elrobi
Just got rejected for V100 History. Bit sad that the London dream will have to wait until post-grad or until I get a job but I have a place at another great university so it's all good. Good luck to everyone else on the thread!

Can I just ask when you sent your questionnaire off?
got rejected from KCL, LSE ... so do I still have any chance at UCL?
:frown:

btw applying law as an international sweedish student with aaa+ predictions and 8.0 in IELTS overall. doing economics, religious studies, and psychology...

ucl is my last hope/.......
zanahoria
Economics (L100)
any news on ppe?
Original post by ElsRigg
xx

Original post by calleenal
xx

Fellow HoA people!!!!!! *waves* :biggrin:
Reply 2389
Original post by Dewsy
12 A*s for GCSE
4 As for As

Done some work experience at 3 law firms. Sent UCAS off on 14th of October and got my offer from UCL on the 26th November.

And thanks :smile:

Thank you for letting me know :smile: Good luck with your other apps!
Reply 2390
Original post by calleenal
Ooh cool, was that at the Slade?

Hehe, I think I applied for hoa for sort of the same reasons. I wanted something a bit arty because I did Art at AS and I really love painting and drawing and making stuff but I want to do a degree that would actually allow me to get a job. Plus I like art history. :smile:

Where else have you applied? (sorry if I've already asked you this... have you posted on the hoa thread?)

I know the wait is agonizing, but don't worry I'm sure that invite will come through!

yeah, that was at the Slade. Well, I applied for Fine Art (Ruskin,ECA,Slade,Central)- I only had one space on my UCAS so I added HOA at Edinburgh, and then transfered my application at UCL. I reaaaally wanted to apply at Courthauld but decided it was abit risky seeing as I now only have two options!
What about you? Are you taking your A levels this year or are you on a gap year?
Does ANYONE have an interview for Geography? Everyone else I know on here has an Open Day for it :frown:
Reply 2392
Rejection for Law today. Reason given was my performance in the LNAT.
Username: ButtonNose
Course: Medicine
Planned Entry: Fall 2011
Original post by Fisayo16
Rejection for Law today. Reason given was my performance in the LNAT.

sorry to hear that ! good luck with the rest of your offers! :smile:

May I ask when u sent off your UCAS ?

xx
Reply 2395
Original post by moonsailorkitten
sorry to hear that ! good luck with the rest of your offers! :smile:

May I ask when u sent off your UCAS ?

xx

Thanks. 4th of November and LNAT I think on 18th of November.
Original post by TheHoly1
GCSE's: 5A* 6A
Got 4 A's at AS level (Maths, Economics, Chemistry, Geography) and predicted A*A*A for A2 (Maths, Economics, Chemistry)

How about you?

Yo
have u heard anything yet.
I have got nothing and really want some information.
:u:
Reply 2397
Anyone heard anything for any statistics related courses?? I sent mine in just before
Oxbridge deadline and still nothing. I hate waiting
Reply 2398
hey peopleeee

Has anyone received an offer for economics business and eastern European studies within the last 2-3 weeks or so....? I applied end of october but i still havnt heard form them... does that mean im going to get rejected? should i be worried? :frown:
Original post by vanya123
hey peopleeee

Has anyone received an offer for economics business and eastern European studies within the last 2-3 weeks or so....? I applied end of october but i still havnt heard form them... does that mean im going to get rejected? should i be worried? :frown:

I know for Politics and East European Studies we will hear by Friday... so i'm guessing you will hear by then too as Social Sciences seem to be sorted out together at SSEES

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending