The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Official Warwick Applicants Thread 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by arvnozza
haha I got an offer from politics and international studies but for some bizzare reason they have me down as an overseas student! I need to get that sorted 'cos Im not paying "£12325.00" in tuition fees per year thanks!

Omg I am so jealous... I have applied for the same course and it is the only uni I've not heard from yet... getting really nervous now.
I was quite late sending my application.. last friday before we broke up for Christmas.

When did you send yours?

And can I ask you what grades they want from you?

Hannah X
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by redrosehannah
Omg I am so jealous... I have applied for the same course and it is the only uni I've not heard from yet... getting really nervous now.
I was quite late sending my application.. last friday before we broke up for Christmas.

When did you send yours?

Hannah X

Hi, does redrosehannah mean you live in Lancashire? - I'm not a crazy stalker person honest... just wondering... promise :tongue:
Original post by broadwayrachael
Hi, does redrosehannah mean you live in Lancashire? - I'm not a crazy stalker person honest... just wondering... promise :tongue:

Hi, ha no it doesn't... umm it was just a username I used to use when I was younger as red roses were my favourite flower... hotmail, ebay etc!...and well it just kind of stuck.. if I need a username to sign up for a new site I just use that one! Pretty lame I know. No I'm from Wiltshire in fact.

Have you applied to Warwick?
Hi, ha no it doesn't... umm it was just a username I used to use when I was younger as red roses were my favourite flower... hotmail, ebay etc!...and well it just kind of stuck.. if I need a username to sign up for a new site I just use that one! Pretty lame I know. No I'm from Wiltshire in fact.

Have you applied to Warwick?

Haha aww that's cute :smile: Just wondering because I live in Lancs, that's all :smile:
Yeah, for Politics and International Studies as well :tongue: popular course! Must be why they're taking so long.. Been waiting since September though, so another few weeks won't kill me {hopefully..)
Reply 1504
Original post by estaolu
applied for biomed got an offer ;D

when did you get an offer? I applied to biomed too but stilllllll waiiittiiiiinggggg :eek:
Reply 1505

When did you send yours?

Hannah X

I applied 22 October. They've asked for AABb.
Maybe the fact that they thought I was an international student is why they got back to me a bit faster??
What other Unis did you apply for and did you get offers?
Also, have you been to a Warwick open day and if so did the department look good?
I got my application acknowledgement first today but I applied 15 october. Should I be worried? ?
Reply 1507
It was my 2nd offer, applying to do Mathematics and Economics, offer is A*AA with a grade 1 in STEP.
Got 1 A* 3 As 6 Bs and 2 Cs at GCSE, and predicted A*A*AB
Original post by joeethompson
going the post-offer open day on the 9th of feb for French, anybody else going then?! :smile:

Me me me I'm going then! :biggrin:

I've got an offer for History of Art though. Is Warwick your first choice?
Original post by calleenal
Me me me I'm going then! :biggrin:

I've got an offer for History of Art though. Is Warwick your first choice?

woooo! :biggrin:
no... I've got an interview off my first choice in Paris today, for the 25th, so I'm going to Warwick to weigh it up as my possible insurance/firm if I don't get into Paris, is it yours? :smile:
Reply 1510
any politics students here applying for Warwick who have offers?
Anyone going on the 23rd for Psychology open day?
Original post by joeethompson
woooo! :biggrin:
no... I've got an interview off my first choice in Paris today, for the 25th, so I'm going to Warwick to weigh it up as my possible insurance/firm if I don't get into Paris, is it yours? :smile:

Oh wow, thats so cool, which university is that? Hope it goes/went well. Do you live in Paris or are you travelling there?

At the moment I think Warwick will be my firm, but I'm split between Warwick and UEA. Also waiting to see if I get an offer from UCL...
Original post by arvnozza
I applied 22 October. They've asked for AABb.
Maybe the fact that they thought I was an international student is why they got back to me a bit faster??
What other Unis did you apply for and did you get offers?
Also, have you been to a Warwick open day and if so did the department look good?

Yeah that may have something to do with it! I have applied for: Manchester AAB, Royal Holloway AAB, Southampton ABBb, Royal Holloway AAB and insurance Kingston CCC.

Yeah I went to the open day and thought it looked brilliant. Personally I think the Politics and IR course's for both Southampton and Warwick were on a par so because of other stuff accommodation, facilities, nightlife and location I am probably leaning towards Southampton.

But warwick is great... the course sounded fantastic and the lecturer who gave a talk was really interesting and charismatic so seems like he would be great to learn from. ...and in terms of extras...I went to see Exeter and Southampton as well.. and it probably provided the best accommodation for the lowest price (i.e the standard rooms) and the SU is so well developed (as the local areas seem to have fairly little to offer) so all the clubs and bars on site and within staggering distance! I would recommend a look around if possible!
Original post by broadwayrachael
Haha aww that's cute :smile: Just wondering because I live in Lancs, that's all :smile:
Yeah, for Politics and International Studies as well :tongue: popular course! Must be why they're taking so long.. Been waiting since September though, so another few weeks won't kill me {hopefully..)

Awesome (yeah very popular!!) where else have you applied for? and got offers for with grades etc?
Reply 1515
Original post by rmerz1
any politics students here applying for Warwick who have offers?

I have applied for joint Politics and History and I still haven't heard...my application was sent in mid-October and I have had replies from my other 4, feels like Warwick are taking forever!:frown:

Where else have you applied?:smile:
Awesome (yeah very popular!!) where else have you applied for? and got offers for with grades etc?

I applied to Cambridge (unsuccessful after interview), Birmingham (offer), St Andrews (still waiting!) and Nottingham (offer_, and obviously Warwick :smile: I've already done my A Levels, so they're both unconditional offers; I don't know what the offers would have been!
Where else have you gone for?
Reply 1517
Original post by BigPash

Original post by BigPash
I have applied for joint Politics and History and I still haven't heard...my application was sent in mid-October and I have had replies from my other 4, feels like Warwick are taking forever!:frown:

Where else have you applied?:smile:

yer i sent mine mid October as well, for the Oxbridge deadline. Applied to Durham, Bristol (who haven't replied as well) and Newcastle (who gave me an unconditional (I'm applying post A levels)) Where else have u applied?

Hopefully Warwick will get back to us soon, their politics course looks so good!
Original post by Focus08
You can withdraw your app to Warwick. But it is the best one by far out of all your choices.

Your funeral

Best one by far on what grounds? League tables? Prestige?

It is definitely not the best one of my choices for me: I want my degree to focus more international relations than politics. Warwick only lets me study political science with international relations, meaning my degrees focuses more on politics than IR. Birmingham, however, is the perfect option for me: it's IR with political science, I like the modules it offers more, I like Birmingham as place much more than Coventry, and I get the best of both worlds: a campus uni at the heart of a large city. Prestige and League tables? They mean very little. Don't let them dictate your choices or your future.

But thank you very much for letting me know about being able to withdraw my application. I didn't know that you could withdraw from one of your choices without withdrawing your whole application.
Original post by calleenal
Oh wow, thats so cool, which university is that? Hope it goes/went well. Do you live in Paris or are you travelling there?

At the moment I think Warwick will be my firm, but I'm split between Warwick and UEA. Also waiting to see if I get an offer from UCL...

ULIP - University of London Institute in Paris :smile: thanks! it's on the 25th of feb (: and no I live near liverpool, so I'm going by eurostar...

oh sounds good! when I applied I was torn between UCL and KCL, went for King's though, cause I loved the open day and the grade boundaries were lower...

Quick Reply

Latest