The Student Room Group
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website

admissions

got an offer for 360 points. i do 3 a levels and then general studies. so is this offer spread across the 4 a levels or just the 3 main ones and including general studies if i do better in that than one of my options. on ucas it just says conditions: 360 points. i called up and asked about it and one person said they included it within the 3 subjects making the offer AAA and another said they spread it across the 4 subject meaning i could get in with ACCC. someone help me? im defo not gonna get AAA.
you can't rely on it including general studies, even if it doesn't mention anything about it, i would email the admissions office or see if you can look on the website
Frenchay Campus, Bristol University of the West of England
University of the West of England, Bristol
Bristol
Visit website
Original post by Mizukii
got an offer for 360 points. i do 3 a levels and then general studies. so is this offer spread across the 4 a levels or just the 3 main ones and including general studies if i do better in that than one of my options. on ucas it just says conditions: 360 points. i called up and asked about it and one person said they included it within the 3 subjects making the offer AAA and another said they spread it across the 4 subject meaning i could get in with ACCC. someone help me? im defo not gonna get AAA.

what where your predicted grades? what where you AS grades? I have a similar problem i got predicted grades BCC and welsh bacc which is worth 12O points and im applying to accounting and finance which need 300points will i get an offer? withh overall predicted grades ABCC
Reply 3
general studies points are accepted on top of your main a levels just asked. the course is 360 points i was predicted abbc but im aiming for aabb.
Original post by Mizukii
general studies points are accepted on top of your main a levels just asked. the course is 360 points i was predicted abbc but im aiming for aabb.

Dude i just logged on to uwe welcome thing and seen that i just go an conditonal offer but they never sent me an email sayin i got an offer so not really sure but that was really quick my application got processed this morning and i got offer at 11 :O
Reply 5
Original post by arsenalfcgooner
Dude i just logged on to uwe welcome thing and seen that i just go an conditonal offer but they never sent me an email sayin i got an offer so not really sure but that was really quick my application got processed this morning and i got offer at 11 :O

nice, weldone. check your track thing on ucas, ought to be a letter with details on there.
yeaah got the email on track thanks for the help
Reply 7
UWE want to interview me for my application on to the Media Practice course and I am nervous! :frown:
Got an offer for international relations with a predicted grade of BB
the offer said minimum of 300 points from atleast 2 alevels?
I currently have a CC at alevel not sure what the offer means..
Reply 9
Original post by GBateman
UWE want to interview me for my application on to the Media Practice course and I am nervous! :frown:

Im sure you will be fine!

My friend graduated from Media Practise last year, and my flat mate is in her first year this year :smile: as are about 5 other people i know :smile:
Does anyone have an idea how flexible they are? Like i have heard from a few mates, that some people got accepted when they were a good 100 points below what they needed. PS im doing journalism, media and cultural studies.
Cheers
Reply 11
Original post by nickclarke493
Does anyone have an idea how flexible they are? Like i have heard from a few mates, that some people got accepted when they were a good 100 points below what they needed. PS im doing journalism, media and cultural studies.
Cheers

They were pretty lenient last year. I know someone who got 60 (maybe 80) points less and still got in. I think it probably depends on the demand for places on the course that year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending