Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Official Nottingham Applicants Thread 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1400
Original post by LornaSandison1
It's not funny! I'm thinking perhaps this evening. If not,they shall be getting a strongly worded email (which probably won't help my application much, but never mind!)

I got an offer from Nottingham for Law about a week ago. I only 18 on the LNAT, but I've seen you got 19 so I'm sure you'll be fine :smile:
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 1401
Original post by Unknown-User
Did you check out the accomodation by any chance on the open day?

In particular, the self-catered accomodation..

yeh, i checked out the accommodation, got two friends that go there as well, so went to visit them. I cant really fault it much, rooms decent size, everyone really chilled about everything. Good place to be.
Reply 1402
Original post by AObasa
Good news ha :smile:. I've only visited one of my five choices (I know), so must go to all open days without fail! Was it all pretty much like a day out? Anything in particular to look out for?

Not really, the main campus is pretty big, and everyone seems to be really involved in everything. The catered food is pretty blaaaaaa... as i had dinner there with friends when i came over, but its not too bad.
Notts. didn't like my personal statement :getmecoat:.
Original post by Kerry_x
I got an offer from Nottingham for Law about a week ago. I only 18 on the LNAT, but I've seen you got 19 so I'm sure you'll be fine :smile:

That's reassuring! Congrats on your offer by the way :smile:
Original post by Ultimate_Geek
Notts. didn't like my personal statement :getmecoat:.

Is that what they rejected you on?
Reply 1406
Best halls at Notts? Accomodation opens tomorrow....

I like Florence Boot...Cavendish is cool...
Original post by Booshak
Best halls at Notts? Accomodation opens tomorrow....

I like Florence Boot...Cavendish is cool...

you cant choose your hall this year
Reply 1408
Original post by Sandra1993
you cant choose your hall this year

Oh right! Why is that?do you just choose your type of room or something then?? that's annoying....
Original post by Booshak
Oh right! Why is that?do you just choose your type of room or something then?? that's annoying....

Yeah, you choose your type of room. They've changed it back to how it used to be.

EDIT: So is everyone going to get their accommodation apps in asap? I'm going to take a look as soon as apps open and try and get it in within a day or two.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1410
Original post by alexs2602
Yeah, you choose your type of room. They've changed it back to how it used to be.

Hmm, ok! Where did you read about this...? On the website?
Original post by Booshak
Hmm, ok! Where did you read about this...? On the website?

On TSR. It comes up quite often.
Original post by LornaSandison1
Is that what they rejected you on?

Yup :sadnod:. I thought it was alright - but obviously it wasn't.

'Unfortunately, although your statement showed a keen interest in Neuroscience it did not demonstrate the same depth of knowledge and enthusiasm shown by other applicants. As such we did not make you an offer.'

Ah well.
Original post by Ultimate_Geek
Yup :sadnod:. I thought it was alright - but obviously it wasn't.

'Unfortunately, although your statement showed a keen interest in Neuroscience it did not demonstrate the same depth of knowledge and enthusiasm shown by other applicants. As such we did not make you an offer.'

Ah well.

Oh dear, that seems like a bit of a cop-out to me. Sorry to hear it. :frown:
I have an offer for English with Creative Writing. :smile: Really don't know what to make of it, I didn't think my work was good enough so set my heart on Loughborough, and now this has put a spanner in the works, as grateful as I am! Must go to a visit day, I think x
Original post by Rachel_Leah
I have an offer for English with Creative Writing. :smile: Really don't know what to make of it, I didn't think my work was good enough so set my heart on Loughborough, and now this has put a spanner in the works, as grateful as I am! Must go to a visit day, I think x

Grats, you've been waiting a while for that, haven't you? Definitely go to the open day, they are awesome.
Reply 1416

Well done, it came through eventually then!
Original post by alexs2602
Grats, you've been waiting a while for that, haven't you? Definitely go to the open day, they are awesome.

Haha I know, I sent my application on the 4th of OCTOBER, they requested a writing sample and I sent that early NOVEMBER so I literally thought the English admissions tutors had died lol.

I went to the general open day in September and loved it, hence putting it down as a choice, but I had loads of trouble with asking them questions about the creative writing (i.e. I would email the address I was given over the phone, get emailed back by a postgraduate woman who talked to me about the MA which obviously doesn't apply to me, reply, get ignored, phone up and have them deny I ever emailed...MENTAL) so that kinda put me off for a bit. I think I must go to an actual visit day soon, because I really want to sort my life out haha. Is it true we can't choose all our accommodation etc?x

Oh finally! I was getting worried for you!
Haha I know, I sent my application on the 4th of OCTOBER, they requested a writing sample and I sent that early NOVEMBER so I literally thought the English admissions tutors had died lol.

I went to the general open day in September and loved it, hence putting it down as a choice, but I had loads of trouble with asking them questions about the creative writing (i.e. I would email the address I was given over the phone, get emailed back by a postgraduate woman who talked to me about the MA which obviously doesn't apply to me, reply, get ignored, phone up and have them deny I ever emailed...MENTAL) so that kinda put me off for a bit. I think I must go to an actual visit day soon, because I really want to sort my life out haha. Is it true we can't choose all our accommodation etc?x

Haha.

That makes sense but it genuinely seems to be a great place to live and study. You get to choose what type of room you get and on what campus but that doesnt change much. Last year you could choose which hall but not any more.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending