The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Reply 660
Original post by baino770
Been waiting far too long for English Lang & Lit offer or rejection now! Anyone else still waiting?

The fact that you're still waiting is actually a good sign, tons of people have already been rejected! It's likely you're on the maybe-pile and they haven't yet relooked at your app - don't lose hope! :smile:
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Original post by Elliottb
BBB offer for International Relations via the Access scheme, yessss.

That's really, really big. Well done!
Reply 662
Original post by Vekeh
The fact that you're still waiting is actually a good sign, tons of people have already been rejected! It's likely you're on the maybe-pile and they haven't yet relooked at your app - don't lose hope! :smile:

I hope that's the case, it's just that Nottingham accommodation has opened and I don't want to miss out there. Whether I firm Nots or not depends on Leeds! Hurry up!
Reply 663

Hopefully my firm's accomodation opens on 8th of march and I'm waiting on Leeds to insurrance it...but still cmon!! :tongue:
Reply 664
The current status of your application is:
Congratulations! Your place at University of Leeds (L23) to study English Language and Literature (Q300) has been confirmed.
Reply 665
Right then.

Im Scott and will be studying HND Hospitality Management as a (physicaly) mature student in sept.

Going for a studio flat in iq with the girlfriend (shes stduying Events Management), dont really know what to expect with student life but I am really looking forward to it.
Original post by Muffinz
The current status of your application is:
Congratulations! Your place at University of Leeds (L23) to study English Language and Literature (Q300) has been confirmed.

:biggrin: See you there!
Reply 667
Original post by jeffercake
:biggrin: See you there!

:woo:

I am literally so excited.

Did you get a welcome pack through the post? I really want a welcome pack of some description.
Original post by Muffinz
:woo:

I am literally so excited.

Did you get a welcome pack through the post? I really want a welcome pack of some description.

I am literally also literally excited :biggrin:

I had my own open day a while back, but I also visited another open day with a guy from my college course! :smile: Im that sad (and literally excited obv).

I haven't had anything through the post :frown: sad times. x
Reply 669
I am literally also literally excited :biggrin:

I had my own open day a while back, but I also visited another open day with a guy from my college course! :smile: Im that sad (and literally excited obv).

I haven't had anything through the post :frown: sad times. x

:frown: It's just when my UCAS last year when unconditional I got a welcome pack from the respective uni filled with lots of goodies :P Oh well.

I've also been up twice, on the general open day and the post-offer day. I love the English Department building. I love the city and the Parkinson building.

I'm considering planning what electives I'm gonna take in my first year :p: (sad) I'm thinking one Politics, one Philosophy. :biggrin:
Original post by Muffinz
:frown: It's just when my UCAS last year when unconditional I got a welcome pack from the respective uni filled with lots of goodies :P Oh well.

I've also been up twice, on the general open day and the post-offer day. I love the English Department building. I love the city and the Parkinson building.

I'm considering planning what electives I'm gonna take in my first year :p: (sad) I'm thinking one Politics, one Philosophy. :biggrin:

Oh pft! It's not sad! If it's sad then I'm sad :colondollar: I'm pretty sure I know what I'm doing in the first semester :colone: I think my elective will be the 20th Century Fiction module :biggrin: If not, then maybe another English module or even Elementary French! Too much choice!

I absolutely love the uni, it's sooo nice. The guy I went with yesterday didn't like it much and tbh I'm getting sick of him slagging it off, grr!

I definitely want a goody filled welcome pack! :eek:
Reply 671
Oh pft! It's not sad! If it's sad then I'm sad :colondollar: I'm pretty sure I know what I'm doing in the first semester :colone: I think my elective will be the 20th Century Fiction module :biggrin: If not, then maybe another English module or even Elementary French! Too much choice!

I absolutely love the uni, it's sooo nice. The guy I went with yesterday didn't like it much and tbh I'm getting sick of him slagging it off, grr!

I definitely want a goody filled welcome pack! :eek:

Haha, I should email admissions and ask when we're getting our goody-filled welcome packs!!

What's he slagging off about it? The worst I've heard is that it can get a bit crowded, but I'm perfectly fine with that :biggrin:

I might take French, but I might take it as an evening class or something extra - I did it to AS and I figure getting a nice little language proficiency certificate might be good :h:

I really want to apply for the year abroad in year 2 - I'm so putting my name down for the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign (it's low demand so I could probably get it) :h: Ahhh! So much awesome!!

You gonna join any clubs? I heard on Unionview that there's a knitting club - I would be so up for that! I hope it's real :biggrin:
Original post by Muffinz
Haha, I should email admissions and ask when we're getting our goody-filled welcome packs!!

What's he slagging off about it? The worst I've heard is that it can get a bit crowded, but I'm perfectly fine with that :biggrin:

I might take French, but I might take it as an evening class or something extra - I did it to AS and I figure getting a nice little language proficiency certificate might be good :h:

I really want to apply for the year abroad in year 2 - I'm so putting my name down for the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign (it's low demand so I could probably get it) :h: Ahhh! So much awesome!!

You gonna join any clubs? I heard on Unionview that there's a knitting club - I would be so up for that! I hope it's real :biggrin:

He just keeps saying York is better, and from what he has seen that Leeds isn't the best he could do :rolleyes: Ah shaddap!
I dunno about clubs and stuff, will have to see when I get there, because I have kids and I'll be commuting, so extra activities will have to fit in with that.

Lucky you with the year abroad! If i was going to uni as a young, single girl I'd be doing that too :biggrin:
Reply 673
He just keeps saying York is better, and from what he has seen that Leeds isn't the best he could do :rolleyes: Ah shaddap!
I dunno about clubs and stuff, will have to see when I get there, because I have kids and I'll be commuting, so extra activities will have to fit in with that.

Lucky you with the year abroad! If i was going to uni as a young, single girl I'd be doing that too :biggrin:

He'll regret saying that when he has to pop on the bus to go to Oceana in Leeds! :tongue:

I'm sure you'll fit in the commuting with lectures somehow :tongue: You could teach them to knit and bring them along to the club lol, use them as live mannequins for your works.

I'm so excited for it all :h: I wonder who else will firm it... is there a facebook group?
Reply 674
Original post by jcockerill1
That's really, really big. Well done!

It's so, so big!
Reply 675
Original post by Elliottb
It's so, so big!

THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!!

Too easy ._.
Reply 676
I'm going on to the Interdisciplinary Science foundation degree, then after that year i'm going on to do a Zoology degree. Can't wait to start in september :smile:
Original post by Muffinz
THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID!!

Too easy ._.

Well it is a very good job it's true! :wink:
Original post by Skutch
Right then.

Im Scott and will be studying HND Hospitality Management as a (physicaly) mature student in sept.

Going for a studio flat in iq with the girlfriend (shes stduying Events Management), dont really know what to expect with student life but I am really looking forward to it.

are you sure you don't mean leeds met :confused:
Reply 679
is anyone firming leeds even if they have not visited there yet?

Latest