The Student Room Group

For those going to Uni

What are your plans for the summer before eventually heading off?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Work work & more work to earn some money before I go! And hopefully will have time to horse ride in the day as I work nights. Sorry this is a thoroughly boring answer isnt it :redface:
Reply 2
Work if I still have my job, if not get in as much volunteering as I can get before I go. Also I need to improve my identification skills before I go so I'll have to practice identifying trees and plants. Also I want to be able to identify different types of butterfly so thats going to be a main thing.
I should really spend the whole summer working, and I probably will try and get in about 20 hours a week to save. I'm going to Amsterdam as soon as exams are up, spending time with our friends before we all go our separate ways, performing in the Edinburgh Fringe and generally getting excited :smile: x
Reply 4
Going to Malia and then maybe some further travelling or might just finally learn to drive and party here.
Bum about rejoicing in the fact that there are no more A-level exams to sit, work, buy a load of crap I don't need and then Leeds festival :u:.
Reply 6
Sleep.
Reply 7
Reading festival/France/Enjoying turning 18/Beach/Seeing friends/Shopping for clothes & uni things and just generally making the most it :biggrin:
Reply 8
work. carve stuff like wooden plates, bowls cups etc. try my hand at brewing real ale rather than just wines. tan the skins i have that i have been waiting to do for ages. go to turisas gig that has been postponed. redecorate my room. do lots of exercise. and hopefully meet up with my friends a lot. of and read the wall of books beside my bed.

i'm quite pleased to say that i've got so much stuff to look forward to in between school and uni i won't be impatient then. now however is another story.
Reply 9
Working! Earning as much as I can.
Getting my much needed dental surgery out of the way.
Shopping for clothes.
Cleaning out my bedroom, getting rid of all traces of college.
Maybe learn to drive.
Get a decent enough tan in the summer sun
A few road trips maybe?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 10
Not a lot really, probably just relaxing and sorting stuff out for uni. Got a family holiday in July/August. A week in Northumberland, then a week in the lake district.

My friend is going to Paris with a friend from her work. I however have financial constraints.
Reply 11
Holiday to Magaluf!

Apart from that work around 40 hours a week so I can take £1000+ with me to university as I currently have £0 saved! :biggrin:
Reply 12
Original post by Pheebs1201
Work work & more work to earn some money before I go! And hopefully will have time to horse ride in the day as I work nights. Sorry this is a thoroughly boring answer isnt it :redface:

Original post by Ultimate_Geek
Bum about rejoicing in the fact that there are no more A-level exams to sit, work, buy a load of crap I don't need and then Leeds festival :u:.

This sound pretty similar to my summer haha, going to be pretty happy about the nice break from education but there's still saving up to do
Walking and losing weight!
Going to change my hairstyle and change my wardrobe
Hopefully get a weekend job
and go out clubbing a lot!
Learning how to drive!
I need to find some cheap/exciting places that my friends/my boyfriend and I can go :frown:

Apart from that, probably going out in Newcastle a lot, roadtrips, hopefully doing some volunteering at a local Roman Museum, attending (but not hosting :tongue:) lots of house parties, hopefully getting close to passing my driving test, reading lots, going to the south of France with my family and maybe Paris for a belated birthday present...but yeah.

No doubt sleeping and watching a lot of Jeremy Kyle, too :tongue:
Reply 15
going to spain with my friends
reading all the books on the reading list
family holiday
doing my TEFL qualification
and (hopefully) i'll pass my driving test! fingers crossed hahaha
Most of summer will be spent thinking

'I really want to go to uni this year, hope I get in'

'how long till results'

'I NEED to go to uni soooo bad'

'why didn't I revise more :frown:'

Then lots of work to get money (hopefully about 20 hours a week)
holidays with friends
Generally going out
Buying stuff for uni, and then getting even more worried i wont get in.
(edited 13 years ago)
Buy a mini milk from the ice cream van ! Hopefully I'm going on a crazy train trip across Europe straight after exams, Leeds Fest, my band's going on tour and then just having a rad time with my friends :smile:.
Reply 18
Holiday! (Lisboa)
Reply 19
Well all of it until august the 18th will be spent in fear. Than depending on what that day brings the remainder will be spent in either excitement or depression.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending