The Student Room Group
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

Aston uni - getting accepted with lower than entry requirements?

Hi , I’ve applied to unis like Aston ,uni of Birmingham, uni of Leicester and uni of Nottingham . I ideally want to go to Birmingham . I’ve received a conditional offer for Aston international business and management with my grades needing to be ‘Distinction ,Distinction, B’. However if I end up getting merit merit B could they still let me in with those grades ?
Original post by severed-commenta
Hi , I’ve applied to unis like Aston ,uni of Birmingham, uni of Leicester and uni of Nottingham . I ideally want to go to Birmingham . I’ve received a conditional offer for Aston international business and management with my grades needing to be ‘Distinction ,Distinction, B’. However if I end up getting merit merit B could they still let me in with those grades ?

It's possible. It entirely depends on what grades other people achieve.

They'll want to fill the course. Once they've confirmed the place of everyone who met their offer grades, they'll take a look at how many spaces (it any) are left on the course. If there are, they'll likely confirm the place of those who missed their offer conditions by one grade.

If there are too many such applicants, they'll use some other criteria (perhaps your personal statement or your reference) to decide which of those candidates they want.

If there are too few such candidates, then they might look to candidates who missed their offer by two grades.

Alternatively, they might prefer to open the course to Clearing in the hope of finding candidates with better grades that way.
Lakeside residences
Aston University, Birmingham
Birmingham
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest