The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Official UCL Applicant Thread for Entry in 2011!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2960
Original post by Princess of Hearts
English Lit....hopefully.. still waiting. I think my nerves are about to explode. Have you sorted out your accomodation yet?

Hmm that is what I'm looking at as we speak. I really don't know if I should choose an intercollegiate hall or not. I only like two of them (College Hall and at Garden Halls the Canterbury Hall), but from the UCL halls I liked most of them. For instance: Frances Gardner House, Goldsmid House, James Lighthill House, John Dodgson House, Prankerd House.

Even though the intercollegiate halls are more expensive, they are catered so this is a great plus (especially for a person like me :P). The thing is I prefer single en suite bedroom and it might be hard to get :frown:

Have you had an interview? I think no news is good news for UCL. I was waiting for about 3+ months until they gave me an offer so relax :smile: everything is going to be fine!

P.S. If anyone has advice to offer concerning UCL accommodation, it is more than welcome!
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by smid1345
Computer Science :smile: How about you?

Really? Were you on interview on 16 march?
Reply 2962
Original post by Dark Alukard
Really? Were you on interview on 16 march?

Nope, I wasn't asked an interview
Hmm that is what I'm looking at as we speak. I really don't know if I should choose an intercollegiate hall or not. I only like two of them (College Hall and at Garden Halls the Canterbury Hall), but from the UCL halls I liked most of them. For instance: Frances Gardner House, Goldsmid House, James Lighthill House, John Dodgson House, Prankerd House.

Even though the intercollegiate halls are more expensive, they are catered so this is a great plus (especially for a person like me :P). The thing is I prefer single en suite bedroom and it might be hard to get :frown:

Have you had an interview? I think no news is good news for UCL. I was waiting for about 3+ months until they gave me an offer so relax :smile: everything is going to be fine!

P.S. If anyone has advice to offer concerning UCL accommodation, it is more than welcome!

Yep, thanks, I need to be more patient! Well for me personally all I care about is a) that its as close to UCL as can possibly be, and b) ensuite.Other than that I dont mind. If I get in I think I probably will just call up and ask.....I can be very persuasive:biggrin:. Fances Gardner is my favourite out of your list.

Oh and yes I had an interview on valentine's day...which I thought was a good sign at the time....
Original post by elainec
hey anyone here heard from economics & statistics (LG13) ? :/

Hey i applied for LG13 as well in mid Nov and havent heard any thing from them apart of acknow... have u heard anything yet? when did u applied. Do u think we are get offer form them? the waiting is driving me crazy as i dont think they Statistic dep have any more open day so how come?
Well there is hope for those still waiting: I just received an unconditional offer from UCL to study Philosophy in September! I am SO happy with this, just worried its a UCAS mistake or something!! Worth the long and gruelling wait haha!
Original post by Sean_Davey
Well there is hope for those still waiting: I just received an unconditional offer from UCL to study Philosophy in September! I am SO happy with this, just worried its a UCAS mistake or something!! Worth the long and gruelling wait haha!

OMG congrats! it seems as though they are handing out a load of offers today; couple of english applicants just got them...cannot stop checking my emails! Maybe see you next year then!:smile:
Reply 2968
Original post by Sean_Davey

SAME! Well, mine's a conditional...I'm really confused though, UCL's amazing but I've got an LSE philosophy offer too (I quite like the specific course). Might see you there though :smile:

There is a thread about UCL accommodation if you want to know more. Also , there is another thread where you can ask a current student questions. If you know this already then ignore this post. Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 2970
conditional for natsci! :P
Reply 2971
hey, so so so jealous most of you guys have heard back from UCL, ive heard nothing from natsci department since october!!! when is the latest they have to reply anyone know? im getting anxious is it likely ill be rejected cause its so late on?...ive got all my other offers but i really want UCL than IC
Reply 2972
Original post by Bian Duong
Hey i applied for LG13 as well in mid Nov and havent heard any thing from them apart of acknow... have u heard anything yet? when did u applied. Do u think we are get offer form them? the waiting is driving me crazy as i dont think they Statistic dep have any more open day so how come?

heyy! i just got my offer today :smile: i sent in my application in september though.
hope you will get it soon!
Original post by elainec
heyy! i just got my offer today :smile: i sent in my application in september though.

OMG congrats! What for? Did you get it just now?
Reply 2974
Original post by elainec

oh!!congrats!:smile:
but im so sad as i hvnt heard anything from them today.
I may WELL be rejected again!:mad:

Do u mind telling me what your predicted grades are?:colondollar:
Original post by Fates
oh!!congrats!:smile:
but im so sad as i hvnt heard anything from them today.
I may WELL be rejected again!:mad:

Do u mind telling me what your predicted grades are?:colondollar:

Im still waiting too! I honestly dont know how much more I can wait!!!:confused:
Reply 2976
Original post by Princess of Hearts
Im still waiting too! I honestly dont know how much more I can wait!!!:confused:

do you know how many places there are for Econ&Stat,I think the places are fewer than60-70
so sad(but i cant stop thinking of this)
Original post by Fates
do you know how many places there are for Econ&Stat,I think the places are fewer than60-70
so sad(but i cant stop thinking of this)

Not sure, im applying for English (65 places) but I read somewhere that its 62 for Home applicants and 8 for internationals for econ and stats. Dont worry though, youve made it this far :wink:
Not to worry guys just a little over a week left till you should get a decision from them. If you don't get one by 31st then be sure to contact your department's admissions tutor.
Reply 2979
Only just stumbled across this thread, I firmed to do a Msci in Medical Physics about 2 months ago. Bring on September and fingers crossed I get Astor as my accommodation!
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending