The Student Room Group

If I don't get into my firm choice on results day, could I change my insurance?

Just being a worrier, think I may have made the wrong insurance choice. Does anyone know whether it would be possible, if I fail to get into my firm choice on results day to change my insurance choice? Or go into clearing, although I'm not sure how that works
Thanks, any help would be great :smile:
You can't change insurance, but can use Clearing. However, you'd need to get released from your current insurance and this can take time, causing some significant delay.
You can change your insurance a number of days after you've made your choice...when did you make your decision?
Reply 3
Original post by TheSownRose
You can't change insurance, but can use Clearing. However, you'd need to get released from your current insurance and this can take time, causing some significant delay.

This. I did this the first time I applied through UCAS, and Kent (my insurance) took a day to release me, which meant I nearly lost the chance of getting a last minute place through clearing because I didn't have my clearing number. Kent also tried to persuade me to stay and asked why I wanted to withdraw several times until they realised I wasn't going to give in, but I think my experience was an unusual one.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending