The Student Room Group

Can i change firm / insurance choices after choosing?

I am not 100% about my firm n insurance choices, can i change it after choosing it?
Is there a time limit?
Reply 1
You have a 14-day cooling off period - you can change them over on UCAS Hub yourself, but be certain this is really what you want to do.

After that, you have to first contact UCAS, and then contact the two Unis - they will usually agree to this, but remember that they dont have to.

Btw, you cannot change them over on Results Day - because by the time UCAS Hub reopens on Results Day, if you have been accepted by your Firm choice, your Insurance will have been automatically cancelled, and you can't then get it back.

Just remember that you have until June to make this choice - and there is no rush to make an early choice.
Reply 2
Original post by McGinger
You have a 14-day cooling off period - you can change them over on UCAS Hub yourself, but be certain this is really what you want to do.

After that, you have to first contact UCAS, and then contact the two Unis - they will usually agree to this, but remember that they dont have to.

Btw, you cannot change them over on Results Day - because by the time UCAS Hub reopens on Results Day, if you have been accepted by your Firm choice, your Insurance will have been automatically cancelled, and you can't then get it back.

Just remember that you have until June to make this choice - and there is no rush to make an early choice.

So if i change my mind after the cooling off period but before the results day
I can contact UCAS and both unis n get the order changed from firm to insurance and from insurance to firm?
Original post by StudentDreams
So if i change my mind after the cooling off period but before the results day
I can contact UCAS and both unis n get the order changed from firm to insurance and from insurance to firm?

After the 14 days and before 21 July yes
You ring UCAS first. Most universities will have given UCAS blanket agreement to all reply swaps. UCAS will let you know if any of your universities haven’t given blanket agreement and then you also need to contact those universities too. Once your universities have confirmed their agreement then UCAS will make the change.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending