The Student Room Group

Does it still allow you to go thru clearing if u accept your firm and insurance HELP!

Hey guys just a quick question,
Once I have selected my firm and insurance option, and I still want to go through clearing on the day it will allow me to do that right. Because right now I am selecting my firm and insurance and at the very bottom it says ' Decline all offers ' and below that it says you can secure a place through clearing and extras, so does this mean that I have to decline my offers to be able to go though clearing ?
Reply 1
yes it does. I wouldn't decline unless you definitely know you want to do a different course, that it is in clearing and you have checked with the Uni that you would get offered a place.
Reply 2
Original post by totallyfine
yes it does. I wouldn't decline unless you definitely know you want to do a different course, that it is in clearing and you have checked with the Uni that you would get offered a place.

Okay that makes sense thanks a lot ! Also if i ring up the unis and ask them if a course will be available in the clearing are they able to tell you, because I thought that normally that information only becomes available on result day ?
Reply 3
No Clearing opens earlier than that (once all deadlines have passed and Unis can see which courses still aren't filled) but obviously most people do wait until results day, when they know what grades they have.

https://www.ucas.com/events/2023-entry-clearing-opens-413116
Reply 4
And you can use UCAS extra any time now if you want to. That does the same thing as clearing really, but a lot earlier.

if you really definetly want to change and have thought it through, it is better to do it now and avoid the rush in August. You would have to decline all the offers you hold to do this though so you have to be certain.

https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/after-you-apply/types-offer/extra-choices
(edited 10 months ago)
Original post by minmin10
Once I have selected my firm and insurance option, and I still want to go through clearing on the day it will allow me to do that right. Because right now I am selecting my firm and insurance and at the very bottom it says ' Decline all offers ' and below that it says you can secure a place through clearing and extras, so does this mean that I have to decline my offers to be able to go though clearing ?

If on results day you have a place at either your firm or insurance choice, a 'Decline my place' button will appear to release yourself into clearing if you don't want to take up that place.

Clearing is for people without a place usually if they miss their insurance and firm offer or they change their mind about where they want to go.
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 7
Original post by totallyfine
No Clearing opens earlier than that (once all deadlines have passed and Unis can see which courses still aren't filled) but obviously most people do wait until results day, when they know what grades they have.

https://www.ucas.com/events/2023-entry-clearing-opens-413116

hello thanks for the information really helped. Also just one more thing , my deadline is in july for ucas, so just wanted to ask can I see the clearing option without rejecting the offers, or do I need to reject the uni offers to be able to see what they have in clearing ?

As above, you will be able to decline your unconditional offer on results day to self release into clearing.

Note this is generally not reversible, so only do so if you are certain you don't want to go to the uni you hold and offer for.

hello thanks for the information really helped. Also just one more thing , my deadline is in july for ucas, so just wanted to ask can I see the clearing option without rejecting the offers, or do I need to reject the uni offers to be able to see what they have in clearing ?

You can see what is in clearing at any time after clearing opens by searching on UCAS - there is an option to show courses in clearing this yaer. However most courses get added on results day, and the most up to date showing of what courses are available on results day will usually be the university's own website. Popular courses get filled very quickly.
(edited 10 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending