The Student Room Group

UCAS Firm and Insurance

What would happen if I decided that I didn't want to go to my insurance choice, but I met the offer for my insurance and didn't for my firm? Would I have to go to my insurance university or could I reject my offer even though I have met it?
Original post by studypurposes
What would happen if I decided that I didn't want to go to my insurance choice, but I met the offer for my insurance and didn't for my firm? Would I have to go to my insurance university or could I reject my offer even though I have met it?

You could reject it and go through clearing, otherwise you'd have to wait to reapply.

If you know now that you don’t want to go to your insurance then ring UCAS and swap your replies.

there’s no point being linked to a university that you don’t want to go to
Reply 3
You cannot swap your F&I on Results Day.

Unis will already have made their decisions about your results several days before Results Day, and if your Firm accepts you then your Insurance will already have been cancelled and you cannot get it back.

What happens on Results Day - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/results/a-level/guide-to-a-level-results-day
Reply 4
Original post by emilyalexandria
You could reject it and go through clearing, otherwise you'd have to wait to reapply.

So i would still be able to reject my insurance offer, even if I meet the insurance offer but don't for my firm, correct?
So i would still be able to reject my insurance offer, even if I meet the insurance offer but don't for my firm, correct?

Yeah, there's nothing forcing you to go to that university.

You can use the "Decline my place" feature on UCAS Hub if your insurance becomes your firm choice (because you firm reject you) AND your insurance choice is made unconditional.

Waiting for all this to get sorted can take a few hours or even a few days if your firm choice are slow to reject you.

If you don't want to go to your insurance then change your replies by ringing UCAS NOW - don't wait until results day.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending