The Student Room Group

UCAS Firm and Insurance Choice

Just take this as an example, for uni A, it requires AAB. For uni B, it requires ABB.
If I firm uni A and I get AAB in my Alevel, can I reject my firm choice and get into uni B? Or I must enter uni A after getting AAB in Alevel?
Also, if I get AAB, can I reject both my firm and insurance choice and get into clearing?
Sorry for my poor English. Thank you.
Reply 1
Original post by Tmntmn
Just take this as an example, for uni A, it requires AAB. For uni B, it requires ABB.
If I firm uni A and I get AAB in my Alevel, can I reject my firm choice and get into uni B? Or I must enter uni A after getting AAB in Alevel?
Also, if I get AAB, can I reject both my firm and insurance choice and get into clearing?
Sorry for my poor English. Thank you.

Hi if you get into uni A you most certainly can go to your insurance as you have your grades and you can also just go through clearing. but be aware that accommodation may be worse if uni B doesnt know youre going until results day!
Reply 2
Original post by KingNurple
Hi if you get into uni A you most certainly can go to your insurance as you have your grades and you can also just go through clearing. but be aware that accommodation may be worse if uni B doesnt know youre going until results day!

Sorry, do you mean that I can reject my firm choice even if I meet the offer and get into insurance choice or clearing?
I am now struggling what i should firm😢
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Tmntmn
Sorry, do you mean that I can reject my firm choice even if I meet the offer and get into insurance choice or clearing?

Firm the higher offer because its easier to get into insurance even if you get the results for your firms - no use in firming the lower offer and insuring the higher one
Original post by Tmntmn

You can reject your place on results day but your insurance wont be there as it goes once your firm accepts you. You would then have to apply via clearing. Your firm is where you want to go to. Your insurance is a back up in case your firm rejects you based on results. You cannot just decide to change your mind on results day other than using clearing.
Reply 5
Original post by KingNurple
if you get into uni A you most certainly can go to your insurance as you have your grades

If you are accepted by your Firm choice - regardless of your results - your Insurance choice is automatically cancelled, and you cannot get it back.

This all happens when UCAS goes dark in the days leading up to Results Day - this is so that Unis can process your results without you seeing their decisions before UCAS reopens on Results Day morning. You cannot at that stage decide that you preferred your Insurance choice over your Firm choice - its far too late.

Read 'What Happens on Results Day' - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/results/a-level/guide-to-a-level-results-day

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending