The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

Official Warwick Applicants Thread 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by salocincon

does anyone know when the have to reply at the latest? could it be that the just lost my files or something? cause i applied in early october!

thanks a lot

sal

There's a LOT of people still waiting... They're just notoriously late.
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by Crazydavy
Most likely firming Warwick soon. Either that or Exeter and I'm edging towards Warwick!

I suppose it depends on what you are studying and what you are looking for in a University. However, on the grounds of the quality of the University as a whole. it should be Warwick all the way really

Good luck!
Reply 2222
Original post by andy_mcnally6
Yeah - good idea. So you firming? Well I live just over the Mersey from Liverpool so also very much used to the city but looking forward to a bit of a change. I am going the open day on 4th May. Also - in terms of accommodation, I've heard about Arthur Vick being great and that's where i stayed last year and thought that it was really nice!
Where's your insurance?

Yeah, firmed it already and insurance = Exeter. Unfortunately my London universities didn't come through but its okay :smile: I've been living in Bangkok, Thailand most of my life and going from a city of 6 million to a small town should be interesting but London's what 2 hours away? I was thinking of picking either Arthur Vick or Jack Martin since I have friends there who love it :smile: What about you?
Original post by Martik
Anyone else got in for straight MChem? and I'm thinking of firming it against York, Right decision?

hey...

I applied for chemistry W management(not straight chemistry!!).York has very good reputation for biology/biological sciences but for chemistry it has to be warwick..! So its the right decision!! :biggrin:
Firmed warwick :smile:
Reply 2225
Just got an offer for Politics (L200)! SO HAPPY ^__^
Original post by rhea45
Yeah, firmed it already and insurance = Exeter. Unfortunately my London universities didn't come through but its okay :smile: I've been living in Bangkok, Thailand most of my life and going from a city of 6 million to a small town should be interesting but London's what 2 hours away? I was thinking of picking either Arthur Vick or Jack Martin since I have friends there who love it :smile: What about you?

I had an offer for Exeter but as they offered me the same grades as Wawick, I felt it foolish to accept as my insurance and therefore Cardiff is. Same, I got rejected from UCL and KCL but glad about it now as I do much prefer Warwick and a lot of money can be saved. I'm hoping Arthur Vick. Not even 2 hours - depending on what train etc, could prob be there in about an hour and then there is Birmingham which is very close and Manchester and Liverpool not too far away so a good central location really. Living in Bangkok sounds fun. When do u leave?
I had an offer for Exeter but as they offered me the same grades as Wawick, I felt it foolish to accept as my insurance and therefore Cardiff is. Same, I got rejected from UCL and KCL but glad about it now as I do much prefer Warwick and a lot of money can be saved. I'm hoping Arthur Vick. Not even 2 hours - depending on what train etc, could prob be there in about an hour and then there is Birmingham which is very close and Manchester and Liverpool not too far away so a good central location really. Living in Bangkok sounds fun. When do u leave?

Are you guys thinking about accommodation already? Yikes....I better get started myself. (although all I need is en-suite, single room and I'll be happy)

Anyone going to any departmental open days?
:angry:
Original post by 24craigour
Are you guys thinking about accommodation already? Yikes....I better get started myself. (although all I need is en-suite, single room and I'll be happy)

Yeah but I don't know how to choose between the 4/5 I've narrowed it down to :frown:

The guide at the start of the Warwick Accommodation Thread will be of use to you :smile:
Original post by sazwich
Just got an offer for Politics (L200)! SO HAPPY ^__^

Wow :smile: well done!! I'm super jealous
:tongue:

Yeah - the application opens early April which is a bit ambiguous really but yeah - definitely en-suite.

I am going to the European Law open day on 4th May. You?
Original post by cadaeibfeceh
:angry:

Yeah but I don't know how to choose between the 4/5 I've narrowed it down to :frown:

I'm really not that fussed myself. I doubt there'll be any accommodation that is really bad compared to others.
Original post by TheTallOne
The guide at the start of the Warwick Accommodation Thread will be of use to you :smile:

Thanks! :smile: I'll go check it out now.
Yeah - the application opens early April which is a bit ambiguous really but yeah - definitely en-suite.

I am going to the European Law open day on 4th May. You?

Still deciding whether to go to Economics departmental open day at April 27th
Let's hope Warwick reply to us today it's the 31st >:frown: xxx
Original post by abbi.blythe
Let's hope Warwick reply to us today it's the 31st >:frown: xxx

Are they supposed to have replied by today? I thought the deadline for hearing back was May?

Ahhhhh still waiting for Politics and International Studies :frown:
Original post by redrosehannah
Are they supposed to have replied by today? I thought the deadline for hearing back was May?

Ahhhhh still waiting for Politics and International Studies :frown:

Well I called them up a couple of weeks ago and they said they would reply to me by March 31st :smile: Probably won't happen though x
Are there any L100-ers still waiting?
Reply 2237
if you make warwick your insurance, do you have to apply for accommodation?
Reply 2238
love4arsenal
i am waiting! do you know whether its only us left with no answer or are they that silent with everyone else?
Reply 2239
Original post by love4arsenal
Are there any L100-ers still waiting?

up

Quick Reply

Latest