The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

HC2 form

Where would I be able to get the HC2 form from ? my chemist has no clue what i'm on about.
Reply 1
Original post by ma'92
Where would I be able to get the HC2 form from ? my chemist has no clue what i'm on about.

Yes I can see where the confusion is arising from. What you actually need to ask for is a HC1 form, filling in one of these and sending it off will get you a HC2 Certificate which will entitle you to free prescriptions, eye tests, dental care, etc.

You can pick up HC1 forms from a Job Centre Plus office, any hospital (just ask at reception), some GP surgeries, some but not all opticians and chemists, or alternatively by phoning up the Health Cost advice line on 0845 850 1166 and requesting that they post you an HC1 form to fill in.

Hope this clears up your problems :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2
You can also order an HC1 form to be sent to you from here, but it can take a while to arrive.
Reply 3
thanks a lot guys for the help, much appreciated. :smile:
You could also print it out from here
Reply 5
Original post by superwolf
You can also order an HC1 form to be sent to you from here, but it can take a while to arrive.

:facepalm:

I sent mine off in September and it's yet to arrive.

I seriously forgot about this. My brother had the same problem. OP, be prepared to call them to make them get a move on with processing it for you.
Reply 6
Original post by maturestudy
You could also print it out from here

are you allowed to print this form off to send, or do these type of forms have some form of special identification (barcode) needed to recognise them.
Reply 7
Original post by ma'92

Original post by ma'92

are you allowed to print this form off to send, or do these type of forms have some form of special identification (barcode) needed to recognise them.

It's just a form that places that have them have in piles and hand out to people who ask. It's nothing personalised or special - it can't be. As long as you write legibly they have all they need to identify it.
Reply 8
They are usually quite quick, I have never had much problem ordering the form online and getting the actual HC2 cert. If yours is taking a while to arrive, making sure you get a specail receipt when you go cash your prescriptions, can't remember what the receipt is called, but it's not the normal receipt you get from the cashier, you can only get the form stamped from the chemist when you get your prescription. I think you can claim your money back for up to 3 month.
Hiya
I am doing a appentaship , can be entitled to hc2 certificate .I am at one day collage and 18 years old
Original post by fire2burn
Yes I can see where the confusion is arising from. What you actually need to ask for is a HC1 form, filling in one of these and sending it off :will: might get you a HC2 Certificate which will entitle you to free prescriptions, eye tests, dental care, etc.

You can pick up HC1 forms from a Job Centre Plus office, any hospital (just ask at reception), some GP surgeries, some but not all opticians and chemists, or alternatively by phoning up the Health Cost advice line on 0845 850 1166 and requesting that they post you an HC1 form to fill in.

Hope this clears up your problems :smile:

Filling in the HC1 form doesn't automatically entitle you to a HC2 certificate, nor does being a student or apprentice... the form is to assess your situation as to whether you might be entitled to help with health costs, this can come in a HC2 certificate, which entitles you to free prescriptions, free dental care and optical vouchers, or a HC3 certificate which entitles you to help with dental and optical care.

You might be entitled to nothing.
Original post by amardev singh
Hiya
I am doing a appentaship , can be entitled to hc2 certificate .I am at one day collage and 18 years old

depends on your income