The Student Room Group

12 year old boy with higher IQ than Einstein develops his own theory of relativity

Scroll to see replies

Let's hope that he can avoid the many pitfalls that stop most child prodigies from reaching their potential. If he doesn't make it in academia then life is going to be really tough for him.
Oh dear
Original post by AshleyT
Yes, basic knowledge of AS...

Then why comment he's 'missing out on kids stuff' when it's unlikely he'd enjoy kids stuff anyway? Clearly he's enjoying what he does a lot more.

I don't have basic knowledge, I actually have a lot more experience than half the people on here.

Besides which, I should be entitled to feel sad about it if I want to. I didn't say he shouldn't be allowed, and I didn't mock him. There's nothing wrong with me feeling bad for him and I refuse to feel guilty for sympathising. :angry:
I would love to argue this to the hilt but, given that my only knowledge about relativity comes from a book called "How to teach Quantum Physics to your dog," I feel ill-qualified to do so.

Good on him though!
Reply 244
Original post by BlueJoker
I don't have basic knowledge, I actually have a lot more experience than half the people on here.

Besides which, I should be entitled to feel sad about it if I want to. I didn't say he shouldn't be allowed, and I didn't mock him. There's nothing wrong with me feeling bad for him and I refuse to feel guilty for sympathising. :angry:

Er, I didn't mean you have basic knowledge, i meant the comment was standard knowledge :smile:.

Aye, i can see why you feel sad about it...But so many people with AS just don't enjoy these 'normal' ideas of childhoods. It suits him so much better so i don't see why you'd feel happier for him instead?

Although i suppose it's upsetting those with AS in general don't enjoy 'normal' childhoods =)
I bet he has some kind of nervous breakdown before the age of 20.
Reply 246
As an Aspergers sufferer myself I can say that we are geniuses.
Original post by Martyn*
As an Aspergers sufferer myself I can say that we are geniuses.

i agree :biggrin:
Yeh, but i'm 32 and been to the 'University of Life'.
Original post by channy
...sheldon?

The physicist prodigal son returns!
I feel like a retard now....:frown:
Original post by morecambebay
It's better than being popular but an actual retard.

So, so true. :top2:
Good for him! It's nice to see that some children actually have some ambition.
Plus rep if you thought that this kid was going to be either Chinese, Korean or Indian before you clicked lol.
Original post by ABCI23
Has no one else questioned why he's writing on the window? Or am I abnormal?

Windows are actually excellent substitutes for white boards - all you need is a whiteboard pen. You don't need to buy a whiteboard, or find space to nail it to a wall, or have it free standing in a room.

Unfortunately the windows in my room at home are too small to write on, but at uni I've got one mahoosive window which is ideal.
Reply 255
Original post by HighestKungFu
Plus rep if you thought that this kid was going to be either Chinese, Korean or Indian before you clicked lol.

Most kids with some form of autism and are geniuses seem to be white (well at least the ones I've heard of)
Original post by Manitude
Windows are actually excellent substitutes for white boards - all you need is a whiteboard pen. You don't need to buy a whiteboard, or find space to nail it to a wall, or have it free standing in a room.

Unfortunately the windows in my room at home are too small to write on, but at uni I've got one mahoosive window which is ideal.

How easy does it wash off? Do you use alcohol or anything?
Original post by ABCI23
How easy does it wash off? Do you use alcohol or anything?

Just with my hand, or a shirt from the wash basket if I don't fancy getting my hand dirty.

You need to make sure you get a dry wipe whiteboard marker though - permanent marker does exactly what it says on the pen!
wow,he really is an amazing kid.But does that mean he still cant get a paying job at such a young age even with those qualifications or will he?

EDIT:Ah,he is set to become a paid astrophysics teacher.
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending