The Student Room Group

Skirts and tights

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ABCgirl123
OMG Yes someone after my own heart!!!!! Cant beat skirts and tights I hate trousers and havent worn them for literally two years or so. An yes, those suspender-tights are awesome, actually started wearing a pair to school. Still think that real suspenders are better tho :smile:

Trousers are my work staple sadly but I love to wear skirts and dresses when I feel like making an effort.

Can't beat the real thing but I feel self conscious when wearing them as they slip and move etc...so the tights let me forget all about them. :wink:
Reply 21
OMG Yes someone after my own heart!!!!! Cant beat skirts and tights I hate trousers and havent worn them for literally two years or so. An yes, those suspender-tights are awesome, actually started wearing a pair to school. Still think that real suspenders are better tho :smile:

Agreed! If you want the look of suspenders then go for the real thing - with suspender tights you've still got all the disadvantages of tights...
Original post by balface
My boyfriend dislikes patterned/coloured tights because he says they make my legs look weird and diseased!?
I wear them anyway.

In summer, I don't bother wearing tights. Unless you sit like a man, you should be fine reagrding the modesty issue so either deal with it, or wear longer skirts in summer.

Your dog is the sweetest thing I think I have ever seen!

OP I love tights and skirts. Some ridiculously patterned tights can only be worn if with a really plain outfit, like a black bodycon skirt/loose top, but subtle tights are lovely. I also wear some tiny shorts under skirts as I feel self-conscious too! They're tight-fitting and cotton so you don't feel bulky or anything.
Reply 23
Im wearing a skirt with skin coloured tights today and its been fine, dont feel too revealed or anything :smile:
I don't really wear tights that much. I like the look of some of the patterned ones I've seen though. Might get some if I ever feel like a change from bare legs.
Depends how they are patterned and what colour. Light colours look better :smile:
Original post by Vanny17

Original post by Vanny17
I always wear tights even during the summer. I would never go out without tights!

me too! I wear tights all the time, no matter how hot it is :ahee:
If I'm wearing a short(ish) skirt and don't want to wear tights for whatever reason what I've always done is dig out my old school PE knickers and wear those underneath.
Legs don't get too hot and modesty is preserved. Job done.
Original post by paula1287
Agreed! If you want the look of suspenders then go for the real thing - with suspender tights you've still got all the disadvantages of tights...

Only thing is wearing them to school its a bit difficult sometimes to keep them under the skirt, know what i mean :wink: and schools are funny about them, think there 'unsuitable' or 'dangerous' :confused:
I wear skirts with tights or leggings in the summer, and then wear shorts or 3/4 length trousers in the summer. I walk about a fair bit so I find shorts comfier anyway
I'd say just get used to bare legs. Once you've done it, you'll be much more comfortable than in trousers or tights and you'll save a fortune on hosiery. Plus I'll bet your BF prefers it...
Reply 31
Only thing is wearing them to school its a bit difficult sometimes to keep them under the skirt, know what i mean :wink: and schools are funny about them, think there 'unsuitable' or 'dangerous' :confused:

It's only difficult keeping them under the skirt if it's too short - with a decent length skirt it's no problem at all, and no-one else would know what you're wearing!
Original post by paula1287
It's only difficult keeping them under the skirt if it's too short - with a decent length skirt it's no problem at all, and no-one else would know what you're wearing!

Would you say upper-thigh level skirt is too short for suspenders then? It sometimes means the top of them are showing :frown: btw I wear a bodycon skirt, quite difficult to keep everything under that :wink:
(edited 12 years ago)
Lookbook.nu is a great source for giving you ideas:

http://lookbook.nu/look/1527203-Skirts-and-Tights :love:

:love: Can you pull this look off?
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by hollywoodbudgie
Lookbook.nu is a great source for giving you ideas:

http://lookbook.nu/look/1527203-Skirts-and-Tights :love:

:love: Can you pull this look off?

That look would be so much sexier with a bodycon Imo :wink:

Having said that used to wear one like that for school, nothing wrong with it at all :smile:
Original post by Lexi99
So i want to start wearing more skirts in the summer cos all i ever wear are jeans and shorts.

Im fine wearing them on a night out but for some reason im not comfortable wearing the ones ive just bought for everyday wear (come to about an inch above the knee).

I feel like i cant relax cos im always worried about keeping myself covered up in case anyone can see up it, so i always have to think about how im sitting etc

Anyway i thought about buying some tights (cos all i have for going out are stockings) either plain ones or patterned to help me feel more covered with being so.

What do you guys think about patterned tights, so they look good or ridiculous? Also what about when it gets to summer and really really hot, and too hot for tights? Aaahh!

well get a longer skirt, the natural colour tights are so sexy because it makes ladies legs look flawless and tanned. get a longer dress like a real woman you will look so pretty and start learning how to cross your legs well and not revealing!

common sense really 'luv'!
Don't wear tights in the summer, you'll look silly! For some of my shorter dress/if it's windy I wear a little pair of gym shorts underneath to save my dignity :P
Reply 37
I have been wearing my skirt out and about with skin coloured tights and felt fine so when it gets really hot i reckon i'll be fine without them.

Btw i already know how to dress like a 'real woman' and how to cross my legs, "luv"
Reply 38
Would you say upper-thigh level skirt is too short for suspenders then? It sometimes means the top of them are showing :frown: btw I wear a bodycon skirt, quite difficult to keep everything under that :wink:

YES! They just about stay covered when I'm upright, but sit down and everything shows - I've only tried it indoors, wouldn't dare go out like that! :smile: Mid-thigh is the very upper limit of what I'd wear for going out with stockings on, and preferably a bit longer.
Reply 39
It depends on different skirts.

Quick Reply

Latest