The Student Room Group

'Snickers Pie' heaveness

Hey, in case you didn't know what this earthly piece of heaven is....

So the

Ingredients

1 packet puff pastry
140g/5oz mascarpone
110g/4oz soft cheese
50g/2oz caster sugar
3 eggs
5 Snickers bars, chopped into thin slices
milk, to glaze

Method

1. Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6.
2. Roll the block of pastry to 3-4mm thick, and lay over a 20cm/8in fluted tart tin. The four corners of the pastry should hang over the edge.
3. Beat the mascarpone, soft cheese and sugar together in a large bowl, until smooth.
4. Beat in eggs, one at a time.
5. Add the Snickers slices and fold in.
6. Pour into a lined tart tin, and spread to the edges. Pull the corners of the pastry over the top of the dish, and brush with milk.
7. Place in the oven for 10 minutes, then lower to 180C/350F/Gas 4 for a further 25 minutes. Turn the heat back up to 200C/400F/Gas 6 and cook for a further 20 minutes until the pie is a golden colour.
8. Allow to cool before serving. (no chance :P)

Problem

1,250 calories per serving - it is meant to serve 12 adults...
So 15,000 in the whole thing?!

Has anyone made this before?

What did it taste like?

Did you use the recipe as above?

Would you really serve this between 12 and not just 2 people? :colondollar:

I want to make it for the boyfriend - he would love me :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Boss pie.
haha just saw you mention this on the the thrad about the person who wants to cut ties off from their family
yummm, looks delicious
planning on making macaroons later today
might just make this instead
Reply 3
Well the pic looks AMAZING but it doesn't seem to match up with the recipe. The pie in the picture looks like it uses a biscuit base and not puff pastry. Also the pie in the pic seems to be made in layers whilst the recipe mixes the ingredients together. Not entirely sure how the recipe would actually turn out. I think I may now hunt for the recipe that matches the picture...
Reply 4
Original post by jess.
Well the pic looks AMAZING but it doesn't seem to match up with the recipe. The pie in the picture looks like it uses a biscuit base and not puff pastry. Also the pie in the pic seems to be made in layers whilst the recipe mixes the ingredients together. Not entirely sure how the recipe would actually turn out. I think I may now hunt for the recipe that matches the picture...

That's what I thought, it was the only picture I could find of a snickers pie though. The recipe was on BBC, it is Antony Worrall Thompson's recipe but there is no picture on the same page. The picture on my post is google images! Let me know if you find a matching picture :biggrin:!
Definitely needs a thick biscuit base.
Reply 6
Original post by Little_missy01
haha just saw you mention this on the the thrad about the person who wants to cut ties off from their family
yummm, looks delicious
planning on making macaroons later today
might just make this instead

Hahaaha! So weird that my boyfriend is on TSR! Oooo, I have never tried a macaroon I am planning to do some baking now it's easter though :cool:
Reply 7
Found the recipe that matches the pic!
http://cookiebible.tumblr.com/post/46204248/snickers-pie-adapted-from-mimi-silberts-recipe

I think your recipe is for this pie
http://londonist.com/2006/02/londonist_cooks.php

Both look pretty tasty to be fair.
Reply 8
This one defo looks like biscuit base

Reply 9
Original post by jess.
Found the recipe that matches the pic!
http://cookiebible.tumblr.com/post/46204248/snickers-pie-adapted-from-mimi-silberts-recipe

I think your recipe is for this pie
http://londonist.com/2006/02/londonist_cooks.php

Both look pretty tasty to be fair.

Omg! HAHAHAHA The difference between

and

is ridiculous.

Definitely making the latter.

Would have been so gutted to make the first but have expected the second!!
Original post by secret_geek
Hahaaha! So weird that my boyfriend is on TSR! Oooo, I have never tried a macaroon I am planning to do some baking now it's easter though :cool:

haha aww
what if he had a problem regarding the relationship and u read it haha (not that you would have problems)
well, im not too keen on macaroons, but my mate give me a box of something delicious from harrods, and they look like macaroons
they also look like whoopies (those are really in at the mo)
an i just had freshy baked cupcakes
yum yum
Reply 11
It's times like this when I feel sad there are no ovens in apartments in Beijing :frown:

I guess I'll have to wait 4 months to try this bad boy out!
Reply 12
Omg! HAHAHAHA The difference between

and

is ridiculous.

Definitely making the latter.

Would have been so gutted to make the first but have expected the second!!

Yeah that would have sucked big time. Let me know how it turns out, send a piece to China? :rolleyes:
Original post by jess.
Yeah that would have sucked big time. Let me know how it turns out, send a piece to China? :rolleyes:

I'm afraid I'll be eating it all...
Reply 14
Original post by Little_missy01
haha aww
what if he had a problem regarding the relationship and u read it haha (not that you would have problems)
well, im not too keen on macaroons, but my mate give me a box of something delicious from harrods, and they look like macaroons
they also look like whoopies (those are really in at the mo)
an i just had freshy baked cupcakes
yum yum

Haha, no we do have plenty of problems trust me :colondollar: but who doesn't ey! I think if either of us wrote as anon, we would straight away know haha!

Mmmmm harrods food hall is immense anything would taste incredible. Macroons are supposed to be amazing but I have never seen them to buy anywhere! This conversation is hilarious at 3am, did you just have cupcakes at 3am! Haha, mmmm cuppycaaaaaaaaaaakes! I haven't had one in ages. Now I want a sponge cupcake with icingggggg, wahh
Reply 15
Original post by jess.
It's times like this when I feel sad there are no ovens in apartments in Beijing :frown:

I guess I'll have to wait 4 months to try this bad boy out!

No OVENS?! How the hell do you cook/eat?! Yeah well I will let you know how it tasted at the weekend and maybe upload a picture :P

Original post by Keith Lemon
I'm afraid I'll be eating it all...

Ha, I know you will fatboy. xxxx
Haha, no we do have plenty of problems trust me :colondollar: but who doesn't ey! I think if either of us wrote as anon, we would straight away know haha!

Mmmmm harrods food hall is immense anything would taste incredible. Macroons are supposed to be amazing but I have never seen them to buy anywhere! This conversation is hilarious at 3am, did you just have cupcakes at 3am! Haha, mmmm cuppycaaaaaaaaaaakes! I haven't had one in ages. Now I want a sponge cupcake with icingggggg, wahh

haha true, itll just sound familiar
well you can buy coconut macaroons from the supermarket, but theyre nothing brilliant, so maybe they werent macaroons, or they are but just tasted amazing because they were from harrods? haha. I saw some at somerfields when i was buying some ingredients.
yep :smile: i get random cravings.
ah! now i want a sponge cupcake wit icing!
mine are just plain
Reply 17
No OVENS?! How the hell do you cook/eat?! Yeah well I will let you know how it tasted at the weekend and maybe upload a picture :P

Well I have a hob, a microwave, a kettle and a rice cooker. I cook stuff like pasta and rice and whatever sauces to go with it like bolognese, curry, chili etc. Also eating out can be really cheap here and there are some amazing Korean restaurants in the area where I live. If i'm feeling lazy or don't want to go out I'll make instant noodles (such a big range here) or boil up some frozen jiaozi (chinese dumplings). I'm going to miss the jiaozi but not as much as I have missed baked potatoes, or roast potatoes for that matter, or roast dinners in general!
:sogood: i think i just jizzed!

might make this one over easter. nom! :cookie: x
Original post by shy-girl666
:sogood: i think i just jizzed!

might make this one over easter. nom! :cookie: x

thank you for volounteering to make me one :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest