The Student Room Group

I am so lonely

I am not doing well at uni, my father is cheating on my mum, I am in a relationship but my bf doesn't really love me, I have very few friends and I am sat here thinking what is the point? :frown:
Reply 1
have u talked to your close mates about this?
Edit: Ninja'd by chrislpp -.-'

So you have very few friends.

Doesn't matter, however, if they're very good friends.

Imho i would rather have a few friends who i could absolutely depend upon than lots of friends who were rather more the *i know them ok* type.
But what's your friend situation?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
I am not doing well at uni, my father is cheating on my mum, I am in a relationship but my bf doesn't really love me, I have very few friends and I am sat here thinking what is the point? :frown:

The hope of being better. That's the point. Your life sucks, badly. Everything is draining you, making you better. That's why you need hope.

You need a dream for the future. Goals to reach, something you want to achieve. You have your motivation here. Your crappy life. If you see your crappy life as something you have to overcome, rather than something that's inevitable, life will be better.

Or you could just, go on for a few more years, take some pills to feel better. Lots of people do. Or hope something outside will change you.
Reply 4
Original post by Nepene
The hope of being better. That's the point. Your life sucks, badly. Everything is draining you, making you better. That's why you need hope.

You need a dream for the future. Goals to reach, something you want to achieve. You have your motivation here. Your crappy life. If you see your crappy life as something you have to overcome, rather than something that's inevitable, life will be better.

Or you could just, go on for a few more years, take some pills to feel better. Lots of people do. Or hope something outside will change you.

I can't see into the future, all I can feel is pain inside at my current situation. Of course I have dreams and ambitions, I want to travel, to meet new people, to find true love, to start a family, to live life to the full. But I am saturated with pain and anger at things that are going on which all feel out of my control. I have exams which I cannot concentrate on because of everything else which is going on.
Reply 5
Original post by laura_ek
have u talked to your close mates about this?

Only my boyfriend. He tries to help but he is not a good listener and is consumed with his own problems. I don't have many friends because I have had to retake at uni and they have all graduated now.
Reply 6
Original post by IlexBlue
My post was deleted? Seriously?

I was trying to make her laugh. You know, cheer her up.

Way to be a buzzkill, TSR Mods.

Sorry, but it didn't, I feel far too low atm. Thanks for trying though.
Reply 7
I can't see into the future, all I can feel is pain inside at my current situation. Of course I have dreams and ambitions, I want to travel, to meet new people, to find true love, to start a family, to live life to the full. But I am saturated with pain and anger at things that are going on which all feel out of my control. I have exams which I cannot concentrate on because of everything else which is going on.

I know. It sucks. That sort of feeling can drag you down. And then you feel bad about feeling bad because you have stuff to do.

That's why you have to focus on the dream. Use the pain to help you go to that dream.

I have my own dreams. To go around europe with a woman, travelling to new places, eating weird foods, embarassing myself when I eat something too spicey. Laugh with my girlfriend as I tease her about her crappy german skills. End up on the eiffel tower, right at the top and above the world, propose. And I know every step I have to take to get there, to be financially secure enough to go, to make the girl like me enough.

You need to take control. You can do that with your dream.

Edit. There are a load of steps you can take to improve yourself. Take a wilderness course or something physical for self confidence. Join clubs for more friends. Practise your flirting game to make yourself more attractive. If you do improve yourself the exams will be a lot easier.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 8
Sorry, but it didn't, I feel far too low atm. Thanks for trying though.

Ah well, nevermind. Hope things pick up for you. :frown:
Whats happening with your parents are outside of your control, there is really nothing you can do. In terms of your studies you really need to look into the future and understand that this will ultimately help you in the long run; with your boyfriend I really say just leave him, knowing that he doesnt love you is just draining more of the little self confidence that you have, you have to break the cycle; you DESERVE to be happy, you dont have to end up like your parents. Gaining self confidence is crucial to you gaining friends, that will really only come naturally once you've grounded yourself, I know you dont want to hear this but right now in your life you need to sort yourself out and then friends will naturally gravitate towards you.
GOOD LUCK, it will all turn out fine if you have faith that it will
Reply 10
Only my boyfriend. He tries to help but he is not a good listener and is consumed with his own problems. I don't have many friends because I have had to retake at uni and they have all graduated now.

When do you graduate? Also things will get better, you gotta try and find a way of having a positive look on things. Maybe get some anger out first, have a shout, have a scream, punch an old lady, what ever it takes to get rid of some of the negative thoughts.... ok maybe not the last one but if you don't find something to look forward to then its going to be impossible to revise :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by lol_modeste77
Whats happening with your parents are outside of your control, there is really nothing you can do. In terms of your studies you really need to look into the future and understand that this will ultimately help you in the long run; with your boyfriend I really say just leave him, knowing that he doesnt love you is just draining more of the little self confidence that you have, you have to break the cycle; you DESERVE to be happy, you dont have to end up like your parents. Gaining self confidence is crucial to you gaining friends, that will really only come naturally once you've grounded yourself, I know you dont want to hear this but right now in your life you need to sort yourself out and then friends will naturally gravitate towards you.
GOOD LUCK, it will all turn out fine if you have faith that it will

Thank you. I hate what my dad has done, my mum doesn't know and I feel stuck in the middle. I am relieved you have said it is outside my control, that's how it feels. As for my bf, I cling on to him because he is all I have but as you say I have been feeling more and more unconfident as a result. Your message really touched me, thanks a lot.
Reply 12
Doing things really is the best way to build confidence. If you have a concrete memory of taking a course, or completing something physical you can forever treasure it and remember it in hard times. It's worth the money.

If you do up your game, then your boyfriend may up his.
Reply 13
I know where you might be able to find some people.

Slam down the laptop screen.

Look out window.

Just beyond that tree, nearly 7 billion people await you.
Thank you. I hate what my dad has done, my mum doesn't know and I feel stuck in the middle. I am relieved you have said it is outside my control, that's how it feels. As for my bf, I cling on to him because he is all I have but as you say I have been feeling more and more unconfident as a result. Your message really touched me, thanks a lot.

Feel free to message me anytime you need to talk, I can be a good friend :smile:
Original post by chrislpp
I know where you might be able to find some people.

Slam down the laptop screen.

Look out window.

Just beyond that tree, nearly 7 billion people await you.

Very true. We're waiting OP :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by lol_modeste77
Feel free to message me anytime you need to talk, I can be a good friend :smile:

aww bless you thank you xx
Reply 17
As said above, what's going on with your parents is out of your control.

Forget all this looking into the future malarky, live today to the fullest!

I'm not going to say anything about your boyfriend as I don't know him to jusge him.

Feel free to PM me i'm a good listener and i'll be your mate, you're not alone matey!! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending