The Student Room Group

Chapter 8 of C2. Ridiculous.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Mr M
Firstly, we don't have exam boards in this country.

Secondly, they didn't choose the content that is included in the common core or how it should be assessed.

Thirdly, the point of asking you not to use a calculator is to give you an opportunity to develop your understanding.

AQA?, OCR?, Edexcel?
Reply 61
Original post by wavey93
AQA?, OCR?, Edexcel?

They're awarding bodies. Not sure what the difference is but something to with control and self-determination. :holmes:

http://www.ofqual.gov.uk/help-and-support/94-articles/264-getting-copies-of-exam-certificates
Original post by ElMoro
They're awarding bodies. Not sure what the difference is but something to with control and self-determination. :holmes:

http://www.ofqual.gov.uk/help-and-support/94-articles/264-getting-copies-of-exam-certificates

Well I found that amusing anyway (I'm probably the only one).
Original post by ArsLongaVitaBrevis
I'm just waiting until the first year to be honest - any module must be preferable to the FSMQ. I know what you mean about the 'noobs' though, there are plenty of those in my additional maths class.

This used to be fun. Now, it is a chore. :/
Reply 64
Also to OP in terms of trig stuff it's important in C4 to know basic values of cos and sin and tan in degrees and radians for some chapter which I have forgotten...which is worrying given that I'm doing C4 relatively soon...
Reply 65
Original post by floralia
Also to OP in terms of trig stuff it's important in C4 to know basic values of cos and sin and tan in degrees and radians for some chapter which I have forgotten...which is worrying given that I'm doing C4 relatively soon...

I found it much easier to remember the triangles rather than the specific values.
I.E. rt2, 1, 1 is a 45 degree triangle, 2, 1, rt3 is a 30/60 degree triangle
Reply 66
Original post by Maths_Lover
:tongue:

woah that came across a bit big headed, im not a mathematical god hehe, if anything im one them annoying people that always asks questions :smile:
Original post by Jampolo
woah that came across a bit big headed, im not a mathematical god hehe, if anything im one them annoying people that always asks questions :smile:

No worries. Asking questions is good though. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest