The Student Room Group

My yr 12 gyg :D

Hi people!! I saw someone else's gyg and i decided that I want to do one now!!
so to start off:
-The subjects I'm doing are: Physics, Math and Chemistry.
-my current grades are Physics-B Math-C Chemistry-C
The grades I'm aiming for by April are: A A A/A*AA

And I say this because my school is doing mock exams for ucas soon, and they said the grades we get in the exam will be our predicted grades! So that adds a little but of anxiety lol.

As for universities, I'm hoping to apply to: Glasgow, Warwick, Cambridge, Manchester, ICL

My Goals;
Raising my grades to AAA/A*AA
Gain more confidence in class
Consistent study

Feel free to give me any advice:excited:

Day 1(late update). 17/2/24Today I did 2 hours of physics as I feel like I didn't have a firm grasp on the quantum physics topic. I did some questions from the cgp book and I did some question papers!!After this I moved onto math, I did vectors as this is something I struggle with and on top of this, I have a math test this week. I've gone from the beginning of the chapter and I've worked my way through. I've almost finished all questions in the chapter. I should move on to differentiation though, I have a test on that too haha.

Day 2(late update). 18/2/24
I spent a lot of time to do some math revision, I've almost finished the differentiation chapter.

I completed some chemistry exam questions and an exam paper but that was h/w

Day 3
Today has been a very un focused day ☹️ I've completed my sheet for practical work and revised some terms for math as we have a quiz on mechanics terms tomorrow... But I will get back on track
69 days left until Mock exams!! I NEED TO STEP ON ITTTT

Day 4
plan
morning; use flash cards for math terms quiz
chem energetics pmt 50 mins
physics quantum physics pmt 50 mins
math vectors chapter finish 50 mins
I've completed my tasks for today but I feel like its still not up to the standard I'd like!
Day 5 plan
Morning- flash cards chemistry
8-8:30 chemistry exam questions
13:15-14:15 physics motion exam questions
evening math test revision

Im currently at
A for math
B for physics
C for chemistry
I GOT 2 MORE WEEKS
(edited 1 week ago)
Original post by flower girl
so to start off:

And I say this because my school is doing mock exams for ucas soon, and they said the grades we get in the exam will be our predicted grades! So that adds a little but of anxiety lol.

As for universities, I'm hoping to apply to: Glasgow, Warwick, Cambridge, Manchester, ICL

My Goals;
Consistent study

welcome to GYG, great to have you on board!! Can't wait to see your hard work and progress! 🙂 💕
here's some people who I think will enjoy following your journey:
@emm4nuella
@kayleigh_t.27
@flowersinmyhair
@Jieay20
@study23!
@AspiringSurvivor
@Tatakae L
Reply 2
so to start off:

My Goals;
Consistent study

Hello there 👋 was wondering what degree you’re hoping to study with those choices?

Also welcome to gyg 😊
Reply 3
so to start off:

My Goals;
Consistent study

hiya babe, I'll love to go along with your journey and watch you smash those predicted grades through the roofffff. thanks @erin11 for tagging me too, you know me so well <3
Reply 4
Original post by study23!
Hello there 👋 was wondering what degree you’re hoping to study with those choices?

Also welcome to gyg 😊

I've been trying to decide between medicinal chemistry or perhaps natural sciences!
Reply 5
Original post by Tatakae L
hiya babe, I'll love to go along with your journey and watch you smash those predicted grades through the roofffff. thanks @erin11 for tagging me too, you know me so well <3

thank youu!! :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by erin11
welcome to GYG, great to have you on board!! Can't wait to see your hard work and progress! 🙂 💕
@emm4nuella
@kayleigh_t.27
@flowersinmyhair
@Jieay20
@study23!
@AspiringSurvivor
@Tatakae L

thank you sm!! :biggrin:
We have similar usernames 😲
Reply 8
Original post by flowersinmyhair

I thought the exact same thing lol. Honest I thought it was your gyg first and I was like "doesnt she already have one" but then I saw it was a new gyg.
Original post by Tatakae L
I thought the exact same thing lol. Honest I thought it was your gyg first and I was like "doesnt she already have one" but then I saw it was a new gyg.

I'm also in yr13 lol
I'm also in yr13 lol

it was too much for my mind, I went into solid overdrive and had to re read everything lol.
Reply 11

haha such a coincidence!!
Reply 12
I've been trying to decide between medicinal chemistry or perhaps natural sciences!

Ooooh nice! I want to do medicine, but natural sciences is my next choice (probably a biochem route).
Reply 13
Original post by study23!
Ooooh nice! I want to do medicine, but natural sciences is my next choice (probably a biochem route).

That's super cool! Good luck
Reply 14
hi welcome!!
Reply 15
What are you thinking of doing at uni?
Reply 16
Original post by Sakai04
What are you thinking of doing at uni?

perhaps medicinal chemistry or natural sciences, I'm not entirely set on anything yet though!!
Original post by erin11
@emm4nuella
@kayleigh_t.27
@flowersinmyhair
@Jieay20
@study23!
@AspiringSurvivor
@Tatakae L

hello :smile: welcome to grow your grades ❤️
perhaps medicinal chemistry or natural sciences, I'm not entirely set on anything yet though!!

Ooo medicinal chemistry is such an interesting route, i hope whichever you, you enjoy it.
Also welcome to the gyg forum!
Reply 19
so to start off:

My Goals;
Consistent study

Day 1(late update). 17/2/24Today I did 2 hours of physics as I feel like I didn't have a firm grasp on the quantum physics topic. I did some questions from the cgp book and I did some question papers!!After this I moved onto math, I did vectors as this is something I struggle with and on top of this, I have a math test this week. I've gone from the beginning of the chapter and I've worked my way through. I've almost finished all questions in the chapter. I should move on to differentiation though, I have a test on that too haha.

Day 2(late update). 18/2/24
I spent a lot of time to do some math revision, I've almost finished the differentiation chapter.

I completed some chemistry exam questions and an exam paper but that was h/w

Day 3
Today has been a very un focused day ☹️ I've completed my sheet for practical work and revised some terms for math as we have a quiz on mechanics terms tomorrow... But I will get back on track
69 days left until Mock exams!! I NEED TO STEP ON ITTTT

Day 4
plan
morning; use flash cards for math terms quiz
chem energetics pmt 50 mins
physics quantum physics pmt 50 mins
math vectors chapter finish 50 mins

welcomeee to gyg 🤍 looking forward to following along your journey <3

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending