The Student Room Group

Best lip balm you've ever tried?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40

this one :smile:
Reply 41
I love Burt's Bees pomegranate lipbalm. It smells goooood, and it's the only one which really moisturises my lips.

http://www.boots.com/en/Burts-Bees-Replenishing-Lip-Balm-with-Pomegranate-Oil_1143628/
Reply 42
Burt's Bees - love it :smile:
Lush lip bams are quite good - think one's called Lip Lime and is really good :smile: Bit expensive at about £3 odd though, but lasts forever
Reply 44
Carmex!! Carmexxxxx
I was in House of Fraser looking at ridiculously priced beauty products, and the lady working there let me try this from Creme De La Mer. It's like £30 or something, though, so that was probably the first and last time I'll ever try it. :frown: But yes, it was great- smelt kinda sweet but minty and made my lips look lovely and full and smooth!

Other than that, I like strawberry chap stick! Reminds me of being a kid :biggrin:

Original post by amizzle91
I use plain ol' Vaseline at night before I go to bed, and aloe vera Vaseline during the day :smile:

Thisss
Reply 47
the body shop ones are amazing but they don't usually last me long because i tend to lick them off my lips because they're yummy!
i don't usually suffer from chapped lips but if i do, blistex works wonders.
I use this everyday and night and whenever my lips feel dry which is always lol. Its like vaseline but works better and stays on longer.

If my lips are really really dry then I use this. It works amazingly but I'm not too keen on the smell; it's kinda herbally which I don't really like.

I'm yet to find an excellent lip balm :frown: I have really dry lips! At the moment i'm using the blistex lip massager which is very good I have to say.. but I really want to try the Jack Black Intense therapy Lip Balm, it has amazing reviews :smile:
Reply 51
Cocoa butter vaseline wins hands down! :smile:
Reply 52
Love Vaseline Rosy Lips (the red one), because my lips are naturally a bit pale and need a bit of spicing up... also, all the other 'tint' lipbalms tend to be too pink and frosty.

They do it in a stick as well as a pot now, which is exciting because I'm not a big fan of touching my face/mouth unless I've just washed my hands!
Original post by Lintu93
Ooh and I forgot to mention these in my earlier post!

That's right - fanta/coke/sprite flavoured lip balms! :eek:

I have the fanta one (used to have the sprite one but I lost it) and I have to say, I am pleasantly surprised! It goes on very smoothy, makes my lips soft and it tastes yummy!

:h:

I have the coca cola one, i like it too :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by imomo16
Palmer's Cocoa Butter is the only one I've used that actually seemed to help heal my lips instead of just provide temporary relief. Nivea "Repair and Protect" is pretty good as well.

i used that! i think i'm allergic coz everytime i put it on it made my lips itch like hell!

i'm not joking but Tesco's original lip balm is the best one for effect!
I've use chapstick, wilkinsons, palmer's, nivea, boots, blistex and just about 5 million other types (bad exaggeration, i know!) and blistex is good for intensely chapped lips but Tesco's one is great for averagish, only chapped in certain conditions lips!

I also got a free lip balm from a hotel but I have no idea who made it because it was those souvenir type things so that sucks a bit coz it was the only one as good as, maybe better than Tesco's one!

For flavour, i have to say either strawberry Chapstick or Wilkinson's Strawberry, Grapefruit and Watermelon flavours! Amazing! Though they don't last long!
Reply 55
Carmex.

Oh my days that stuff is unreal. I've been using it every day for the past 4 years now.
Original post by LostInLaw
Neutrogena - Norwegian Formula

I swear by every product in the range!

I LOVE Norwegian Formula, it's amazing!

If not this then Whipstick from Lush... can be a bit hard to get out of the tin seeing as it's pretty rock solid at first, but if you let it melt a bit it's SO softening!
Original post by Vixen47
i used that! i think i'm allergic coz everytime i put it on it made my lips itch like hell!

i'm not joking but Tesco's original lip balm is the best one for effect!
I've use chapstick, wilkinsons, palmer's, nivea, boots, blistex and just about 5 million other types (bad exaggeration, i know!) and blistex is good for intensely chapped lips but Tesco's one is great for averagish, only chapped in certain conditions lips!

I also got a free lip balm from a hotel but I have no idea who made it because it was those souvenir type things so that sucks a bit coz it was the only one as good as, maybe better than Tesco's one!

For flavour, i have to say either strawberry Chapstick or Wilkinson's Strawberry, Grapefruit and Watermelon flavours! Amazing! Though they don't last long!

Is this a problem with the Palmers lip balm? I had a big allergic reaction to that, after getting the itchy lip thing :frown:
AMAZING for dry lips! It's my miracle.

http://www.theorganicbodycareshop.com/product-details.asp?SID=12&PID=551&Brand=Lavera&Product=Lip_Balm-Care-Repair_with_Vitamins

They also have lots of other flavours and some tinted.
I love lip balms and I think different ones are better for different purposes. In the winter, palmers balm is very good for dry lips. Then I love the new cocoa vaseline too. But most days I'll wear a cherry or strawberry flavoured one, they taste gorge!

Quick Reply

Latest