The Student Room Group

Revision.

Hi Guys!
I have a problem it's like 1 month until my exams start and i've been revising but nothings going in.
I've wrote my notes out like 5 times but i can't remember any of it.
Any tips or different techniques?

- Sophie
Reply 1
you'll be suprised what you actually can remember when yu sit in the exam hall so dont worry just do as much as you can and then you can at least say you did everything you could :biggrin:
Reply 2
OMG, when will people ever learn to use the SEARCH TOOL?
there are a million other threads with the exact same name, with the exact same information!

ooh looky here, here, here, here, and HERE! Oh what a 2 second search can find you...BE MORE INDEPENDENT.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by malteaserrx3
Hi Guys!
I have a problem it's like 1 month until my exams start and i've been revising but nothings going in.
I've wrote my notes out like 5 times but i can't remember any of it.
Any tips or different techniques?

- Sophie

erm...try recording urself saying the notes then listen to them?

try putting a mirror in front of u and teach urself the notes?

find a million past papers/questions do them all?

condense ur notes into mindmaps?

just try different stuff- a month is lots of time to learn all ur notes dont worry :smile: good luck

Neg rep for this? Seriously? EFF U N UR MOMMA TOO!!! >:frown:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by azn-wonder91
erm...try recording urself saying the notes then listen to them?

try putting a mirror in front of u and teach urself the notes?

find a million past papers/questions do them all?

condense ur notes into mindmaps?

just try different stuff- a month is lots of time to learn all ur notes dont worry :smile: good luck

do you think if you record your notes and listen to them in your sleep it will help?

what do you mean by 'putting a mirror infront and teach yourself the notes'?
past questions and practice papers, you have to DO something with the information for it to actually go in
do you think if you record your notes and listen to them in your sleep it will help?

what do you mean by 'putting a mirror infront and teach yourself the notes'?

No problem :smile:

Erm lol naaahhh you can try it but I doubt it would help because you're not consciously taking it in :P

Basically I used to sit in front of my mirror and pretend i was a teacher and used to teach myself my notes pretending i was giving a lesson...i used to explain everything and everytime i got stuck i would research a bit more...it used to help me concentrate for aggges and also in my exams i used to hear my own voice reading out the notes lol try it!
Reply 7

Basically I used to sit in front of my mirror and pretend i was a teacher and used to teach myself my notes pretending i was giving a lesson...i used to explain everything and everytime i got stuck i would research a bit more...it used to help me concentrate for aggges and also in my exams i used to hear my own voice reading out the notes lol try it!

Wow! I would never have thought about doing that! I hope it helps me :biggrin: Im totally panicing about my exams :L
Another question, do you think if i type out my notes it will help? I tend to be on the computer alot.
Wow! I would never have thought about doing that! I hope it helps me :biggrin: Im totally panicing about my exams :L
Another question, do you think if i type out my notes it will help? I tend to be on the computer alot.

Haha yeah you should tell your family what you're doing before you start though otherwise they might think you're going crazy :wink: don't panic..just print off the specifications/syllabuses from your exam board's website and use it as a check list to make sure you've covered everything...and make sure your notes cover everything. then all you can do is practise.
ermm...well depends reli..are you current notes easy to read?
Reply 9
are you current notes easy to read?

huh? Ok now i really do seem stupid :s-smilie:
huh? Ok now i really do seem stupid :s-smilie:

lol :P you know your notes that you've hand written..are they messy? is ur hand writing easy to read? if it's fine then typing it out would be a waste but if they're messy and hard to read then make nice, colourful notes and print them off and reading them will be easier. Print on yellow paper aswell-it's meant to help you remember better.
Reply 11
Hmmm well my notes are pretty neat .... ANOTHER QUESTION :P should i write everything out and then highlight or highlight as i go along?
Hmmm well my notes are pretty neat .... ANOTHER QUESTION :P should i write everything out and then highlight or highlight as i go along?

Ermmm....write it all and then highlight when you read because then you'll only highlight the most important words e.g. words that you NEED to know the definition of etc.

Quick Reply

Latest