The Student Room Group

I've been prescribed valium...what should I expect?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Anonymous
Oh okay, oh i was going to go in and ask for an appointment today! till I relaised that it was half 6 and they would probably be shut...
I was prescribed something (betablockers? ) a few months ago but that was at a walk in doctors, so i don't know if my GP will know about it. Anyways they did nothing for me, so I'm slighlty sceptical as to whether I'm expecting too much, or for there to be some "magical cure" lol
Can you let me know how it goes/how you feel? :smile:

Im about to take one...in the next 15 or 20 minutes...I will definatly re-post here and tel you what it's like (do remember it's my first time). :smile:

If I get REALLY zonked, I will probably post about it tomorrow, but if im capable of typing when im on them (have no idea what to expect) then i will post about it tonight! :smile:

I hope it makes me HAPPY though! :wink:
Original post by freakingout!
Im about to take one...in the next 15 or 20 minutes...I will definatly re-post here and tel you what it's like (do remember it's my first time). :smile:

If I get REALLY zonked, I will probably post about it tomorrow, but if im capable of typing when im on them (have no idea what to expect) then i will post about it tonight! :smile:

I hope it makes me HAPPY though! :wink:

Thanks! I hope it goes well :smile:
If you don't mind me asking, when/how do you get your anxiety? Is it certain situations? Like are you fine at home? Or is it when you're put in crowded quiet areas etc that kinda thing?
Thanks! I hope it goes well :smile:
If you don't mind me asking, when/how do you get your anxiety? Is it certain situations? Like are you fine at home? Or is it when you're put in crowded quiet areas etc that kinda thing?

I get it when mixing with people I don't know. I also get it when in crowds of people I don't know, so I used to remedy this by getting ridiculously drunk whilst out, but I can't/won't drink any more, and I HATE being stoned outside of my "comfort zone" because it just seems to make it worse.

I know you didn't ask me, but **** it, I thought I'd throw in my experiences as well :tongue:
Original post by Drunk Punx
I get it when mixing with people I don't know. I also get it when in crowds of people I don't know, so I used to remedy this by getting ridiculously drunk whilst out, but I can't/won't drink any more, and I HATE being stoned outside of my "comfort zone" because it just seems to make it worse.

I know you didn't ask me, but **** it, I thought I'd throw in my experiences as well :tongue:

Nah thanks for sharing :smile: For me I have no issues with meeting new people, crowds, gigs,clubs etc. It's just when I'm in a dead silent palce like an exam, or lecture, or train (lol) with other people there, i HATE it, even though there is no logical reason for me to do so.. :/
I guess I should just talk this through with the GP but I feel so silly talking about it :s
Nah thanks for sharing :smile: For me I have no issues with meeting new people, crowds, gigs,clubs etc. It's just when I'm in a dead silent palce like an exam, or lecture, or train (lol) with other people there, i HATE it, even though there is no logical reason for me to do so.. :/
I guess I should just talk this through with the GP but I feel so silly talking about it :s

I should probably talk to someone about my social anxiety and paranoia issues, but laziness combined with total apathy regarding talking to anyone about that stuff has always put me off :teehee:

Gigs I'm usually fine at, but I can't really do pubs or clubs any more, which kinda sucks for my mates who want to go out drinking with me. Silence I can deal with, but sometimes I'd rather be without my thoughts... they can be incredibly haunting and disturbing sometimes. I swear there's something wrong with me :h:
I should probably talk to someone about my social anxiety and paranoia issues, but laziness combined with total apathy regarding talking to anyone about that stuff has always put me off :teehee:

Gigs I'm usually fine at, but I can't really do pubs or clubs any more, which kinda sucks for my mates who want to go out drinking with me. Silence I can deal with, but sometimes I'd rather be without my thoughts... they can be incredibly haunting and disturbing sometimes. I swear there's something wrong with me :h:

Yeah, I think that when it gets to the point where it's affecting your every day life, you have to do something about it...
So basically tommorrow morning, ring up and book to see your GP :wink: Imagine being able to go out, and feeling happy and having fun! :tongue: I should really take my advice and do the same thing tommorrow myself haha!
How long have you realised this had been happening? With me I just though it would go away, as I've never had anything like it before, but (since october) it hasn't and i'm fed up of feeling like there's nothing I can do...
I hope you do manage to sort it out :smile:
Reply 26
Right i just took one, wish me luck guys!

(I sound like such a wimp lol) Im sure there are experianced valium users thinking im making this into a big deal! haha
Why is this?

Will it make me suicidal!?

Please don't joke around (if you are) as it will freak me out even more.

I'm just after genuine advice. (if you are telling the truth about jumping. please explain furhter though dude). :redface:

Just joking, it'll be fine.

(Strap yourself down before hand :P and whack on some dnb and dubstep :P)
Hi :smile:

If you've been given it to take longer term, you probably won't be on a high enough dose to give you any feelings where you can tell the difference majorly. You'll probably have to pay attention to your own feelings to be able to tell the difference it's having, but you'll certainly find that you're a lot calmer :smile:
Reply 29
Original post by siwelmail
Just joking, it'll be fine.

(Strap yourself down before hand :P and whack on some dnb and dubstep :P)

lol that last line actually made me lol, reminds me of my mdma days...haha

thanks for your help dude!

i've taken it, just waiting to see what happens now!

and now we play...the waiting game...:tongue:
Reply 30

TBH I think that kind of thig is pretty common in people who listen to DSBM. It's almost a pre-requisite for it :p:

How come you don't drink anymore?

(Completely off topic I know)
Lucky person. God, I hate doctors.
Reply 32
Not to scare you but there was a case of someone taking valium, getting violent and then killing someone. He was able to rely on the defence of automatism, however.
Reply 33
Original post by beepbeeprichie
Lucky person. God, I hate doctors.

I don't feel lucky, but let's see...your getting me quite excited about it though!haha
It doesn't make me feel anything in particular. Just, drowsy. It gets rid of that horrible 'knots in stomach' feeling that I'd normally get when I don't take it.

It's not like getting high or anything, in my experience.
Original post by Jingers
Not to scare you but there was a case of someone taking valium, getting violent and then killing someone. He was able to rely on the defence of automatism, however.

He was? He must have been prescribed them.
Reply 36
Original post by beepbeeprichie
He was? He must have been prescribed them.

who I can feel it right now! and I feel mega floaty!

Its really nice if im honest!

and no more knots in my stomach!

This is AMAZING!

and music is dope on this!!!

can defo see how people get addicted to valium now...whoa! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

This is AMAZING!

can defo see how people get addicted to valium now...whoa! :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

You've made me depressed now. Stupid state monopoly on drugs.

This is AMAZING!

:rofl:

hahaha. :five:
Reply 39
Whenever I have taken diazepam (for specific anxiety about travelling/flying) I have found that it doesn't have that noticeable an impact on me. I am calmer, and my anxiety is less, but apart from the first time I took it I've never felt 'drugged', really. However if you're taking it at regularly, the effects might be a bit different. But no it's not scary, and I am a total wimp about stuff like this (don't take drugs, don't drink much) :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest