The Student Room Group

Who would win in a fight between the Borg and the Terminator?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Hylean
You forgot Beverly Crusher. Soooooo hot.

But yes, Picard is the ultimate captain/commander/badass in Star Fleet. Even Sisko had to go and copy him.

Sisko was like the not-so-tough version of Picard. Although he could raise his game when needed.

What about Wesley? :tongue:
Reply 41
Original post by Mask Of Sanity
Sisko was like the not-so-tough version of Picard. Although he could raise his game when needed.

What about Wesley? :tongue:

Wesley is the one stain on the show, but I still liked him.

Original post by paddy__power
Sisko is cool man.

Never said he wasn't. He still wishes he was Picard. Picard would be running Starfleet if he didn't want to play captain and actually kick ass all day long.
Enterprise was pretty good. Some good characters. Voyager is definitely my favourite though by a considerable margin.

I have this year watched all of so many series. In the last week and a half I have watched 8 series of one tree hill :lol:

Have you watched much of the original series?

Mass watching One Tree Hill! :five: It took me the month of December though. A week and a half is... What on earth?!
Original post by TheSownRose
One of the personalities Seven becomes in "Infinite Regress" is a Voth drone.

But they were largely unaware of the Borg, so won't have developed technology to fight them.

I don't know what that is, and as I said - having a few Voth means little except that they are capable of assimilating them if they get close enough.

The Voth don't need specific weapons to deal with the borg, they have their own weapons. They can hide from and outrun the borg if they want, and sense them coming from many LYs away. Generally speaking online where I have looked people favour the Voth over the Borg but it is speculative. For all we know the voth could have thousands of city ships and battle ships and have weapons that would own the borg (beyond the little we've seen).

For me it is a comfortable decision giving it to the voth, although I admit it - to a certain degree - rests on assumptions.
Original post by Hylean

Never said he wasn't. He still wishes he was Picard. Picard would be running Starfleet if he didn't want to play captain and actually kick ass all day long.

Wesley sucked. I liked the one where the random guy came on board, fecked with the computer, made the ship awesome and then ****ed off somewhere.

Have you watched much of the original series?

Mass watching One Tree Hill! :five: It took me the month of December though. A week and a half is... What on earth?!

No, not much at all. The films I've seen.

Haha I'm cool like that.
Original post by Hylean

He was odd, but that was probably his role.
Reply 46
I don't know what that is, and as I said - having a few Voth means little except that they are capable of assimilating them if they get close enough.

The Voth don't need specific weapons to deal with the borg, they have their own weapons. They can hide from and outrun the borg if they want, and sense them coming from many LYs away. Generally speaking online where I have looked people favour the Voth over the Borg but it is speculative. For all we know the voth could have thousands of city ships and battle ships and have weapons that would own the borg (beyond the little we've seen).

For me it is a comfortable decision giving it to the voth, although I admit it - to a certain degree - rests on assumptions.

Yeah, but using what we do know... :wink:

I concede the Voth stand a very good chance of being able to avoid the Borg, but still believe the Borg would win in a battle.
No, not much at all. The films I've seen.

Haha I'm cool like that.

Probably the series I've seen the least of. Although films, yes. What did you think of the latest Star Trek film? :tongue:
Yeah, but using what we do know... :wink:

I concede the Voth stand a very good chance of being able to avoid the Borg, but still believe the Borg would win in a battle.

One borg cube would lose to the Voth, even a few would. The issue is, as I've stated here, that we don't know the extent of the voths numbers but do know that the borg number is incredibly high. From what we know the conclusion would be that the borg can't catch or see the voth and therefore can't hurt them but also that the voth, if they only have the one cityship with such power, wouldn't be able to destroy cubes at the rate they are created.

It comes down to two hypothetical that involve either A) The borg managing to assimilate the technology, which they can't do because they can't see them or B) the voth having a much more extensive presense and powerful weaponry - but this is just conjecture.

It is left to preference and, all things considered, I favour the voth as I don't think the Borg would ever be able to assimilate the relevant technology from the Voth (they may from another species we've not encountered).

I love star trek fantasy battles :ahee:
Probably the series I've seen the least of. Although films, yes. What did you think of the latest Star Trek film? :tongue:

I thought it was good, although I wathed it before I had seen an episode of startrek so should re-watch.
Reply 50
It comes down to two hypothetical that involve either A) The borg managing to assimilate the technology, which they can't do because they can't see them
But they can adapt to things they can't see - as in "Dark Frontier". They may not be able to add the technological knowledge to their own (if they can adapt, they can theoretically 'expose' the Voth), but they would have the knowledge of how to overcome it.

The Voth might destroy the first Borg cube or two, but due to the hive mind, the knowledge gained during the confrontation (about the Voth weapons, for example) would allow for the Borg at large to defeat them.
But they can adapt to things they can't see - as in "Dark Frontier". They may not be able to add the technological knowledge to their own (if they can adapt, they can theoretically 'expose' the Voth), but they would have the knowledge of how to overcome it.

The Voth might destroy the first Borg cube or two, but due to the hive mind, the knowledge gained during the confrontation (about the Voth weapons, for example) would allow for the Borg at large to defeat them.

Not if the voth 1 hit KO the borg. The voth, if they don't have the power/numbers to just own the Borg anyway, would just escape whenever they were in danger.

We can assume they either don't know about each other, are mutually respecting of each other, or neither considers the other a threat. Sorry for disjointed posts currently, I am doing so many things at once.
Reply 52
Not if the voth 1 hit KO the borg. The voth, if they don't have the power/numbers to just own the Borg anyway, would just escape whenever they were in danger.

We can assume they either don't know about each other, are mutually respecting of each other, or neither considers the other a threat. Sorry for disjointed posts currently, I am doing so many things at once.

I agree with you there (yay!) - the Voth would be able to avoid the Borg, assuming the Borg didn't have knowledge of how they can do that.

At the very least, the Borg are aware of the Voth, they have assimilated at least one; it may or may not be a reciprocal knowledge. There is also option D, the Borg don't consider the Voth to be beneficial to the Collective (a la the Kazon - "They would have detracted from perfection" and all that.)
I agree with you there (yay!) - the Voth would be able to avoid the Borg, assuming the Borg didn't have knowledge of how they can do that.

At the very least, the Borg are aware of the Voth, they have assimilated at least one; it may or may not be a reciprocal knowledge. There is also option D, the Borg don't consider the Voth to be beneficial to the Collective (a la the Kazon - "They would have detracted from perfection" and all that.)

I think in the latter case this would DEFINITELY be a matter of them considering the technology incompatible due to differences rather than them just being **** as the latter wouldn't make sense.

The Voth will have scanned the borg numerous times I would imagine, so we can perhaps conclude that neither really give a feck about the other. The Borg probably don't see that it is worth starting a war with the Voth, even if they could, because of the Voths power and the Voth probably think they equally have nothing to gain from the conflict as they are under zero threat from the Borg. This would make most sense I think.
Goku From dragonball z could kill them both :colone:
Reply 55
I think in the latter case this would DEFINITELY be a matter of them considering the technology incompatible due to differences rather than them just being **** as the latter wouldn't make sense.

The Voth will have scanned the borg numerous times I would imagine, so we can perhaps conclude that neither really give a feck about the other. The Borg probably don't see that it is worth starting a war with the Voth, even if they could, because of the Voths power and the Voth probably think they equally have nothing to gain from the conflict as they are under zero threat from the Borg. This would make most sense I think.

The Borg probably don't deem it beneficial, not necessarily detrimental - the Voth may have excellent technology, but the Borg don't assimilate everything they come into contact with, only those they deem threatening or useful.

Theoretically, they means the Borg become increasingly selective about assimilation over the years... Hmmm.
(edited 13 years ago)
The Borg probably don't deem it beneficial, not necessarily detrimental - the Voth may have excellent technology, but the Borg don't assimilate everything they come into contact with, only those they deem threatening or useful.

Theoretically, they means the Borg become increasingly selective about assimilation over the years... Hmmm.

No way. They simply don't know about the Voth technology. If they were aware of the ability to beam ships strait inside they would want it because that would so good for assimilation.

An interesting question is whether or not a borg cube would fit inside the cityship if they wanted to take one and learn about them - I reckon it could. Its dampening field would kill the borg inside if they wanted. It wouldn't be a contest in a fight between one cube and the ship but beaming it inside and neutralising it completely is an interesting prospect.

I wonder if the Voth will be revisited in novels, or a new series (fingers crossed).
Reply 57
An interesting question is whether or not a borg cube would fit inside the cityship if they wanted to take one and learn about them - I reckon it could. Its dampening field would kill the borg inside if they wanted. It wouldn't be a contest in a fight between one cube and the ship but beaming it inside and neutralising it completely is an interesting prospect.

I wonder if the Voth will be revisited in novels, or a new series (fingers crossed).

We never really got to see how easy it is to kill a Borg... We know they can be killed by phaser, ship explosion and Species 8472 attack, but never really saw whether they can suffocate (for example.)

Where do you think a new series could go?
We never really got to see how easy it is to kill a Borg... We know they can be killed by phaser, ship explosion and Species 8472 attack, but never really saw whether they can suffocate (for example.)

Where do you think a new series could go?

Shut down the nanoprobes and such and they are pretty ****ed....

Pretty much anywhere :dontknow:

One of the other quadrants maybe.
We need a star trek society.

Quick Reply

Latest