The Student Room Group

Want to do medicine, but have a huge problem. NEED HELP

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cute_wish
how will they know what other students in my college got ? :s-smilie:
that surely doesnt make sense to me ..I think there must be some other reason.why will they be so generous ?they have plenty of students applying for medicine then why will they do that :s-smilie:
what i personally feel is that they might prioritise something else more than the grades or if something else in the application compensates it, they lower the grades.I am not sure of it but i have a feeling that this is the case.

The school can send the university details of how their students perform to strengthen the application of an over achieving candidate. A medical school will do it so as to widen access to those from "weaker schools" and possibly a poorer financial background. Medical Schools are concerned about making sure a variety of people apply, rather than saying it doesn't matter because there are "lots of applicants" (all of whom may be from very similar backgrounds). I know St Georges do it, not sure where else though. Other Med Schools may have different ways of "widening access".
Reply 121
Original post by Davidragon
The school can send the university details of how their students perform to strengthen the application of an over achieving candidate. A medical school will do it so as to widen access to those from "weaker schools" and possibly a poorer financial background. Medical Schools are concerned about making sure a variety of people apply, rather than saying it doesn't matter because there are "lots of applicants" (all of whom may be from very similar backgrounds). I know St Georges do it, not sure where else though. Other Med Schools may have different ways of "widening access".

Oh so its the widening access scheme that makes your grades offered lower..yea that possibly could be the reason for other uniz as well
Reply 122
Hey guys well i was just on the phone to peninsula and i told them i will be repeating my as level year and they said i could still apply as an undergraduate :confused: they said one is only classed as a resit student if they retake their a level year but retaking your as year mean you will still be able to apply once you completet your a levels? Is this the norm?
Reply 123
lol no its not the norm but peninsula are really awesome and very leniant. in my experience, they're always friendly and do keep to their word when assessing your application. i haven't read this whole thread but if you have any type of mitigating circumstances, use them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending