The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Official UCL Applicant Thread for Entry in 2011!

Scroll to see replies

Hey Guys

I firmed UCL around 1-2 months ago with an conditional offer and they havent sent me an email or a letter since (from UCL) about anything not even about firming them etc.

I know the deadline for accommodation is the 31st of May so im not sure when will they be sending me the accommodation form/booklet so that i can apply

Please help

Many Thanks:colondollar:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Original post by JulietAlphaGolf
Hey Guys

I firmed UCL around 1-2 months ago with an conditional offer and they havent sent me an email or a letter since (from UCL) about anything not even about firming them etc.

I know the deadline for accommodation is the 31st of May so im not sure when will they be sending me the accommodation form/booklet so that i can apply

Please help

Yeah they haven't contacted me either. However, you have to download the form from here http://www.ucl.ac.uk/prospective-students/accommodation/applying
Guns n Roses are playing just after freshers at 02, God bless London for their music scene!
Reply 3123
Original post by Ultimate1
I can't wait to go UCL and meet everyone from TSR there! LOL, gonna be intersting to see how everyone is in real life! :biggrin:

Have you sorted out student finance etc?

Hm, I only know of one other person on TSR who's going to do Maths there :rolleyes: Don't hang out much in the UCL threads, they're too big :frown:

I've filled in the student finance forms but not checked it or sent it off, because I haven't finalised my choices on UCAS yet. Got an idea of what halls you want to be in?
Hey Guys

Please help

I'm in the same position so like a month ago i just filled in the accommodation form, which can be found online and sent it off. Still haven't heard anything back... LOL
Original post by bzzz
Hm, I only know of one other person on TSR who's going to do Maths there :rolleyes: Don't hang out much in the UCL threads, they're too big :frown:

I've filled in the student finance forms but not checked it or sent it off, because I haven't finalised my choices on UCAS yet. Got an idea of what halls you want to be in?

lol, me? I'm sure we'll have time to know a lot of peeps from here in time for Freshers!!!!:biggrin:

Erm I'm still contemplating whether or not to live at home or live in the halls.:redface:
Reply 3126
lol, me? I'm sure we'll have time to know a lot of peeps from here in time for Freshers!!!!:biggrin:

Erm I'm still contemplating whether or not to live at home or live in the halls.:redface:

Haha yep. Hope so, can't wait for freshers :biggrin: Do you live nearby?
I'm applying to UCL (hopefully) in 2012 but I'm worried my GCSEs are a little weak? They're A*A*AAAABBBBB, which are still okay I know but maybe on the borderline for a top uni like UCL..

So I was just wondering what everyone else's GCSEs are like, did anyone get lower than me and still get in?
Btw, it's for Linguistics :smile:
Original post by bzzz
Haha yep. Hope so, can't wait for freshers :biggrin: Do you live nearby?

Yh I live about 35 minutes train ride away from UCL. lol. Me too I can't wait either!!!!!
Original post by Lollyage
I'm applying to UCL (hopefully) in 2012 but I'm worried my GCSEs are a little weak? They're A*A*AAAABBBBB, which are still okay I know but maybe on the borderline for a top uni like UCL..

So I was just wondering what everyone else's GCSEs are like, did anyone get lower than me and still get in?

Erm I didn't apply for linguistics but rather for maths and my GCSEs were utter s***: AABBBBBBC

Erm I didn't apply for linguistics but rather for maths and my GCSEs were utter s***: AABBBBBBC

Oh, okay. Did you have any special circumstances? And what were your AS grades, if you don't mind?

Don't mean to interrogate you, sorry :colondollar:
Oh, okay. Did you have any special circumstances? And what were your AS grades, if you don't mind?

Don't mean to interrogate you, sorry :colondollar:

Nope I didn't have any special circumstances lol. My AS grades were AAAC and my predicted grades were A*A*A.

Lol it's alright, you're not interrogating me.

I got in for Psychology (one of the most competitive UCL degrees being 1 of the 4 A*AA offers) and got: AAAAAABBBCC

Your fine!
Does the maintenance loan given by the Student loan company cover all the rent costs of a ULC non catered hall or will i need further funding.

Btw it will be my 1st year at UCL 11/12 and im looking to hopefully stay in Astor

Many Thanks
Does the maintenance loan given by the Student loan company cover all the rent costs of a ULC non catered hall or will i need further funding.

Btw it will be my 1st year at UCL 11/12 and im looking to hopefully stay in Astor

Many Thanks

My loan did, and I am in Astor this year.

You pay your accommodation fees per term (you're billed shortly after you arrive and enrol, bit before Christmas and Easter break are over) and it's weighted so you pay more in terms 1 and 2, as a result, the what you have leftover from the loan is only about £200-300 pounds for the term to live off, for this year at Astor at least.
Original post by arcl
My loan did, and I am in Astor this year.

You pay your accommodation fees per term (you're billed shortly after you arrive and enrol, bit before Christmas and Easter break are over) and it's weighted so you pay more in terms 1 and 2, as a result, the what you have leftover from the loan is only about £200-300 pounds for the term to live off, for this year at Astor at least.

Thanks arcl:smile:

If you don't mind me asking, how much were you given from the SLC for your maintenance loan? Im looking like ill be getting just under 5,000 will this be enough?

Thanks again
Thanks arcl:smile:

If you don't mind me asking, how much were you given from the SLC for your maintenance loan? Im looking like ill be getting just under 5,000 will this be enough?

Thanks again

I got over 5000, don't remember how much more.

Your loan (and bursary/grants) will be spilt roughly evenly across the 3 terms but accommodation fees are bigger in terms 1 and 2. It's hard to say whether it'll cover it on a term-by-term basis or if you'll need some extra money.

Over the entire year, I think it should be OK. You'll need to work it out when you get final details of your student finance situation and your accommodation offer.

I got AAAAABBBBBB and ABB and got in to UCL for Linguistics. Though that was nearly three years ago, so it might've gone up a bit. You'll be fine anyway.
I have an offer for medicine :smile:
Hi all,

I have firmed an offer for Earth Sciences, quite a while back now, but I have not heard anything....

Have any of you guys got any info back as to accommodation??
Original post by TheRockMaster
Hi all,

I have firmed an offer for Earth Sciences, quite a while back now, but I have not heard anything....

Have any of you guys got any info back as to accommodation??

Hey

I have firmed my conditional offer for Geology 2 months ago, seeing as your doing earth sciences im guessing you have seen the infamous UCL small "rock room" lol.

I haven't heard anything from UCL since i firmed them so i suggest just filling out the accommodation form and sending it off to them ASAP :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending