The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCE Applied ICT Unit 3- June 2011 Exam

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by paul3200
lol doesnt suprise me

Yeah, It's an absolute pile of **** tbh.

What did you get in Unit 1 & 2?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 61
Original post by hrickards

Original post by Whrickards
Not entirely sure what formula you're talking about. In the advertising sheet I haven't put any formulae in (there doesn't seem to be any link between the potential and actual on that sheet - have you get any?) In Totals I dragged the Transport/month a column right into the Advertising column, changed the G7 reference to H7 and replicated down.

Lol ..well basically we've been told to enter a formula by clicking IF(AND( ... The b7 reference from values and then comma the b21 (advertise choices) then we can close bracket , and add the £450 value i think which is the fulmouth value, 0) long and confusing but that's what teachers went thru with us ...
Reply 62
Original post by Pn94
Most people fail this exam, apparently.

Isn't it all done on UMS thingy now so a set percentage fail, the same percentage as other exams.
Reply 63
You know, that's funny as I get the maximum profit with exactly the same options as you, yet the data I'm using was (pseudo)randomly generated by my teacher. Don't happen to go to UCTC do you? If not, very strange.

IIRC you have to say how effective the spreadsheet was in helping you to make your decision - so the things that you found useful, maybe the way it was easy to select different options and see the prices. You also have to say some things that could be improved within the spreadsheet - e.g it would be a lot easier if all possible combinations of shops and advertising options were shown in another worksheet, with the best one highlighted.

Have a look at http://www.experiglot.com/2006/12/11/how-to-use-nested-if-statements-in-excel-with-and-or-not/. What do you need IF(AND... for though?

** Hickards guy.
I dont attend UCTC as I dont know what this means. I attend Worcs Sixth Form College in worcester and we offer the widest amount of A Levels for the West Midlands. Our data was generated by the exam board, so we know. (practice files)
Reply 64
Original post by Villa73
** Hickards guy.
I dont attend UCTC as I dont know what this means. I attend Worcs Sixth Form College in worcester and we offer the widest amount of A Levels for the West Midlands. Our data was generated by the exam board, so we know. (practice files)

Oh, okay. Must just be a coincidence then.
Reply 65
Original post by ajay fernando

Original post by ajay fernando
Guys i have completely done the model, im making a profit of £177,950.73 by opening only two shops and using all of the advertising methods! Im nt sure if im right, so if u guys cud do the model so tht we will be able to discuss whose right and the highest profit made here.

thank you

Hey, ive pretty much gone through all the activities.. im confused in what formula to put in the advertising page...? thanks...
I am making a profit of £536,149.01. By opening 6 shops and using 2 advertising methods.
Heyy guys I need some help regarding this practical. Activity 1 is mostly he same as previous papers. Which is : a) List key facts relevant to the problem you have to solve.
(b) Outline the decisions you have to make.

In decisions making we can write where shops should be opened and what advertising method should be used. Right?? What else can we write?

And what about part (a).
Original post by dush_2
hey any one doing unit 7 ??

Yeahh me I am doing both unit 3 and 7
Reply 69
Hey there
I've been stalking this thread for quite a while now and I'm pleased to see that we all arrived at the same conclusion for Activity 3 (IF function, cell referencing...) but does anyone have a concrete copy of what they did for Activity 5?

The one in the Teacher exhange website (the link that was posted here previously) isn't free, so I was wondering if anyone did it that far yet. please and thank you!
Reply 70
Original post by Gorgeous devil
I am making a profit of £536,149.01. By opening 6 shops and using 2 advertising methods.

How did you get that high? I tried all possible combinations and the highest I got was £198,528.69. are you sure you did everything correctly? because one of my friends got around £225,876.05 and turns out she incorrectly copied the formula in the Totals sheet.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by deusmaster
How did you get that high? I tried all possible combinations and the highest I got was £198,528.69. are you sure you did everything correctly? because one of my friends got around £225,876.05 and turns out she incorrectly copied the formula in the Totals sheet.

I used this formula in Totals Sheet for advertising =IF(Values!$B7="Yes",Totals!H7,0)
Reply 72
Original post by deusmaster

Bear in mind that some of my data (the advertising I think) was randomly generated by the teacher, and he's the sort of person that would know if the exam board had given out sample data for that. So I think we all may have different advertising (?) data.
Reply 73
Has anyone done any of the activities .. Our teachers suck .. and i really need them .. if anyone did .. thn please kindly email them to me .. i would greatly appreciate ur response ..:frown:
Heyy guys can you help me. What do we have to write in Activity 5 Evaluation
(How well the model performed)

Can you give an example plz?
Reply 75
People, please read the thread through before asking questions that have been answered again and again already.
Reply 76
Bear in mind that some of my data (the advertising I think) was randomly generated by the teacher, and he's the sort of person that would know if the exam board had given out sample data for that. So I think we all may have different advertising (?) data.

So does that mean that we might get a different advertising data in the exam? then all this figuring out which shops to open and which advertising costs to choose will have no meaning. :frown: which of course would directly affect Activity 4, which, in my opinion, is the hardest to compile and make.
Reply 77
hi. weve been using the spreadsheet, using the provided advertising data in school, and the maximum profit we got was about 189,000 as well, so how did u get 536,000? and what formulas did u enter in the advertising and totals sheets?
Reply 78
and what shops and advertising methods have u guys chosen in order to make the most profit?
Reply 79
Original post by Sadii

Original post by Sadii
Hey check my last comment on this thread (Sadii) .. ive put briefly the questions.. got some answers .. i can mail em ..

hey, i just saw the questions you have posted. they've been a great help. if you could mail the answers to me it would be better. ive worked on the model and come up with various profits and different ways of getting them. maybe we could brainstorm on the same

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending