The Student Room Group

F215 - Revision thread 13th June 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Wor Carroll
We are only half way through chapter 3 with one teacher and have only just started chapter 4 with our other teacher. Time to worry? I think so :smile:

Really?! That's crazy! As in Module 3 and 4 in the OCR book or actually chapter 3/4 (well the equivalent, biotechnology and the one before) in the green book with the lizard on. Especially good luck if it's the latter. We haven't been taught by one teacher, which is fun... Overtaught by the other, frantically making notes on all the stuff the first should have covered. We'll get there. Relax?!! :tongue:
Original post by Georgie298
Why did F212 go SO awfully!? Felt really confident going into that exam, enjoyed it, came out positive and then got an E?!?! Haven't resat it, didn't realise I did so badly in it because I'm on an ok B over all at the moment until after the deadline for submitting retakes. But what was up with that! Good luck, hope you do better this time round. Throwing all my attention at F215 and learning synoptic stuff, loads of practice and hopefully not resitting F212 won't matter too much, fingers crossed!

good luck!
Original post by ibysaiyan
good luck!

Thank you :smile:
Reply 123
Original post by sportycricketer
3 doesn't take that long it's just boring as hell especially the last 2-3 chaps on conservation.

Don't underestimate 4 though as it has muscles and the brain and they are quite complex ideas so take longer

How's your revision going for this??

Nearly finished Module 2.
Dont really understand that last page on Module 1 about Wheat.
Really?! That's crazy! As in Module 3 and 4 in the OCR book or actually chapter 3/4 (well the equivalent, biotechnology and the one before) in the green book with the lizard on. Especially good luck if it's the latter. We haven't been taught by one teacher, which is fun... Overtaught by the other, frantically making notes on all the stuff the first should have covered. We'll get there. Relax?!! :tongue:

Module 3 (ecosystems and sustainability) and Module 4 (responding to the environment) in the OCR book. Only got a couple of weeks left so hopefully we finish it. We've still got quite a lot left to do for chemistry as well.
Original post by Wor Carroll
Module 3 (ecosystems and sustainability) and Module 4 (responding to the environment) in the OCR book. Only got a couple of weeks left so hopefully we finish it. We've still got quite a lot left to do for chemistry as well.

Gosh that sounds pretty full on, at least the first is pretty straight forward stuff, just really wordy and Module 4 is pretty interesting and isn't as bad to learn as all the genetics stuff which is really intense. And chem too, can't say I miss it! Good luck, hopefully learning it now will keep it all fresh in your mind, won't have to do too much extra revision on it. Trying to find positives here :tongue: I'm in a similar position in Economics, but hoping it'll be alright on the night.
Gosh that sounds pretty full on, at least the first is pretty straight forward stuff, just really wordy and Module 4 is pretty interesting and isn't as bad to learn as all the genetics stuff which is really intense. And chem too, can't say I miss it! Good luck, hopefully learning it now will keep it all fresh in your mind, won't have to do too much extra revision on it. Trying to find positives here :tongue: I'm in a similar position in Economics, but hoping it'll be alright on the night.

Yeah the last module looks better than the 3rd because I prefer that kind of stuff I'm gonna do Biochemistry at uni.....hopfully:smile:). I think chemistry is easier than bio as there's not as much stuff to remember! I'm not worrying too much as one of my bio teachers told us what we need to get in the summer exam to achieve the grade we want/need and mine is very low so hopefully I won't screw it up at the last hurdle! Good luck in Economics.
Reply 127
Original post by dunnicare
That was so cool.

In another news DOES ANYONE HAVE THE JANUARY 2011 EXAM? I NEED MORE PRACTICE!!!

Scratch that I found it! WOOOOOOW!

Please share! There only seems to be one relevant past paper on the OCR website :confused: damn new spec!!!
Original post by Lucygator
Please share! There only seems to be one relevant past paper on the OCR website :confused: damn new spec!!!

Do you or anyone else know how to attach pdf files?:confused: If someone, anyone can tell me I'll definitely do it.

I would post the website but you need an account to see the page. I'll post it any way.

http://www.studentcreche.co.uk/showthread.php/1184-January-2011-OCR-F215-A-Level-Biology-Paper
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 129
Original post by Lucygator

Mhy teacher said the paper on the old spec - Unifying Concepts in Biology or something - is mostly relevant for this unit.

Mostly just for the synoptic stuff though, but any practise is good :smile:
arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

:smile:
How are you guys revising? I've been doing a mix of making powerpoints/flashcards/past papers. But it seems like non of its going in :cry2:

EDIT: Errr, why did that deserve a neg :lolwut:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 132
because know body cares
Original post by fortunecookie
How are you guys revising? I've been doing a mix of making powerpoints/flashcards/past papers. But it seems like non of its going in :cry2:

EDIT: Errr, why did that deserve a neg :lolwut:

Probs because of this. How can none of it being going in?

FYI I didn't neg you. It's a stupid reason to neg someone. But I did neg the person below your comment for being a douche. :smile:
Original post by dunnicare
Probs because of this. How can none of it being going in?

FYI I didn't neg you. It's a stupid reason to neg someone. But I did neg the person below your comment for being a douche. :smile:

Yeah I guess, I think it's more that I feel like I'm just staring at my books and not getting anything productive done. But I've managed to pick myself up a bit since the weekend!

Aha, thanks :rolleyes: Just thought it was a bit petty.
Reply 135
Any past paper sites?
Original post by Dunn0
Any past paper sites?

Obviously there is the OCR site, but I think theres only June 2010 one there.

Theres a lot here:
http://www.xtremepapers.me/OCR/index.php?dir=Biology/

But you have to be a bit selective with the papers/questions that you do as they aren't all relevant.
Anyone have the Jan 11 paper for this?
Hey guys....PUTTING THIS IN BIG FONT SO YOU GUYS CAN SEE. :h:

I was doing some revision today for F215 and I found a MASSIVE pack of past papers and markschemes in my old bag. Like I have 50+ questions on application of genetics alone, all the past papers from 2002-2010 and about 60+ questions on central concepts 2006-2009

I want to share them since I've had a lot of help from TSR but I dont know how! How do I transfer stuff from a booklet to TSR? I'm not very techy sorry!

:redface:
Going to start revising this properly next week. People keep saying I've left it too late, but I haven't. There's plenty of time!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending