The Student Room Group

Psychology A Unit 3 AQA - 17th June 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by antipesto93
Yeah thats fine, Remember you can also do the BOBO doll study and evaluate it, that will be like half a page?
we also learnt a study by Ellison and one by Rhem
but the stuff you listed should be enough

i've done what you've done in table form for all the topics. makes it all look manageable when its condensed that way :smile:
Original post by safwaansh
those topics have already come up. the sleep disorders and instutional aggression came up as 25 markers as well so i really dont think they would do those again.

alot of them have only come up as 6 marks
my teacher goes to examiners meetings and stuff so she knows what shees talking about :biggrin:
Ok, Sleep people:
If you are asked a 25 mark on the Infradian rhythm - What would you talk about? - this is all i know:

Describe the menstrual cycle (ao1) - endogenous
Descrive the role of pheromones(ao1) - exogenous
Study by McClintock(ao2) - study
Study by Russel - study

what else ?
the above would only take up one page for me:frown:
Ok, Sleep people:
If you are asked a 25 mark on the Infradian rhythm - What would you talk about? - this is all i know:

Describe the menstrual cycle (ao1) - endogenous
Descrive the role of pheromones(ao1) - exogenous
Study by McClintock(ao2) - study
Study by Russel - study

what else ?
the above would only take up one page for me:frown:

Would you get asked a 25 marker on purely Infradian rhythms?! If so, I'm screwed. I dunna, could you put about other rhythms? Or whack in some synopticity (Ethics, Gender diff. Cultural diff.) in each study?
Original post by liamcol123
Would you get asked a 25 marker on purely Infradian rhythms?! If so, I'm screwed. I dunna, could you put about other rhythms? Or whack in some synopticity (Ethics, Gender diff. Cultural diff.) in each study?

yeah my teacher said its possible, but very unlikely :smile:

yeah i guess i can talk about ethics, gender etc...

I hope the question just says
outline and evaluate 2 or more biological rhythms :biggrin:
yeah my teacher said its possible, but very unlikely :smile:

yeah i guess i can talk about ethics, gender etc...

I hope the question just says
outline and evaluate 2 or more biological rhythms :biggrin:

Yeah, usually their kind in that way, in Jan they asked about the exogenous pacemakers in one or more biological rhythms I think...
some one please write me an essay plan for nature of sleep...
i know youd talk about the sleep stages and explain them all...
but i heard you have to talk about brain structures or functions...
pleasse can someone help me . thanks... much appreciated. :smile: xx
Original post by vinaykudhail
some one please write me an essay plan for nature of sleep...
i know youd talk about the sleep stages and explain them all...
but i heard you have to talk about brain structures or functions...
pleasse can someone help me . thanks... much appreciated. :smile: xx

lol

Describe the stages of sleep ( half a page)
descrive and evaluate Dement and Klietmans study (half a page)
and you can talk about the EEG and who invented it (berger)
Describe the physiology of sleep ( REM and NREM, red book, Locus corelous stufff)
Studies from the red book ( ramm, morgane, kayama, NINDS)
(edited 12 years ago)
Describe the physiology of sleep ( REM and NREM, red book, Locus corelous stufff)
Studies from the red book ( remm, morgane, jayama, NINDS)

can someone, not antipest93, please explainwhat is meant by this please...
Reply 209
Hey, im also resiting unit 3 on the 17th of june. The topics im doing are,
Biological rythms and sleep
Relationships
has anyone any idea what they predict will come up?? need help big time!!!
If institutional aggression comes up, I will cry with happiness.
highly probable.
Reply 212
For aggression evolutionary explanations are infidelity and jealousy both separate explanations or are they one big one?
You can treat them as seperate if you have enough to say about them

However, if you want you can do infedelity and jealoust all as 1
and then for your second one learn homicide, or rape (or wahtever else is in your textbook)

so up to you :smile:
Reply 214
Hmmm what would you do for an essay plan on the restoration theory of sleep? im getting slightly confused!
Reply 215
I'm doing
eating behavior
aggression
intelligence (:

Good luck to everyone :biggrin:

BTW if anyone has any like, anagrams and stuff for any of these topics i'd love to learn them :smile:
PM me :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Smilie :)
Hmmm what would you do for an essay plan on the restoration theory of sleep? im getting slightly confused!

Well, You would start off by outlining Oswald and horns theory (oswald said all stages of sleep are needed by horne said only stages 4-5 are needed, and that 1-3 are optional)

Then you can discuss studies, and explain how they support or do not support them, this is done through sleep deprivation studies, These are the ones i learnt:

web and bonnect (Gradual sleep deprivation in humans)
Rechstaffen (rats on turntables)
Case study of Randy Gardner (stayed awake for 11 days)
Case study of peter tripp
and Jouvet's cars

-your ao2 would come from evaluating the methodology of the sleep deprivation studies

And then if the question was to say 'functions of sleep' instead of specifitying restoration, you would talk about evidence that shouws sleep is evolutionary in animals (foraging requirements, predator avoidance, safety)

obviously thats just what my class learnt, Using a combination of the folens dog book, Blue AQA textbook and some fat red one.
Original post by RD93
For aggression evolutionary explanations are infidelity and jealousy both separate explanations or are they one big one?

One big one.Jealousy occurs because of the possibility of infidelity; males because of there's an uncertainty of them being the father of a child, and females because a cheating males directs resources away from them.

If the evolutionary explanation of aggression comes up I'm using jealousy and rape.
I am doing Aggression, Gender and Perception! I see a lot of people doing aggression, but not so many on perception! I wonder why to be honest as I find that the easiest of my three?!
Reply 219
Well, You would start off by outlining Oswald and horns theory (oswald said all stages of sleep are needed by horne said only stages 4-5 are needed, and that 1-3 are optional)

Then you can discuss studies, and explain how they support or do not support them, this is done through sleep deprivation studies, These are the ones i learnt:

web and bonnect (Gradual sleep deprivation in humans)
Rechstaffen (rats on turntables)
Case study of Randy Gardner (stayed awake for 11 days)
Case study of peter tripp
and Jouvet's cars

-your ao2 would come from evaluating the methodology of the sleep deprivation studies

And then if the question was to say 'functions of sleep' instead of specifitying restoration, you would talk about evidence that shouws sleep is evolutionary in animals (foraging requirements, predator avoidance, safety)

obviously thats just what my class learnt, Using a combination of the folens dog book, Blue AQA textbook and some fat red one.

Thank you! That really helped :smile:
Quick question - in general would you include 3 studies for A01 and 4 A02s? Because my teachers rubbish and i just want to check im using the correct about of points :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending