The Student Room Group

Academy Excellence Awards

http://www.academyexcellenceawards.co.uk/

Is anybody else writing an essay for this? I'm doing the English question: "How do the arts contribute to sustainability?"

I'd be interested to know how everyone else is getting on :biggrin:
Reply 1
hello there, I have been entered for the humanitites essay. I have completed it, but am in a bit of a pickle! It is arial 12 font, 15,900 characters (inc spaces) and fits on 4 pages. However, when you put it in 1.5 line spacing, it goes to about 7 pages! Have you encountered the same problem?

Good luck anway, Joanna
Reply 2
Original post by hellojoanna
hello there, I have been entered for the humanitites essay. I have completed it, but am in a bit of a pickle! It is arial 12 font, 15,900 characters (inc spaces) and fits on 4 pages. However, when you put it in 1.5 line spacing, it goes to about 7 pages! Have you encountered the same problem?

Good luck anway, Joanna

No, I didn't write enough to have that problem. :smile: They've changed the entry guidelines now, so it just needs to be 4 pages and the character count has been dropped. Looks like you have a bit of trimming to do :smile:
Reply 3
thanks for getting back to me. I have submitted my essay (4 pages!) so all i can do now is wait.
Good luck :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by hellojoanna
thanks for getting back to me. I have submitted my essay (4 pages!) so all i can do now is wait.
Good luck :smile:

Yay - longlisted! :smile: Are you Joanna Partridge by any chance? If so, congratulations :biggrin:
Reply 5
Yes, ahahah. Fingers crossed for the 6th June :smile:
Reply 6
I got through too...looking forward to tomorrow after my Business exam!
Reply 7
I see you got through! Well done, I did too. See you on the 6th July!
Reply 8
Original post by extons
I see you got through! Well done, I did too. See you on the 6th July!

Thanks a lot - I can almost taste that £1500! :wink: Which category did you enter?
Reply 9
Original post by mcgovernjon
Thanks a lot - I can almost taste that £1500! :wink: Which category did you enter?

I did Technology. Really surprised I got through though as it was a quick type up because my head asked me to do it. If I'd have known I'd have got this far, I'd have put a bit more effort in! Nervous for the 6th though; apparently it's going to be a whole day thing and it's only going to be at the end we'll find out who's won!
Reply 10
Original post by extons
I did Technology. Really surprised I got through though as it was a quick type up because my head asked me to do it. If I'd have known I'd have got this far, I'd have put a bit more effort in! Nervous for the 6th though; apparently it's going to be a whole day thing and it's only going to be at the end we'll find out who's won!

We did it!
Reply 11
Original post by mcgovernjon
We did it!

We smashed it Jon! Need to spend the £1500 wisely - want to invest in something!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending