The Student Room Group

F215 - Revision thread 13th June 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by aquarius00
Thankyouuuu sooo much!! thats great help

No problem :smile:

Edit: Ahhh sorry, I replied to the wrong post :tongue: Well this is embarrassing... :redface:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 1161
Original post by Strythall
i hate the lac operon :frown:

dont worry it came up on jan 2011 so it wont come up again, i assure you :smile:
Original post by jak67m
dont worry it came up on jan 2011 so it wont come up again, i assure you :smile:

Thats a shame I love the lac operon! I hate the stuff which hasn't come up yet :/
Reply 1163
Original post by Mcfilly
Ok so i have done all of the questions possible, I've gone through the specification loads and loads of times and with just three days left I seriously don't know what else I can do!

Anyone got any suggestions? I don't just wanna waste the last three days wondering how else I can revise.. kind of wish the exam was today haha!

I WISH I WAS AS PREPARED AS YOU, I STILL GOT WHOLE OF MODULE 2 TO DO..what am i doing here !!!!
Original post by NWA
I understand replica plating, but do you think we will have to remember the names of the two antibiotics ?

I would learn the names of ampicillin and tetracycline anyway, but I imagine they would give you them on a diagram :smile:
Reply 1165
Original post by jak67m

Lol you cannot assure anything. No one has seen this paper except the examiners. Lol they might give the lac operon in a different format. In jan 2011, they given an explain (3) marker, now they might give the lac operon in a table format.

Thats what they did on the F214 paper. Last year there was a 5 marker on anaerobic respiration.. but this year in Jan 2011, they gave the same question but fill in the gaps, for anaerobic respiration, plus there's only 2 papers about, the papers will be in a similar format to help the students as its a new spec. :smile:
Original post by sillysal
deflected succession anyone? :s-smilie:

Human activities have prevented a climax community being established at the end of the process of succession.
e.g. grazing animals introduced which eat shoots of woody plants and prevent succession progressing beyond the grassland stage - to a woodland (climax community). :smile:
Reply 1167
Original post by jak67m
I WISH I WAS AS PREPARED AS YOU, I STILL GOT WHOLE OF MODULE 2 TO DO..what am i doing here !!!!

What do you mean the whole of module two? As in you haven't learnt it yet!?
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1300203&highlight=biology+f215+practice+ack

If you haven't checked this thread already its relevant questions from the old spec. Might be worth looking at
i really struggle learning meiosis, keep forgetting it. anyone any tips to revise ?

also has your teachers given you an idea on what might come up?
Reply 1170
hey guys.... the head of biology at my school writes the F215 Summer Paper and she said that what was written in the text book about homeobox genes and apoptosis was not how she liked and so wrote us a couple a4 sheets on it.... dunno if im looking into it too much but it could be a sign they may come up....
my friend has her as a teacher and said that when he asked her about coppicing during a lesson earlier this year she said it wasnt important to know details like that....

hope that helps :smile:
Original post by rebeccalouise_92
i really struggle learning meiosis, keep forgetting it. anyone any tips to revise ?

also has your teachers given you an idea on what might come up?

at the start of meiosis the nucleolus disappears and the nuclear envelope disintegrates and the chromatin condenses + super coils to become chromosomes - this is the same as the start of apoptosis so you can kill 2 birds with one stone here :smile:
Reply 1172
Can someone please post the link or attach the January 2011 QP and Mark Scheme? Thanks
Original post by kjenkins

hey guys.... the head of biology at my school writes the F215 Summer Paper and she said that what was written in the text book about homeobox genes and apoptosis was not how she liked and so wrote us a couple a4 sheets on it.... dunno if im looking into it too much but it could be a sign they may come up....
my friend has her as a teacher and said that when he asked her about coppicing during a lesson earlier this year she said it wasnt important to know details like that....

are you ****ing ****ting me?
Original post by guitarmike456

Original post by guitarmike456
at the start of meiosis the nucleolus disappears and the nuclear envelope disintegrates and the chromatin condenses + super coils to become chromosomes - this is the same as the start of apoptosis so you can kill 2 birds with one stone here :smile:

ahh, thank you :smile: how do you remember the differences between meiosis I and II ?
Reply 1175
Original post by I'mBadAtMaths
are you ****ing ****ting me?

haha, exactly my thoughts :smile:
Original post by rebeccalouise_92
ahh, thank you :smile: how do you remember the differences between meiosis I and II ?

meiosis II is ultimately very similar to mitosis
- if you have trouble remembering mitosis they're very much similar except in meiosis 1 its the bivalent splitting to 2 chromosomes and in meiosis 2 its the chromosomes splitting to 2 chromatids

remember you need meiosis 2 in order to half the chromosome number in order to produce gametes :smile:

Reply 1178
its not like that... SHE HATES ME (said i was going to fail then got 100% in f212).... but i will ask my mate that has her what she has been overly thorough over then post here
Reply 1179
I've lost all will to revise! Fml.:mad:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending