The Student Room Group

F215 - Revision thread 13th June 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by englishman129
lol :tongue: anyone reading the AS book for synoptic knowledge?

I was planning to, but I'm still struggling to learn all of this module so I think I'm going to make sure I'm as okay as I can be on this first :redface:
I'm going to have a look over f214 definitely but that's because i'm resitting it so i may as well :tongue:, especially the neurones stuff
If they link anything to AS I think it'll be from f212 :smile:
Original post by rebeccalouise_92
i've forgotten practically everything in AS! any tips on what i should really go over....

Conservation/Biodiversity because it links to Module 3 :yep:
I've forgotten what else is in AS! :tongue:
I think anything synoptic will be from f212. Maybe some of the enzyme stuff?
Original post by heartskippedabeat
I was planning to, but I'm still struggling to learn all of this module so I think I'm going to make sure I'm as okay as I can be on this first :redface:
I'm going to have a look over f214 definitely but that's because i'm resitting it so i may as well :tongue:, especially the neurones stuff
If they link anything to AS I think it'll be from f212 :smile:

yeah - that's exactly what i was thinking.. Plus i don't have any motivation at all in revising AS content again. I need a D in this to get an A overall - so it shud be ok even w/o AS stuff :tongue: just scared i might epically fail llol
I'm thinking human affect on Galapagos islands and Golden Rice are sure to come up on monday

Conservation/Biodiversity because it links to Module 3 :yep:
I've forgotten what else is in AS! :tongue:
I think anything synoptic will be from f212. Maybe some of the enzyme stuff?

thanks, hows your revision??
Reply 1685
Ah so is the ddNTP stuff essentially what is on the large book's page 172?
Reply 1686
Original post by aquarius00
omg r we expected to know the animal kingdom stuff?? i.e phylem, animalia??...i dont know any of that????????????...i cant store any more info in my head!!!

It's good to know information from the A's sylabus, but i remember the kingdoms by-
King prawn curry or fat greasy sausages
Kingdom,phylun,class,order,family,genus,species
Original post by -Jaz-
My bull****ting usually ends up in me writing about 6 lines for a 2 mark question, then not even getting the 2 marks! :/

My perfect exam will be fill in the gaps and tick-boxes, like back in GCSE? :biggrin:

:O

you got gap fill and box ticking for GCSE????

mine were identical to these, just GCSE questions rather than A level and didn't require word perfect answers
Original post by englishman129
yeah - that's exactly what i was thinking.. Plus i don't have any motivation at all in revising AS content again. I need a D in this to get an A overall - so it shud be ok even w/o AS stuff :tongue: just scared i might epically fail llol

Yeah, tbh all the synoptic stuff I've seen on past papers seems fairly easy, like naming the type of microscope used which is stuff you'd kind of remember anyway :tongue: I might read over some of the AS stuff but I doubt I'll do any proper revising of it :tongue:
Ahh that's good! I'm suree you'll be fine haha :smile:

thanks, hows your revision??

Not great, I've done so much but nothing seems to stick so I'm running out of motivation :tongue: hows yours?
Original post by mymkwok
It's good to know information from the A's sylabus, but i remember the kingdoms by-
King prawn curry or fat greasy sausages
Kingdom,phylun,class,order,family,genus,species

I prefer:

King Philip Came Over For Gay Sex
Original post by joestevens2092
I'm thinking human affect on Galapagos islands and Golden Rice are sure to come up on monday

:yep:
can any one explan the tropic responed thgimotropism. the OCR book isn't too clear on it.

Not great, I've done so much but nothing seems to stick so I'm running out of motivation :tongue: hows yours?

yes same feel like ive been revising for months. havent looked at galapagos yet though so hoping thats easy stuff :s the past paper questions are so hard :frown:
Original post by Deyn_08
can any one explan the tropic responed thgimotropism. the OCR book isn't too clear on it.

Isn't that just the same as nastic movements?
Reply 1694
Isn't that just the same as nastic movements?

Thigmotropism is when a plant grows around another plant/stick, using it for support. So basically its tropism is "around the other structure"

Make sense? :s-smilie:
Reply 1695
Just did Jan '11...What the hell was with that comparing PCR to in vivo or whatever one. Got 0/8 for that :frown:

Thankfully grade boundaries were super low :wink:

When i seen PCR i was like yes !! ... but then it asked to compare and i messed up . if it standardly asks what and how does pcr occur ? ill be happy
Original post by mazam
When i seen PCR i was like yes !! ... but then it asked to compare and i messed up . if it standardly asks what and how does pcr occur ? ill be happy

Yeah same a standard Q on PCR would be a gift but that threw me
yes same feel like ive been revising for months. havent looked at galapagos yet though so hoping thats easy stuff :s the past paper questions are so hard :frown:

Galapagos is pretty easy i think, it's kind of just common sense as long as you remember a few of the animals and a few key words :smile:
I know :frown: I did the june 2010 a couple of days ago and got 58 :/ don't even want to attempt the jan one haha. what grade do you need/want in this exam?
Hey everyone! How's all your revision going?

My perfect exam paper would be:
massive questions on transcription/translation
big question on sliding filament model
Big question on lac operon :P
A genetic question, with a hardy-weinberg or chi squared thrown in
PCR question,
Artificial cloning and plant cloning
Incorporating a gene into a bacterial plasmid etc
NONE OF MODULE 3 :wink: haha :smile:
and a bit about behaviour!

I would be so happy if that all came up ;D
Reply 1699