The Student Room Group

F215 - Revision thread 13th June 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2300
A sequence of nucleotide bases on a gene that provides a code, with the instructions for the construction of a polypeptide or protein.
Original post by Tetanus
I resat F211 too! How'd you find it!

GOOD LUCK to you also! :biggrin:

to be honest - i found it easy - worryingly so :smile:
Thanks guys that clears it up for me

Serves me right for mainly using my OCR revision guide and not the text book to revise from

I see where it is mentioned now
Reply 2303
Original post by Tetanus
I resat F211 too! How'd you find it!

GOOD LUCK to you also! :biggrin:

I retook it as well!

Twas d Bomb :wink:
what is twitch and tetanus about in muscle contraction?? HELP
how many marks do you reckon i need for 81UMS marks

also can someone tell me what the 'association area' in the cerebral cortex is in simple english :smile:
do we need to know what species eveness and richness is from unit 2 AS? it was on the June 2010 paper ... :frown:
Reply 2307
Original post by airdoc
I retook it as well!

Twas d Bomb :wink:

Twasn't d bomb as much as I'd have liked, definitely dropped a few! I was just trying to get any improvement I could anyway! :biggrin: :colondollar:
Reply 2308
Original post by Tetanus
Anything above 120 UMS = A

A = 80% of full marks

80% of 150 = 120

UMS is a way of grading the exam in terms of difficulty. The harder the exam, the lower the average grades, the lower the UMS boundaries. :biggrin:

Do you reckon UMS will be low for F211 as well? Really paranoid now lol.

Cheers btw!
Original post by Hazel92

also can someone tell me what the 'association area' in the cerebral cortex is in simple english :smile:

compares the input from the receptor e.g. noise with previous similar inputs from that receptor to determine an appropriate response, i.e. if its a loud sharp noise, you look over in shock. not the best example. ygm?
Reply 2310
I need a 80 UMS to get overall B, which is just a D. Still crapping myself got a letter from uni stating if we don't get ABB we won't be accepted!
Find it odd there is only 6 marks or so between grades?
Reply 2311
Original post by Hazel92

Original post by Hazel92

Association areas compare input with previous related experiences to understand what that input really means and judge an appropriate response...
Reply 2312
Genetic code : It is a triplet/degenerate code, where 3 nucleotide bases code for one amino acid.
Reply 2313
Just found this thread!
I've been memorising things all day. My brain is going on strike any minute now.

I'm so glad we've got all morning to revise though!
Original post by tea kid
Just found this thread!
I've been memorising things all day. My brain is going on strike any minute now.

I feel the same. Been revising for 10 hours, written 40 pages of notes haha!
Reply 2315
I finished writing all mmy notes on Thursday/Friday-ish, so I've been trying to get myself to sit still and go over them loads. Which I'm bad at!

The only way I can memorise things are to explain them out loud to someone so my cat is now very well informed on this exam :beard:
Reply 2316
Original post by Luke0011
I feel the same. Been revising for 10 hours, written 40 pages of notes haha!

Any tips to share please?! :biggrin: :smile: :frown:
Original post by Rosi M
Any tips to share please?! :biggrin: :smile: :frown:

Ask me any questions if you've got any, i'll see what I can do :smile: haha!
Everyone on here seems to be good at answering all the questions though. :smile:
Original post by tea kid
Just found this thread!

Hey, yeah I'm glad it's in the afternoon! How's your revision going?
I'm doing zoology in uni too! :redface:
I was going to put Reading as my insurance too but the offer was higher than my firm ahah :tongue:
Original post by tea kid
I finished writing all mmy notes on Thursday/Friday-ish, so I've been trying to get myself to sit still and go over them loads. Which I'm bad at!

The only way I can memorise things are to explain them out loud to someone so my cat is now very well informed on this exam :beard:

As is my dog! :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending