The Student Room Group

F215 - Revision thread 13th June 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by englishman129
That was the first exam ive actually completely run out of time with like 6-10 marks still remaining (ecology stuff). Did anyone notice the timing was crap too? or was it just me?

I finished with about 10 minutes left, which was enough time to check through my answers.
Reply 2781
Original post by bethazz
Same! I didn't do that much revision on the nitrogen cycle, I've been focusing on the sliding filament model all things like that, none of which came up:frown:. god, those damn lady birds! Just a horrible exam tbh, plus i needed more time. I'm praying for low grade boundaries!

yes i revised the sliding filaments as well :s-smilie: arghhhhh the paper is a Bxxch
Original post by Medifield
I found the codes for the two stops but what was the third. I just looked at the fig and checked what the last amino acid was there :s-smilie:

UAA, UAG and UGA. UAG and UAA were encompassed by the same "stop" sign.
Reply 2783
Original post by fortunecookie
Aha I think I managed to get them into the senescence question somehow :s-smilie:
I think it was 60 for an A and 55/54 ish for a B.

Its 65 for an A
Original post by mortysteve
I finished with about 10 minutes left, which was enough time to check through my answers.

Ahh - must have been me then.
Original post by Kidms001
That depends on when and what your next exam is? My next proper exam is on Thursday (maths) but I might have to whack out some revision tonight as I have waffle studies general studies and a driving lesson tomorrow, so time is a little tight :rolleyes:

I have maths on thursday aswell, S2? :tongue:
Ahh good luck for waffling, at least you had practice today :wink:
I have english on thursday aswell though so i have loadssss to learn for that :frown: :tongue:
it was a hard paper... do you think the mark scheme will be similar to jan 2011..
overall.. hard paper

PS: Lets create a FB group about how difficult the paper was.. :angry:
I have completely lost all faith in OCR. A mistake in D1, a hideous core 3 paper this morning and now this.

Maybe I'm just still upset about the exams, but I do think it's unfair that we do all of this preparation and they test us on about 3 spreads. I know they can't test EVERYTHING, but really ....

Exactly! We all sacrificed at least one thing to revise for this exam, comparing previous papers they seemed so easy compared to ours! Ladybirds? Sheep? Genetic puzzles? Ethical Issues? Noone would think this is a BIOLOGY paper ffs!!!

Anyone who knows someone who writes the exam papers, give them a punch from me. Thanks.
UAA, UAG and UGA. UAG and UAA were encompassed by the same "stop" sign.

Then im screwed. :frown:

Well that was only 1 mark. But I feel like that's enough to tip the scale.

I had like 20 minutes left to check my answers - it was a really really annoying paper, hopefully GB are low.

Well, as people have said, the paper was very waffly. If you're a slow writer or something, then I could understand how you wouldn't have finished in time. :tongue: I wouldn't be surprised if I failed this exam, purely because the examiner can't read my handwriting.

Nope. I had 1 minute to do the last 6 marks, and hence got the Hardy equation wrong :rolleyes:

Original post by heartskippedabeat
I have maths on thursday aswell, S2? :tongue:
Ahh good luck for waffling, at least you had practice today :wink:
I have english on thursday aswell though so i have loadssss to learn for that :frown: :tongue:

Naah. I've only got C3 :rofl: .. Good luck to you too :smile:
Reply 2792
wow yep i failed that, and im definitely going to miss my medicine offer :frown:

i hope that the grade boundaries are really low, because knowing ocr, theyll want a specific phrase to get a mark
Reply 2793
1A) plant protein - animal protein (3)
b) humus question regarding process (2)
?) question regarding use of a plant to restore nitrogen into soil (3)
?) refer to letters on diagram how nitrogen decreases (3)
?) why rare sheep kept in existence (2)
?) processes involved in allowing sheep to eat sea weed (lol) (2)

only parts of question 1 i can remember :/ any1 feel free to add to it :P
gonna have to push for an A* in maths and chemistry now, no chance i got an A in that
Original post by sc0307
Did anyone get around 53% for the percentage question? What did everyone get for the p and q values?

oh no i got 30.5%!!!!!
Original post by greenford
it was a hard paper... do you think the mark scheme will be similar to jan 2011..
overall.. hard paper

PS: Lets create a FB group about how difficult the paper was.. :angry:

What's the point? Remember for chem that didn't do much. Should we email complaining? I think we have a valid reason. If anything, the paper didn't cover the spec, nothing on muscles sliding filiment theory which hasn't come up! I'm going to wait for answers to see if it's worth it.

Same
Reply 2797
Original post by Princess_perfect786
oh no i got 30.5%!!!!!

I got 40.1% lol
Aha I think I managed to get them into the senescence question somehow :s-smilie:
I think it was 60 for an A and 55/54 ish for a B.

I agree, I didnt hate the paper, I think Ive made silly mistakes, but people at my school rushed the paper at the end, and overall some people reallly hated it...
Reply 2799
Did y'all get p = 0.08 and q = 0.92?

It works for p+q = 1 and p^2 + 2pq + q^2 = 1

Most of the bugs were red which was bb so there must be loads of recessive alleles?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending