The Student Room Group

F215 - Revision thread 13th June 2011

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TobeTheHero
Is that how you spell it?!

haha sorry I was too worried about getting the question wrong to care about spelling :colondollar:
Original post by Crazydavy
What was the grade boundary for the January paper?

Plus, what did people put to the question, 'what type of mutation is UUG' or whatever that question was? I put neutral since it would have a neutral effect but I'm not sure?

60 for an A
Reply 2962
Original post by casiogeek
I put a point mutation :confused:

Where did you get that term from? I've never seen it in the book so I put base substitution.
Reply 2963
Did anyone else just list off dferent Learnt and Innate behaviours for the 11 Marker and then just give an example and an advantage for each one?
Original post by Signed Solution
I just wrote substitution... Judging by the posts, I guess I'm wrong lol. Damn, this is depressing. I think I'll just play games for a few hours and forget about it.

I wrote base point substitution or something. As far as I can see, you'd be correct in saying either substitution or silent mutation.

They should have made the question more specific. :frown:
Reply 2965
Original post by jungdao
Where did you get that term from? I've never seen it in the book so I put base substitution.

it's single base substitution.
Original post by jungdao

Same thing.
Reply 2967
Mine was very dijointed and not much of an essay...
Original post by jungdao

Its the same thing.:smile:
i wrote substitution for the mutation question

i think there should be a range of answers as it depends how you read/interpreted it!
Original post by Boompw
For the change from UUU to UUC did people get silent mutation or point mutation?

I put silent mutation, but it is a point mutation as well. ****ing OCR not being specific enough!

Original post by sportycricketer
What did people get for Molecular Analysis??

I put electrophoresis, don't think it's right though.
Call that an biology exam paper. Dream on!
I learnt the whole spec inside out, from top to toe....
.....so what do OCR go and do......
....hmmm lets ask questions
1.) to do with AS biology
2.) lets ask 15 marks worth on a double page spread about nitrogen
3.) lets set out the questions so everybody runs out of time
4.) an impossible hardy-weinLOADOFCRAP question

I deserve an A in A-level biology. I feel cheated!
(sorry for my language, but a university place is at stake!!!)
Original post by Wor Carroll
I put silent mutation, but it is a point mutation as well. ****ing OCR not being specific enough!

I put electrophoresis, don't think it's right though.

I put electrophoresis - only thing i could think of
what did people get for the hardy weinberg question??...i know for a fact i prob got no marks from first three pages..but as soon as i saw the behaviour question i was like thankyou god...n then that tissue culture came up which wernt too bad..wot did you put for the differences between somatic n gene therapy..prophase1/2..?????

Think ive messed this up
I have failed :frown: :'(
Reply 2975
Really, where did people get the terms point mutation and silent mutation from? o_O Do you have a different text book?
The nucleic acid must have been mRNA.

You were asked to read off the codons to figure out the amino acids. AUG was Met (which is the mRNA codon).

If it were tRNA, you would be reading the anti-codons, so Met would have been UAC.
on the hardy-weinburg question did people get p i think as 0.38 and q as 0.62 ? pleasee!
Original post by entertheOJI
Call that an biology exam paper. Dream on!
I learnt the whole spec inside out, from top to toe....
.....so what do OCR go and do......
....hmmm lets ask questions
1.) to do with AS biology
2.) lets ask 15 marks worth on a double page spread about nitrogen
3.) lets set out the questions so everybody runs out of time
4.) an impossible hardy-weinLOADOFCRAP question

I deserve an A in A-level biology. I feel cheated!
(sorry for my language, but a university place is at stake!!!)

I would +1rep you but I've run out - but i agree with you 100%
what did everyone put for the 'differences between the CNS and the PNS' question?

i just said the CNS= the brain + spinal cord
and the PNS= the autonomic nervous system (sympathetic + parasympathetic) and somatic nervous system

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending