The Student Room Group

Equilibria, Energetics and Elements (F325) - June 2011 Exam.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by maniRB
I feel like crying. I just got 55 out of 100 on the June 2010 paper! Can someone please tell me what grade it is according to the grade boundaries for this paper? I can't find it anywhere! Please quote me! Thanks!

You scraped a C, mate :smile:
Reply 1481
Original post by goldlock
You scraped a C, mate :smile:

FML! Thanks :smile:
gold lock question:::

is the number of mols of carbon in CaC2 the same as the number of moles in 3C if the equation is :

CaO + 3C ----> CaC2 +CO

and n of Ca 1:1 ??

to find overall n of CaC2 can i add the number of mols together ?
Original post by maniRB
FML! Thanks :smile:

you're tired and probs made lots of careless mistakes!!!

I'd begin by writing down all of the reactants/products that you're given in the question, aside from any hydroxide ions, protons or H20 that you may well need to even things up - so, begin with saying that N02 + I- goes to I2 + NO
Then, you need to work out which of these atoms change oxidation number, and balance those atmos that do (so, I goes from -1 to 0 so balance the number of iodines). That should set you on your way :smile:

hi again, how did u know that NO was going to be a product?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QzPxLeJhjw&feature=related

to cheer people up :biggrin: its gnna be a long night!
Original post by hey-hey-hey
hi again, how did u know that NO was going to be a product?

They asked you that in the part just before this one, a colourless gas is produced with molar mass of 30 :smile:
Original post by bambinooo

is the number of mols of carbon in CaC2 the same as the number of moles in 3C if the equation is :

CaO + 3C ----> CaC2 +CO

please someone answer this question :frown:

CaO + 3C ----> CaC2 +CO

Sorry, I don't quite understand what you're asking :frown: is this even on the spec?
Off to bed now, will do a past paper tomorrow morning then hope for the best.

Good luck everyone! :biggrin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QzPxLeJhjw&feature=related

to cheer people up :biggrin: its gnna be a long night!

who is that? is that you?
its rly good
Sorry, I don't quite understand what you're asking :frown: is this even on the spec?

i have no idea but i dont trust ocr so i'm covering all my bases ....in the specimen paper question 6 d) there was a question that asked us to do something similar to the question i asked in terms of using the mass of products to work out moles of elements in the product...! maybs im over thinking it ....:frown: thanks anyway :P
who is that? is that you?
its rly good

hahah no i wish... watch this : his name's jake shimba something i think that was a cover though of jakes stuff...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyQXNf6OAKM&feature=related
I'm so nervous about tomorrow... half of the questions on the Jan 2011 paper were impossible to me and I havn't done any of the examination questions in the textbook and so that makes me feel uneasy.. I'm so scared :frown: Good luck everyone and just to confirm, it is at 1.30pm tomorrow right?
Reply 1494
hello late nighters :biggrin:

They asked you that in the part just before this one, a colourless gas is produced with molar mass of 30 :smile:

ohh yeah ooooppsss!! :/ im tired
thank you
you're reeally helpful
Thanks a bunch :smile:
i have no idea but i dont trust ocr so i'm covering all my bases ....in the specimen paper question 6 d) there was a question that asked us to do something similar to the question i asked in terms of using the mass of products to work out moles of elements in the product...! maybs im over thinking it ....:frown: thanks anyway :P

Oh right - yeah I don't trust 'em either, these bastards hold our chemistry grade in our hands eh :P
but I can show how to do that question off the specimen paper if you want

hahah no i wish... watch this : his name's jake shimba something i think that was a cover though of jakes stuff...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyQXNf6OAKM&feature=related

Ahh thats good too,
ahh im jealous i wish i could play that instrument, Ukalali? something aha i cant spell :/
ohh yeah ooooppsss!! :/ im tired
thank you
you're reeally helpful
Thanks a bunch :smile:

happy to help :smile:
Oh right - yeah I don't trust 'em either, these bastards hold our chemistry grade in our hands eh :P
but I can show how to do that question off the specimen paper if you want

yes please ....:biggrin::biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending