The Student Room Group

Equilibria, Energetics and Elements (F325) - June 2011 Exam.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2340
Original post by CoventryCity
Does anybody know how long it take to usually get a copy of the Q paper after the exam?

the next day
Original post by mrt23498
I didn't like drawing this. I scribbled, and scribbled and did it, perhaps right but boy i hope its legible

Y bother drawing the whole thing. but didn't u look at the simplified example? it was so simple, u just had to draw an ARC from one ligand to the next, three arcs!
Original post by himmai
i think ur right i jus checked and it is also around 60 percent in real life (copper in brass) :'(

If your value was half of 67.6% or something like that, then I do not think you could've lost that many marks.
Original post by OscarK123
Sorry to do this, but can anyone please let me know what result they got for the copper percentage in brass?

I got like 8.2 x 10^-3 %
It's clearlyyy wrong lol hoping for a couple marks for working.. :s-smilie:
Reply 2344
I didn't think it was too bad. The buffers q was ridiculous, but other than that, there were only a few really difficult questions I thought. I dunno if I'm the only one here who thinks that. Much easier than the biology IMO.
Reply 2345
This exam actually made me feel sick :/
Reply 2346
was the ionic equation just H+ + Oh- = h20 cause the calciuam hydroxide was aqueous? and my original equation was
2 moles of the acid + ca(oh)2 = (chchoco-)2ca + 2h20
Reply 2347
Original post by good morning
how big is your ego?

no hedgehog questions or seaweed eating sheep today though....

she's saying she was predicted an A, but how can she possibly get an A when the smartest girl she knows struggled with the paper...so it has nothing to do with ego.

don't worry, woods.vanessa...i gets ya! :biggrin:

and yeah thank god ocr laid off the farmyard animals today...don't know how much more of that i can take :s-smilie:
Is anybody actually thinking of making a formal complaint?
If enough people did, what effect would it have?
Original post by bino756
I didn't think it was too bad. The buffers q was ridiculous, but other than that, there were only a few really difficult questions I thought. I dunno if I'm the only one here who thinks that. Much easier than the biology IMO.

I agree with you there! I thought the Buffer question was weird amoungst with that KOH dissociation one as well :s-smilie:.. other than that, it was ok
Reply 2350
The half life question was really ambiguous..the half life increased to 210 and then decreased..agh I must have lost most of those marks
Original post by Lissa-154
Fair point, but we are only A level students? Prospective chemists have years worth of practice at application at university surely?

Yeah we are, but university isn't that far away - I make it 4 months. They might as well have some idea of who's capable before we get there.
Reply 2352
Original post by Unkempt_One
If your value was half of 67.6% or something like that, then I do not think you could've lost that many marks.

thanks dude :cool:
Reply 2353
guys i have the paper with me right now...if i was to upload it would i get into trouble?
Reply 2354
Original post by woods.vanessa
Is anybody actually thinking of making a formal complaint?
If enough people did, what effect would it have?

Probably very little effect... they seemingly got away light with the impossible 8 marker in the recent D1 maths exam; all they did was say sorry and that we won't be disadvantaged.
Original post by .r.
she's saying she was predicted an A, but how can she possibly get an A when the smartest girl she knows struggled with the paper...so it has nothing to do with ego.

don't worry, woods.vanessa...i gets ya! :biggrin:

and yeah thank god ocr laid off the farmyard animals today...don't know how much more of that i can take :s-smilie:

THANK YOU :smile:
I was feeling victimised lol!
I do AQA Bio which I thought would be much harder than OCR Chem but I was wrong :frown:
Original post by jontylol
Was there an actual method to working out which acid to use for the 'magic tang'? Because i said that all the acids would work so i just picked lactic acid and went with it :/ And i got a 1:2 ratio of salt:acid

I went for lactic acid too because it was the one with pKa value closest to the required pH. Also got 2:1 :smile:

Yay, think that's 1mark i've got at least....
Original post by touran22
guys i have the paper with me right now...if i was to upload it would i get into trouble?

do it
everyone should email ocr - i did and hope if there are enough independant complaints the difficulty of the paper will be investigated by exam regulator...pls everone email (on website there is address). Desparate times call for desparate measures!
Original post by touran22

No you wont. Exam is over now, there is nothing we can do to change it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending